Owning a supersport in condo/underground parking apartment | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Owning a supersport in condo/underground parking apartment

STOMP... STOMP... STOMP...

"Please put down the motorcycle... You have 20 seconds to comply..."

See this guy gets it! Just make sure it is the newer versions...the ones from the 80s had a few...issues. Also make sure stairs aren't a part of your parking structure...just in case.

Burp... :error:

Last edited:
See this guy gets it! Just make sure it is the newer versions...the ones from the 80s had a few...issues. Also make sure stairs aren't a part of your parking structure...just in case.

Like this...

[URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/grandpa_bambu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150902_131655_zpsbd3rohy8.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/grandpa_bambu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150902_132010_zpszeo8vir3.jpg.html][/URL]

(Ed senior had a firmware flash... he's okay now. :thumbright:)

Last edited:
Of the stolen SS bikes from condo parking, all of them were in fact both in a condo parking garage, AND stolen. I don't like those odds.

See if you can find a spot in the underground that will allow this. It is generally a spot in a corner.
It requires you to find a spot in the underground which is large enough to park the bike and your car in the same spot.
The bike goes against the wall and your car blocks it in.
You will have the potential for theft when you are using your car, but most thefts take place at night when your car will be blocking the bike.
The other possibility is to chain the bike to a support beam in the garage.
Get a high quality steel chain (the kind it will take thieves about an hour to saw through) and a lock worth more than $100.
Use a canvas or plastic sleeve for the chain where it contacts the bike.
I have used both methods over the years.

Last edited:
The bike goes against the wall and your car blocks it in.

False sense of security, four of these and you can push that car out of the way without any effort:

2znvcs3.jpg

Underground parking staff use them the all the time when you park in a restricted/reserved spot.

I wouldn't bother with a supersport unless you want to deal with the hassle of chains/lock/alarm/gps/bike cover and a property manager that says, "No you can't park there because I said so". Storage offsite is another hassle not worth it unless you want to drive a few km's every time you want to ride.

Either move to a house or get a 700 lb cruiser/sport tourer.

Nothing fun about waking up to a stolen motorcycle, losing $$ on theft deductible, and getting a low ball replacement $$ from insurance.

Anyone here own a supersport and live in a condo or apartment building with a underground garage? What security measures do you take to protect your bike? I am very hesitant on upgrading to a super sport as I feel like the possibility of it getting stolen might be high.

Dude, are bikes stolen from condos more often than homes? Yes. Do you want to move to a house just to reduce the risk? No, that's stupid. Should you refrain from getting a bike because it might get stolen? No fæcking way.

Minimize the risk, purchase good insurance and get a goddamn effective deterrent:

Google ALMAX or PRAGMASIS PROTECTOR chains and watch some videos of them. Very heavy and really hard to cut chains; a perfect deterrent for those who love what's not theirs.

If you get one of these, please don't make the stupid mistake of going to Canadian Tire to get a "heavy duty" padlock, I'll send the thieves myself for being an idiot; google ABLOY PL362 padlock and you'll see what a fæcking indestructible padlock is: http://youtu.be/NmZh59JNwI4Chinese video but these padlocks are made in the USA.

Close to $550 investment but if you love your bike like I do mine, it's worth it. And chain your bike to a goddamn pillar!!

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Dude, are bikes stolen from condos more often than homes? Yes. Do you want to move to a house just to reduce the risk? No, that's stupid. Should you refrain from getting a bike because it might get stolen? No fæcking way.

Minimize the risk, purchase good insurance and get a goddamn effective deterrent:

Google ALMAX or PRAGMASIS PROTECTOR chains and watch some videos of them. Very heavy and really hard to cut chains; a perfect deterrent for those who love what's not theirs.

If you get one of these, please don't make the stupid mistake of going to Canadian Tire to get a "heavy duty" padlock, I'll send the thieves myself for being an idiot; google ABLOY PL362 padlock and you'll see what a fæcking indestructible padlock is: http://youtu.be/NmZh59JNwI4Chinese video but these padlocks are made in the USA.

Close to $550 investment but if you love your bike like I do mine, it's worth it. And chain your bike to a goddamn pillar!!

You're welcome.
Well written. That had me on the edge of my seat. I may look at condos now. Thank you lol :D

Supersport, condo, underground garage? The trifecta of doom? I'm sure somebody somewhere is still living that dream.

"Trifecta of doom"...man, that's depressing.

Like this...
(Ed senior had a firmware flash... he's okay now. :thumbright:)

LOL.

Of the stolen SS bikes from condo parking, all of them were in fact both in a condo parking garage, AND stolen. I don't like those odds.

I don't understand that sentence at all.

If I was to get a bike, I'd get the below lock, a chain to a nearby pillar and a cover.
header_griplock.jpg
[

A lock on the throttle when they just pick the whole bike up and stuff it in a van isn't going to help much.

I don't understand that sentence at all.

Of all the SS stolen from condo parking what they all had in common was that they were stolen from a condo parking garage. All of them. 100% Seems pretty clear to me. Odds are your SS will not be there if it's stolen from condo parking. As an SS owner (using condo parking) those are not good odds. I think that's what it means.

Do you have access to a friend's house or something?

I'm actually moving out soon and will be taking my SS off insurance but will be riding track next year; it's staying at my folk's place and hogging half the garage along with all of my equipment.

油井緋色;2343356 said:
Do you have access to a friend's house or something?

I'm actually moving out soon and will be taking my SS off insurance but will be riding track next year; it's staying at my folk's place and hogging half the garage along with all of my equipment.

Some places also allow you to insure Fire and Theft only on your bike if you have a car policy with them.

Of all the SS stolen from condo parking what they all had in common was that they were stolen from a condo parking garage. All of them. 100% Seems pretty clear to me. Odds are your SS will not be there if it's stolen from condo parking. As an SS owner (using condo parking) those are not good odds. I think that's what it means.

Of all ss stolen from condo parking...of course they'll be stolen from the parking garage... Where else... Your washroom? I dun get that sentence.

Of all ss stolen from condo parking...of course they'll be stolen from the parking garage... Where else... Your washroom? I dun get that sentence.

Oh, I forgot to mention the other common denominator is that they were all SS. You'll also note is some condo parking lots people will urinate in the corner.

Back
Top Bottom