Prince Edward County | GTAMotorcycle.com

Prince Edward County

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Wondering if anyone has good recommendations for roads in the Prince Edward County area? Thinking of going in a few weeks and I’d like to trailer the bike there for a half a day cruise in and around the island.

I know it well, inlaws live there.
Beautiful riding along the lake and the Banks, roads in great condition as well.
Picton can get pretty busy and there is usually allot of cops as well so keep the speeds fairly legal.
Roads #13, 8 and 7 are probably the most scenic nice loop around the side banks as well on 12.
Its not a huge place and easily done in an afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Cable ferry from picton is kind of cool too if you have some more time to kill. Honestly, on the X I would just wander around and explore. I've never been on any road/trail in the county where you would have issues.

Cable ferry from picton is kind of cool too if you have some more time to kill. Honestly, on the X I would just wander around and explore. I've never been on any road/trail in the county where you would have issues.
I'm not sure of the ferry protocol. It used to be they'd wave bikes down because they could fit them on between cars. You avoid the line ups. I'm not sure if they still do.

I'm thinking the same thing. Why the trailer
But than again. it is about a 2.5 hour ride from Mississauga along the 401.

The island is small so if you get there early you could probably cover every road on the island.

Be sure to visit Lake on the Mountain and see the lake sitting above you and Picton Bay far below.
The Glenora ferry runs frequently, about every half hour I think and it's free. Enjoy a leisurely ride to Napanee or even Kingston and back.

take highway 2 from Cobourg and take a break from the 401 if your going ride all the way. There are some corners that might catch you off guard so heads up.

I lived there/owned a home for 15 years
always went elsewhere for good riding - north and east it becomes hilly/twisty

PEC is basically a limestone island that surfaced at some point
used to be a shoal of Lake Ontario, ie: it as flat as pancake

it is considerably warmer/drier than the surrounding communities - Belleville and Trenton
as a riding destination, there are lots of roads to put on miles

cruiser riders love the area, as it is flat, few corners, and lots of places to stop
the chickies love PEC too, wine tours, BnB's, quaint towns

summary:

wanna get laid : 8/10
riding: 2/10

edit: it's no longer a cable ferry
def diesel powered, and that makes it no less uninteresting

take highway 2 from Cobourg and take a break from the 401 if your going ride all the way. There are some corners that might catch you off guard so heads up.
I'd get off long before cobourg. Lakeshore road from newtonville used to be fun but I have a feeling it is getting worse with time.

I just did a bit of a run in that area today. I went through Trenton/Belleville and crossed over this big bridge on HWY 62 and then took HWY 3 along the northern side to Brighton. After that it was HWY 2 to Grafton, then 401 home. Great roads, wonderful scenery.

I guess if you really want to trailer it, you could start around Sandbanks or Wellington. Those roads near the water are nice.

As stated the few main roads listed above are moreso the scenic ones but depending on what you want I'd also suggest you go explore. The south end of the island has some fun and interesting roads that I've also explored and had fun on.

And it's a nice trek up to Cambellford. Do they still do Charlie Mahoney's Indian Days?

Holleford crater is about an hour away.

If you like to cruise nice country roads in a scenic area by bike or by car you'll enjoy PEC. If your bike has a small tank watch your gas level in some areas. There are no real curvy bike roads in the general area, if you want this then you'll have to ride north for at least an hour.

If you like to cruise nice country roads in a scenic area by bike or by car you'll enjoy PEC. If your bike has a small tank watch your gas level in some areas. There are no real curvy bike roads in the general area, if you want this then you'll have to ride north for at least an hour.
If he's riding north, he can go check on Trials. If he finds him in good form he could give the X a real workout.

Back
Top Bottom