Pickup Trucks | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup Trucks

If wifey no likely , matters not what your thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
She’s totally against me buying a car because she’s says it’s stupid to switch so soon (GTI).

I told her simply ‘ok. But if your out of warranty Odyssey fails and you can’t drive stick….YOU need to figure out a way to see your clients as I’m not going to drive you around.’

She may change that tune.

She’s totally against me buying a car because she’s says it’s stupid to switch so soon (GTI).

I told her simply ‘ok. But if your out of warranty Odyssey fails and you can’t drive stick….YOU need to figure out a way to see your clients as I’m not going to drive you around.’

Or... buy a new car for herself.

Given that she has a Honda, it should be decently reliable. For days it dies, she can rent a car and work can pay for it. Not ideal but probably cheaper than a car flip.

That is a good way to look at it also. Not even sure what made me focus on the Maverick.

Even something like an Escape / Qashqai would meet my needs 95% of the time.

Regardless wife said outright she doesn’t want a truck in the house so Mav is out.
Pick up trucks are a nice to have, but following the 95/5 rule they are not the best choice.
The Escape may be gone after 2025 (no hard evidence, just hearsay) otherwise in upper trim levels it is a decent choice.
Nissan has gravitated to the use of CVT transmission for most of it's models, efficient but the driving experience is "different". The Honda CRV also uses CVT.
The RAV 4 has a reputation for reliability, but it's motor has been classified as "gruff" by some Reviewers.
Lexus, is a thief magnet.
Genesis, not as much a thief magnet but it is $$$.
Volvo XC 40 is a nice SUV, the maintenace and insurance costs not so. This mirrors the experience with Audi, MB and BMW.
Hyundai and Kia - not heard the best with longevity of their 2 litre motors.
Unknown, is the VW Tiguan (the Taos appears to have QC issues).
Mazda, excellent build quality but dated shape and tranny, not as spacious.
EDIT: Subie, too has the CVT and the Mitsu is an unknown quantity.

My 2 cents, let us all know your final decision!

Last edited:
Looking at prices of the Maverick I’d probably be better off, keeping the GTI and buying an old Ranger / S10 / Colorado if I find id need it for something.

Back
Top Bottom