Political Correctness? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Political Correctness?

But what do you do about idiots like Donald Trump?

Prime example of why there's PC. Because some people are just ignorant boisterous arseholes. And by doing the sheit he's doing, he's encouraging people to demonstrate more of their ignorance creating more division and more conflict.

Thicker skin is great in theory, but there's always people who are more sensitive with their hot strings.

Yes and no. I think a big reason of why Trump became so popular is because people are sick of this overly PC world where you cant say anything anymore. He represents someone who cuts though the PC BS and says whatever he wants.

Now yes, most of what he says is crazy nonsense but the idea that we can say what we want without eing attacked by SJW and liberal media is appealing.

We supposedly have the freedom of speech but this whole PC warrior system is taking away our right to speak freely without technically stopping us. So rather than them making it illegal to say things they dont like to hear, they shun you and isolate you for having an opinion. Some opinions are hateful and evil but some opinions are good and should be heard.

Feminists are the biggest abusers of PC btw. Ive had many conversations with them where i bring up facts about gender issues and rather than arguing back with stats/facts, they just scream and yell and call you whatever to silence you. Thats how the SJWs use the political correctness to silence dissent.

Well said!

Yes and no. I think a big reason of why Trump became so popular is because people are sick of this overly PC world where you cant say anything anymore. He represents someone who cuts though the PC BS and says whatever he wants.

Now yes, most of what he says is crazy nonsense but the idea that we can say what we want without eing attacked by SJW and liberal media is appealing.

We supposedly have the freedom of speech but this whole PC warrior system is taking away our right to speak freely without technically stopping us. So rather than them making it illegal to say things they dont like to hear, they shun you and isolate you for having an opinion. Some opinions are hateful and evil but some opinions are good and should be heard.

Feminists are the biggest abusers of PC btw. Ive had many conversations with them where i bring up facts about gender issues and rather than arguing back with stats/facts, they just scream and yell and call you whatever to silence you. Thats how the SJWs use the political correctness to silence dissent.

As i mentioned, PC is being taken too far in a lot of cases yes.

But then you think of what Trump can get away with, WHILE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT... and think about how much it empowers all the dimwits who DON'T have anything to back their sheit up.
If Trump can do it on his own ground, I can do it to.
And that's a door we don't necessarily want to open. It's a can of worms that can go wrong is so many wrong ways
Vigilante Justice
Unjustified Discrimination
Hate groups
and the list could go on...forever.

I see PC as being a "you do your own thing behind closed doors, but when you're with me in public, show some respect"

As i mentioned, PC is being taken too far in a lot of cases yes.

But then you think of what Trump can get away with, WHILE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT... and think about how much it empowers all the dimwits who DON'T have anything to back their sheit up.
If Trump can do it on his own ground, I can do it to.
And that's a door we don't necessarily want to open. It's a can of worms that can go wrong is so many wrong ways
Vigilante Justice
Unjustified Discrimination
Hate groups
and the list could go on...forever.

I see PC as being a "you do your own thing behind closed doors, but when you're with me in public, show some respect"

Oh for sure. There is no doubt that Trump will open the gates for racists and hateful groups to go wild. What i was trying to say though was that when PC is being taken too far, all of a sudden you get another group of extremists running the show. So its either a bunch of racists bigots or a bunch or radical feminists and social justice warriors that will punish people with their power.

Remeber the twitter case in Toronto when that guys voiced his opinion and the feminists took him to court ... On either side, someone will abuse the system in place. No politicall correctness leads to injustice but too much of it does the same thing.

Its one thing to not call black people the N word. Its a matter of respect and political correctness in that case makes sense. But when it goes to extremes where you are no longer allowed to have an unsripted opinion or when everything is a trigger warning/safe space and people loose thier reason to feelings, you will end up having another kind of bat **** crazy extremists running the show.

My point it, too little of it is bad but too much of it is equally dangerous.

Moderation is the key to everything.....

So true, also my experiences with PC is all thru the media, newspapers, TV, youtube, internet etc. Things get whipped into a froth there, not really representative of real life. In real life you don't really see it because people don't go around being rude or racist to people, generally. Indifference is not racist, sexist etc.

PS, maybe my perception, as a privileged white male, is skewed because when I get roughed up in public (read: not treated with the kindest of regards) I just suck it up ( or whine about it in trash talk) but I supposed if I wore the self inflicted shame of any minority group I might see everything as a slight.

Last edited:
HST was a dip$hit.

I disagree. If we all lived like Lemmy or HST the world would be a much better place and they spoke their mind. I don't think they knew the meaning of the word moderation :)

Its amazing to think about it now, but HST was actually a voice of reason in crazy time. Some of his writings and essays on Nixon and other politicians were spot on in hindsight. It would be a shame that some of that was never published based on political correctness.

Last edited:
:). Got to love the internet. Clearly a well though out articulate statement. I'm sure Thompson would appreciate how low we have sunk.

I'm a light reader so my favourite authors are Bill Bryson and Stewart Lee. I also like them as people as told to me thru personality profiles. All I've ever read about HST, I wouldn't bring him 'ome to mum IF I were gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm a light reader so my favourite authors are Bill Bryson and Stewart Lee. I also like them as people as told to me thru personality profiles. All I've ever read about HST, I wouldn't bring him 'ome to mum IF I were gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

To each his own and I think variety makes the world go around, but there are so may great works that would not have been published today due to PC. Another favorite author is Anthony Burgess and while not my favorite novel of his, could you imagine someone taking a chance on a Clockwork Orange today

Moderation is the key to everything.....

Sorry for the thread-jack. Was reading Get Fuzzy to my son and the panel below had he & I chuckling.
6PwEwzO.jpg

Back to your thread ...

It's all about the cheques and balances.

Folks want to say stuff and they can. But folks can say stuff back.

PC is a way to avoid false outrage of being offended.

Say what you want and own it. And if someone wants to take a shot at it, so be it.

Stick and stones.....well, something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about the cheques and balances.

Folks want to say stuff and they can. But folks can say stuff back.

PC is a way to avoid false outrage of being offended.

Say what you want and own it. And if someone wants to take a shot at it, so be it.

Stick and stones.....well, something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom