Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pokemon GO - On a Motorcycle!

Exception 2(b) means that a handlebar-mounted smart-phone would be ok when used as a telephone (with handsfree mode).

On a slightly different note, HTA 78 only applies to motor vehicles, not bicycles. But just because it is not-illegal, does not mean that is not stupid.

Yup, true until you see the driver/rider trying to operate their touch screen.

Unless.... Would "Sliding" a button be the same as "pressing a button"? Law specifies pressing a button to answer a call is allowed, but how about sliding...?

That being said, operating a game/video is prohibited.

Last edited:
I don't see why anyone would need to try this to know if it's a bad idea...

The idea would be to use the game as a GPS with points of interest to stop off at. Same as setting POI's on your GPS that you'd like to stop at for whatever reason.

Ideally it works just like a GPS - but not really...

Well to anyone born around 1990 like me, I have to admit, the nostalgia is real here... It felt like I was a kid again :happy6:

Born in 90's. Nostalgia.

FML.

Yup, true until you see the driver/rider trying to operate their touch screen.

Unless.... Would "Sliding" a button be the same as "pressing a button"? Law specifies pressing a button to answer a call is allowed, but how about sliding...?....

Try that distinction in front of a judge. Making contact with a virtual button or an actual one involves the same motion. Actually sliding takes more of your attention and time.

This thing is everywhere! Everyone keeps asking me if I play it. I'm an 80's kid so Pokemon wasn't part of my Saturday morning cartoon lineup.

I don't see why anyone would need to try this to know if it's a bad idea...
Because you know its a bad idea, but you wanna know how bad!

Like people splitting in moving traffic at high speed.

Or people racing on the roadways.

Or people riding with 0 gear on.

Or trespassing on private property.

Or driving a bike, atv, sea doo, boat, whichever drunk.

I've tried neither but many on this forum have! Why would they?

;)

This thing is everywhere! Everyone keeps asking me if I play it. I'm an 80's kid so Pokemon wasn't part of my Saturday morning cartoon lineup.
Me either. But it was on my original gameboy :p and mid 80s. Basically i was 10 when it came out. Crazy when i think about it

Me either. But it was on my original gameboy :p and mid 80s. Basically i was 10 when it came out. Crazy when i think about it

The first gen brick is probably one of the most 80's things that has existed. I should get my hands on one

Born in 90's. Nostalgia.

FML.
This.
I've been employed at my job longer than the new hires have been alive. ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The first gen brick is probably one of the most 80's things that has existed. I should get my hands on one
Got one.
And Game Boy Color.
And Game Boy Pocket.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Try that distinction in front of a judge. Making contact with a virtual button or an actual one involves the same motion. Actually sliding takes more of your attention and time.

This is what I'm wondering.. The law specifically states that pressing a button to answer/end a call is allowed, but many smart phones are designed to use a slider to pick up a call. It does indeed take more attention and time to use a slider - would this make it illegal for those having to slide to answer a call?

Not that a cop would really know....

It has started.....

https://www.facebook.com/nerdmuch/videos/1632566037060825/

Last edited:
I gave up street riding last season , after 37 years having my full M , due to the huge increase in distracted driving accidents combined with your lack of protection on two wheels .... this stupid fad only makes me feel better about that decision ....... unf***ingbelievable !!

oh, and "get off my lawn ! "

I feel old

Despite all the hype, I'm born in the 80s and see nothing that gets me excited about this game. A great way to waste time. I hear people are already using it to jump/rob unsuspecting gamers. With the way this game is taking off, I'm sure the very bizarre news headlines will be showing up soon.

It's getting high praises for getting people outside instead of glued to their tv screens. I'd rather have those people glued to their tv's then wandering around outside like zombies glued to their phones.

Don't I sound old.

Just as a reminder to everybody, if you're downloading an APK from the interwebz, make sure you scan the file before running it on your phone.

It's pretty easy to infect a phone and never know it's infected until it's too late.

Someone that infects your phone can do everything you can on your phone, but more... Aside from controlling your phone's power and logging keystrokes, and call/text log, the person can make/receive calls, text messages, switch on your mic, front/rear camera, and pretty much screw your whole life over. Ex. If you do banking on your phone or have any sorts of sensitive data.

Same with an iPhone if you install using the same method (can't remember the extension of the install file).

People have waaay too much time and money to spend on crap.
Go volunteer at some place and do something productive.

The dumbarses are even killing themselves or getting hurt playing this.

Go volunteer at some place and do something productive.

The dumbarses are even killing themselves or getting hurt playing this.

Most people are killing themselves or getting hurt the same way they would in a car, but playing a game instead of texting.

At least this game is getting kids out of the house rather than sitting at home on their iPads all day - which brings up a whole other issue with pedophiles (Note my previous post and add on to this as well).

That being said, time spent on GTAM is time wasted as well isn't it?

This is kind of a weird thing to say on a motorcycle forum

Focusing a huge amount of your attention on a smartphone screen while riding a motorcycle is just asking for a darwin award.

I have a cheap Garmin GPS that is about as dumb as it gets on my handlebars. A week ago I decided to put my iPhone in the holder instead and use Google Maps for navigating, but in short order I found myself distracted way more than I was comfortable with because of all the other notifications and stuff popping up. Back to the Garmin, or perhaps I'll try again with my phone on Airplane mode to cut out all the distractions.

Back
Top Bottom