Phone app for discovering things to see? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Phone app for discovering things to see?

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure I used to have one of these apps, something by Atlas Obscura, but now I can't seem to find it on my phone, and the new Atlas Obscura app isn't available in Canada. No idea if it even works here anymore even.

Anyone got any suggestions for an app? There has to be something out there that can look at your GPS coordinates and cross reference it against a website like Obscura or whatnot to suggest cool things to see?

Headed up to do a Wawa / Chapleau route in a few weeks and I know there's stuff I'm missing that would be worth the stop - we're only doing 400ish KM per day so it's a very slow paced schedule.

OsmAnd is one I've used and lots of ADVriders use, can buy local maps or worldwide ones and store offline. Only negative I have is, the UI is pathetic, takes alot of figuring out just to load something, I still need to get the hang of it. However, info wise, it's jam packed, with topos, off roads, like having a set of paper maps on the phone

Thanks all, checking them out.

I found an app called WikiScope which purports to geolocate you in relation to local things with Wikipedia entries (which would lead to a lot of POI's) but dangit, the app just crashes on iOS14 beta.

Back
Top Bottom