Police Look To Identify Group Of Stunt Driving Motorcyclists | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Police Look To Identify Group Of Stunt Driving Motorcyclists

disregard can be inferred by words spoken or arguments made & not necessarily have anything to do with your usual assumptions & conclusions, in your own mind & that's all that matters to you, big deal

and you're the one that preaches about 'listening' to the other side??

that's a foundation of double standards from the get go doncha know, but heh, good luck with it, i'm sure many will bite & go there

pretty jumpy yet again over a little challenge, that you often stage & setup, the last time with bears lol

Excuse me? A clear disregard? Do you have access to me driving record? Take a step back from the slanderous ******** bud... But it shows what kind of person you are when you attribute guilt to someone for questioning the ridiculously low speed limits ... In fact, it makes you an *******. Go ahead and report it; it needed to be said.

Last edited:
I bet They already know who's involved from cell phone triangulation of devices in the areas that were mentioned. Just need some extra evidence to narrow it down.

so do the police have any evidence that these particular rider are the ones who were driving "dangerously"?
Seems like the police want to riders on camera to gain further information on the other riders. I dont' think the police have anything to arrest these individual riders.

so do the police have any evidence that these particular rider are the ones who were driving "dangerously"?
Seems like the police want to riders on camera to gain further information on the other riders. I dont' think the police have anything to arrest these individual riders.

Could be just a ploy to scare some of them, as I suspect that the police realize that groups like this will only start increasing with frequency like they are down in the states.

Until the cops are able to use tire spikes or ramming riders with their cruisers they are fighting a losing battle.

Frig...for real? Driving is still a privilege, not a right.

When the police show up at your door demanding to inspect your property without a warrant, cry charter...I'll be right behind you defending our rights on that one. There are plenty of situations where I'm happy to defend the charter and would be the first to stand up for my rights.

You would be surprised how many idiots would continue to back the police state ideology on that one. Take a look at all the law abiding gun owners who have had their homes broken into and guns seized illegally by the RCMP an OPP (Google High River Gun Grab). The phony Charter of Rights and Freedoms appears only a law of convenience in Canada whose justice is unattainable for the common man without million$ to pay.

But when you go out onto public roads that are governed by the HTA, like it or not you're subject to them. If you don't like it...don't ride/drive on our roads, simple.

That goes for any laws in our society, but I fail to see on my driver's license where it says I automatically waive all my Charter Rights simply by the act of using a public highway. The HTA make a mockery of the "Right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure". You don't have to impound a motorcycle because it's missing safety features, you just pull the plates and force the owner to have it towed to a garage or his home for repair. That's the removal of the privilege. Seizing someone's property is another thing entirely.

82.2 plays an important role in making our roads safe
...without it anyone and everyone could simply tell an officer to get stuffed (as seems evident you would choose to do) and drive off in/on their potentially unsafe or illegal vehicle Yes, 82.2 is mainly used for commercial vehicles, but not solely, and there are blitzes where the OPP enact 82.2 to get junkers off our roads. You are being incredibly naive if you think that the in the case of random motorcycle spot checks 82.2 wouldn't play a key role. Hell, Google it and you'll find some relevant stories, even case law.

82.2 generally applies to commercial rigs. The notorious "truck jail" was enacted because of the flying truck wheels killing people. Because of the dangerous nature of semi trucks I generally agree with it. I don't agree with impounding someone's private vehicle unless they're drunk, don't have a license, or they're an immediate danger to the public. I find it hard to believe a guy hiding his plate falls under this category. Give him a big fat fine and demerit points and see how he deals with it.

Some people live in a perfect world utopia where laws are irrelevant and anything that impedes their desire to do as they bloody well wish are lauded as "undemocratic" or "heavy handed", and now "against the charter".

Your post history has shown a clear disregard for laws for which you don't agree so this shouldn't surprise anyone here, but trying to drag the charter into it is a new one...

I think what people are really looking for is the freedom to run outside the traffic laws where it is not unreasonable to do so, ie. an empty road, or situations where going a bit over the speed limit is fairly innocuous and the risk to others in minimal. I agree with you that there are too many entitled drivers who take chances with others lives on busy highways, namely cage drivers. Motorcycles killing other drivers are quite rare. The stunt riding we have seen is foolish, but those guys are usually only brave until the first serious accident. It's basically a self-correcting problem. Running around trying to find them, then going through an expensive legal process to convict them doesn't seem wise to me.

Frig...for real? Driving is still a privilege, not a right.

Tired old cliche trotted out again. Everything is a rrright if you meet the qualifiers there tiger. If "they" can't deny you it's hardly a privilege.

...82.2 generally applies to commercial rigs. The notorious "truck jail" was enacted because of the flying truck wheels killing people. Because of the dangerous nature of semi trucks I generally agree with it. I don't agree with impounding someone's private vehicle unless they're drunk, don't have a license, or they're an immediate danger to the public...

These ss riders are an immediate danger to the public. They are an immediate danger to themselves, who are part of the public, as well as if they crash and spread ss parts all over the highway, that the driving public behind them will run into and damage vehicles, possibly causing a chain reaction crash.

I am all for hunting down ss riders and checking for credentials, as a prophylactic action to end mass ss hooliganism on our highways. Until this nonsense ends, I expect the police to do their job and find these riders.

Riders can be their own worse enemy here in that hooligan riding enables politicians to create reactive traffic laws that negatively impacts everyone. The 50 km over and "stunt" riding seizure laws are both overly simplistic and subject to abusive application by police.

When I'm commuting on the 407 and traffic flow is 135 - 140Km, does seizing my vehicle for driving 10km faster really make sense? Is 50 km over on the 407 the same as 50 km over in a school zone in a residential area? This law only exists because of hooligan riders and videos of idiots doing wheelies for miles on the 400 series highways as well as a few street racing tuner car accidents with multiple fatalities. All of us suffer due to the actions of a relatively small number of idiots.

This past summer I'm on the 507 going south in my car and caught behind 2 or 3 vehicles doing 85 - 90km. Passing for me is not an option as car acceleration is just too anemic. 3 riders come up behind me and close very rapidly. Lead guy stops <5 ft. off my bumper and throws up one hand and shakes his head in a disgusted "what the f*** are you doing blocking my road" manner. Over the next couple of minutes all three guys pass the string of cars in a very choppy and aggressive manner and the last guy had the closest near miss I've every seen, just about had his left leg sheared off by a truck coming the other way. I'm pretty sure that if politicians or police happened to ask any of the drivers involved if they'd support a crackdown on motorcycles and "stunt" driving that there would be plenty of support and few defenders.

Riders can be their own worse enemy here in that hooligan riding enables politicians to create reactive traffic laws that negatively impacts everyone. The 50 km over and "stunt" riding seizure laws are both overly simplistic and subject to abusive application by police.

When I'm commuting on the 407 and traffic flow is 135 - 140Km, does seizing my vehicle for driving 10km faster really make sense? Is 50 km over on the 407 the same as 50 km over in a school zone in a residential area? This law only exists because of hooligan riders and videos of idiots doing wheelies for miles on the 400 series highways as well as a few street racing tuner car accidents with multiple fatalities. All of us suffer due to the actions of a relatively small number of idiots.

This past summer I'm on the 507 going south in my car and caught behind 2 or 3 vehicles doing 85 - 90km. Passing for me is not an option as car acceleration is just too anemic. 3 riders come up behind me and close very rapidly. Lead guy stops <5 ft. off my bumper and throws up one hand and shakes his head in a disgusted "what the f*** are you doing blocking my road" manner. Over the next couple of minutes all three guys pass the string of cars in a very choppy and aggressive manner and the last guy had the closest near miss I've every seen, just about had his left leg sheared off by a truck coming the other way. I'm pretty sure that if politicians or police happened to ask any of the drivers involved if they'd support a crackdown on motorcycles and "stunt" driving that there would be plenty of support and few defenders.

And if you ask anyone who's ever lost someone to alcohol abuse, you'd find support for the re-introduction of prohibition. What's the media going to back? That's what really counts right.. lemmings

It's what RG said earlier and a few others alluded to. I've seen street stunting groups and individuals. The people that do that either stop before very long or get caught and wazoo'd with charges. It doesn't take much of that behaviour for the probabilities to catch up. The problem will correct itself and it won't take a very long time. No need to go crazy with police actions; the police will do their job through regular work and people will get caught.

The stunt riding we have seen is foolish, but those guys are usually only brave until the first serious accident. It's basically a self-correcting problem. Running around trying to find them, then going through an expensive legal process to convict them doesn't seem wise to me.

Lol what a pile of crap, so if I was riding in the area when it happened I would be somehow charged? "they just need some extra evidence" by extra you mean any?

Is it something in the water?
I bet They already know who's involved from cell phone triangulation of devices in the areas that were mentioned. Just need some extra evidence to narrow it down.

I will gladly give up my rights and freedoms as long as my fragile trembling little heart can sleep well at night ;)
Some stupid comments. As Benjamin Franklin noted, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

A guy from 1700 has a better understanding of the balance of liberty and safety than many people here today.

Stunters killing ppl = 0
stabbings = more than 10 that I am aware of
shootings = more than 10 that I am aware of
pedestrian killed by bicyclist = 1 (old lady last week)
missing people = ??
gun dealers = ??
drug dealers = ??
drunk drivers = ??
distracted drivers = ??

Perspective??

Stunters killing ppl = 0
stabbings = more than 10 that I am aware of
shootings = more than 10 that I am aware of
pedestrian killed by bicyclist = 1 (old lady last week)
missing people = ??
gun dealers = ??
drug dealers = ??
drunk drivers = ??
distracted drivers = ??

Perspective??

I think you mean proactive.

Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean nothing ever will. If the assclowns can be caught and made an example of then they should be. There's the potential here for a very serious incident, makes sense to nip it in the bud.

GTAM, where everyone is a detective/lawyer/law abiding citizen

Lol what a pile of crap, so if I was riding in the area when it happened I would be somehow charged? "they just need some extra evidence" by extra you mean any?

Is it something in the water?
All I was saying is that you take the several incidents that happened, cross reference the data that can be gathered and deduct who was in the area. This is not make believe. If you followed the Tim Bosma case, this is how they tracked the movement of 3 cell phones and the 2 convicted murderers. The thing is this takes a lot of resources ($$$) and would need a serious reason for them to do so. If these rouge motorcycle mobs are serious enough for the investigation to follow up on it could happen, so don't scoff at this.
It all comes down to resources and if they really need to find out members of these groups.

I think you mean proactive.

Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean nothing ever will. If the assclowns can be caught and made an example of then they should be. There's the potential here for a very serious incident, makes sense to nip it in the bud.

No, perspective.
We got bigger issues to deal with.
Is your kid/friend/family member likely to be stabbed/shot/robbed or are they likely to get killed by a stunter?

Back
Top Bottom