Out of province | GTAMotorcycle.com

Out of province

blunty_j

Hey,
Just moved here from Montreal and don't have an Ontario address.. Does anyone know what the process is to get my liscence here even if my address is still in Quebec ? I'm here for a while for work ...

thanks

Are you not planning to register an Ontario address? Are you planning to buy/bring your motorcycle to Ontario and have it insured here?

Are you not planning to register an Ontario address? Are you planning to buy/bring your motorcycle to Ontario and have it insured here?
I'm here for military reasons so not sure about switching adresses unless needed and I would get liscence reg and insurance here

I'm here for military reasons so not sure about switching adresses unless needed and I would get liscence reg and insurance here
Interesting question. Seems like something military would have easy information on as they move so many people around. When my wife moved back to ON from a different province after school it was an easy switch to get ontario license. She used an ontario address for the license. I'm not sure what you mean about switching addresses. She relinquished her out of province license and got an ontario license with an ontario address. If she moved to another province, she would get a new license with a new address.

Well,

To answer your question, you can walk into a any Drive Test centre or the Service Ontario (ONLY the SO location at Bay and College) to exchange your Quebec license for an Ontario one.

Specifically notes CAF members in above article. Thank you for your service, by the way.

As for insurance, with an Ontario license you should qualify for insurance..regardless of what your address is due to your status as active military..but I'm guessing here. Might be worth asking at the Drive Test/Service Ontario.

Thanks alot for the help , really looking forward to getting a bike and ride the beautiful Ontario roads 👌🏻
Beautiful, but boring. :)

Welcome!

When doing the paperwork ALWAYS remember to check that they applied all endorsements BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

If you notice later it's a PITA and in some cases you have to start over with a M-1

Thanks alot for the help , really looking forward to getting a bike and ride the beautiful Ontario roads 👌🏻
Muskoka and the Highlands seem to be the best areas for riding and scenery.

Try the Rideau Lakes area if you are in the Kingston area.
A lot less cars than Muskoka!
Can send you routes in .gps or .kml

Back
Top Bottom