Price Check | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Price Check

Re: Sell or not sell

Going to be a hard sell this time of year unless its a really good deal ($4000). It's worth 5-5500. We both know the high-km will scare people off. Setting a high asking price in hopes of offers isn't going to help much this time of year. List it at $6000 and deal with the usual low-ballers. Might get your $5000 on a quick sale. I sold my last GSXR in mint shape but with 55,000km and got close to asking price (listed fair but not low).
What did you get for it if you don't mind me asking - What GSXR and year?

I could sell tomorrow or in early march, I got no rush

Just price what you think is fair and what you will live with. Ignore the low ballers offers. Done. It will sell quickly ... it's the people who want unrealistic money for used bikes wasting time for months.

What did you get for it if you don't mind me asking - What GSXR and year?

I could sell tomorrow or in early march, I got no rush

Sold my '06 GSXR1000 in '12 for $6,500 (listed at 6,750). 55,000km's. Yosh exhaust, PCIII, sliders, windshield were the mod list. Sold uncert but it didn't need anything.

Selling in our local market you have to ask for more then what you expect to get, no one wants to pay what your asking its just the way sales go here...So you want $5000 ask for $6000 and let them talk you down to $5000, they feel like they got a deal and everyone is happy

Sold my '06 GSXR1000 in '12 for $6,500 (listed at 6,750). 55,000km's. Yosh exhaust, PCIII, sliders, windshield were the mod list. Sold uncert but it didn't need anything.
You got good money for it - Awesome bike, I got the same bike as a race bike

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think I now have an idea of what I have to price it at.

What tax?

He was trading in the bike which implies he was buying another vehicle from a dealership. The traded in vehicle reduces the amount payable before tax is applied and therefore you save the tax on that portion.

ie. for $10000 vehicle with no trade in, you pay $10000*1.13=11300
for $10000 vehicle with $2950 trade in you pay (10000-2950)*1.13=7966.50
With a trade-in value of $2950, you end up paying $3333.50 less (11300-7966.50).

You can even play this game with 1 degree of separation, I bought a bike at dealership A that didn't want my bike as a trade-in, so I took it to dealership B which wanted it. Instead of a cheque, they gave me a piece of paper I took to dealership A and had the amount deducted off the purchase price of the bike before tax.

I had a Ninja 250 that had an extra digit 0 on the ODO compared to the rest of the ads on Kijiji (45,000kms). Ppl were asking if it was a typo lol

I had to price it the cheapest at $2750, while it had a new chain, tires, all fluids flushed, carbs synced etc. Sold it on the same week.

You won't have any issues selling it for $5k, especially if you can provide maintenance records, in my opinion. If it's the cheapest GSXR750 on Kijiji, while not nearly the worst in terms of condition, I'm sure it will sell.

Just try to use higher resolution pics on your ad than the one in post 1 =)

I had a Ninja 250 that had an extra digit 0 on the ODO compared to the rest of the ads on Kijiji (45,000kms). Ppl were asking if it was a typo lol

I had to price it the cheapest at $2750, while it had a new chain, tires, all fluids flushed, carbs synced etc. Sold it on the same week.

You won't have any issues selling it for $5k, especially if you can provide maintenance records, in my opinion. If it's the cheapest GSXR750 on Kijiji, while not nearly the worst in terms of condition, I'm sure it will sell.

Just try to use higher resolution pics on your ad than the one in post 1 =)
Yea that was just a cell pic

I got the same bike as a race bike
I would have grabbed the last trackbike one you sold but I saw the add too late. I honestly like my '09 better though and wish I could afford to track it instead of my '07 600 which I just can't get confident on.

I would have grabbed the last trackbike one you sold but I saw the add too late. I honestly like my '09 better though and wish I could afford to track it instead of my '07 600 which I just can't get confident on.
If you are riding the 600 with stock suspension then you will be hard to find confidence on it. Get aftermarket and have it properly setup and you will be a happy camper (assuming you haven't done yet)

I sold my race ZX6RR cheap as well, that bike wanted to kill me but it was my fault for not spending the money on suspension.

What does 'not lady ridden' have to do with the worth of the bike?
It was a joke - I find it ridiculous when people put on their adds 'lady ridden' since some ladies I know ride the bikes harder than many guys

If you are riding the 600 with stock suspension then you will be hard to find confidence on it. Get aftermarket and have it properly setup and you will be a happy camper (assuming you haven't done yet)
Ran Ohlins TTX and Traxxion AK20 kit last season. Hopefully the work with Sharrard this past Fall will help (rebuild shock with heavier spring, new geometry, etc).

I am looking to get around 5k - People can low ball as much as they want, it is up to me to play ball or not.

But I understand the point.

I guess I am just looking for honest opinions on what people would pay for it

FWIW, I'm a "great deal or no buy" type of buyer - With the mileage etc. and none of the add-ons, I wouldn't pay over $4k. That's heavily based on the guy who buys the bike from me with 80k mileage will likely offer me $3.2k.

I think you should sell the M4, yoshimura slip on and PC5 etc. separately.

Last edited:

FWIW, I'm a "great deal or no buy" type of buyer - With the mileage etc. and none of the add-ons, I wouldn't pay over $4k. That's heavily based on the guy who buys the bike from me with 80k mileage will likely offer me $3.2k.

I think you should sell the M4, yoshimura slip on and PC5 etc. separately.
I end up doing that with my previous race bike, no one wanted to pay the price with all the fancy bits, so I took them out and lower the price of the bike and sold them separately and end up making more money.

However, a slip on, a PC and a screen to me are not really mods I consider high in value and worth the pain in the *** to remove them and sell separately.

But it is a good idea none the less.

damn! another missed deal. I wanted to pay $6366.36.
back to scouring the internets

damn! another missed deal. I wanted to pay $6366.36.
back to scouring the internets
That number sucks ;)

Ran Ohlins TTX and Traxxion AK20 kit last season. Hopefully the work with Sharrard this past Fall will help (rebuild shock with heavier spring, new geometry, etc).

The best/most expensive components in the world aren't worth the box they're shipped in if they're not setup properly which sounds like the case before John got to it.

I'll trade you 94 dodge Dakota and a carton of smokes for the bike. Not a smoke more.

Back
Top Bottom