People in Whitby don't know how to drive! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

People in Whitby don't know how to drive!

Well in my opinion that just makes him wrong or a liar most of the time :)
excellent. Looking forward to info on people using lamps at the side of the road which are red, and flash, and they receive tickets for performing such an act. :)

Last edited:
All day yesterday people all day don't seem to know how to drive. Almost got hit at least 12 times. Was riding dt Whitby regular speed on the right lane and someone ahead of me on the left lane took a right turn into a parking spot and cut me off.

Come on Whitby! I expect this kind of behavior in Scarborough, but not Whitby!

Remember forks to ride defensively, especially when you are near cars. That's why I tend to burst fast away from cars to avoid being hit by people not paying attention.

Try riding in Brampton.... :( lol

Sweetonion:

The sections you posted refer to MOTOR VEHICLE. A MOTORCYCLE is NOT a motor vehicle under the relevant sections of the HTA. I posted ALL the relevant MOTORCYCLE sections of the HTA regarding lamps for a motorcycle. Why would I include the sections that refer to a MOTOR VEHICLE when we are discussing motorcycle lamps and your asertion that they were prohobited. When in fact as I have pointed out they are NOT. Now if someone was to mount a flashing red and blue leds on the front or rear of their motorcycle those would be prohibited as there is special section which covers the various colors and combinations which are permitted to be used on certain classes of vehicles.

IE:
red/blue on police vehicles, (this is actually covered in a few regulations, (HTA for roads, ORVA, for ATV's etc etc)
red/white EMS vehicles
green flashing Volunteer firefighter, (while responding to or on scene of an emergency
blue flashing snow removal
there are also others.

So in conclusion, I did indeed post the relevant sections. I did educate those who took the time to read the post. I know of what I speak having been a copper, one of my duties was traffic enforcement and as such I LEARNED how to read the HTA. Feel free to educate me, on your qualifications.

Class dismissed...lol

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.. Terrible drivers in Whitby.

Not that I wish to perpetuate what seems to be an argument... but why does it say "No Person" .. How is a Motorcycle not a Motor Vehicle?? Regardless of that fact, section 14 does not use the phrase "Motor vehicle" nor does it refer to one. It says a person.

Obviously it is up to the police officer's on interpretation, as well as their (hopeful) application of common sense, and as this is a safety feature I have a hard time imagining a cop would bust someone on this... But I am still going to fight my side of this, simply by asking if the word "Motorcycle" isn't used in the specific paragraph someone is reading, ANYWHERE in the HTA, are you to assume that it does not apply to you?? Take this quote as an example... does this mean that Motorcycles do not get scrutinized against for speeding?? Not trying to fight, seriously trying to get an understanding of this crap.

[h=3]Rate of speed[/h]128. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle at a rate of speed greater than,
(a) 50 kilometres per hour on a highway within a local municipality or within a built-up area;
(b) despite clause (a), 80 kilometres per hour on a highway, not within a built-up area, that is within a local municipality that had the status of a township on December 31, 2002 and, but for the enactment of the Municipal Act, 2001, would have had the status of a township on January 1, 2003, if the municipality is prescribed by regulation;

actually I just read the first section... it has this:
“motor vehicle” includes an automobile, a motorcycle, a motor-assisted bicycle unless otherwise indicated in this Act, and any other vehicle propelled or driven otherwise than by muscular power, but does not include a street car or other motor vehicle running only upon rails, a power-assisted bicycle, a motorized snow vehicle, a traction engine, a farm tractor, a self-propelled implement of husbandry or a road-building machine; (“véhicule automobile”)

Hahaha... I think the self propelled implement of husbandry are your girlfriend's parents :)

shotgun_wedding.jpg

Weird, ride through Whitby almost every day, I've yet to encounter these three bad drivers. I must be doing something wrong.

I think the point is all it takes is one bad driver to turn your day to total s$%t!
Car manufacturers need to start looking into blocking out cell phone texting somehow when ignition is on.

Weird, ride through Whitby almost every day, I've yet to encounter these three bad drivers. I must be doing something wrong.

Thats why I was wondering where the OP normally drives. It seems like as soon as your west of Lakeridge rd. people immideiatly become more aggressive and impolite. Then once you pass Whites rd people loose 30% of their driving ability. Get out past Port Union....well just don't drive that far west.

Hey, I live in whites road :(

I read on the internet that maybe weaving slightly (moving headlight) as approaching intersection will draw attention of opposing drives. I keep forgetting to try that.

Another method sure to get attention is frantically waving both arms back and forth over your head.

But do riders ever do that? Noooooo.... that would mean letting go of the throttle. Seems like they'd rather risk getting hit than do that.

Hey, I live in whites road :(
I heard you need driving lessons anyways :D

I was out to gp and back today. They're all bad south of King road and east of hurontario

I can't count the amount of retards sitting in the passing lane holding up traffic at 105 kmh.

Another method sure to get attention is frantically waving both arms back and forth over your head.

But do riders ever do that? Noooooo.... that would mean letting go of the throttle. Seems like they'd rather risk getting hit than do that.

Why frantically? Just wave like the queen you are.

Thats why I was wondering where the OP normally drives. It seems like as soon as your west of Lakeridge rd. people immideiatly become more aggressive and impolite. Then once you pass Whites rd people loose 30% of their driving ability. Get out past Port Union....well just don't drive that far west.

I used to live in Toronto, right now I'm boarder line Ajax/Whitby. I usually find more problems out east in whitby. My first accident on my bike with another car was in whitby last year, it was a hit and run. Lady ran off in Whitby Shores.

In general, cars are our enemies when we are on bikes, everywhere.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom