Ordering parts from UK | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ordering parts from UK

Wondering if anyone here has ordered parts from the UK? Specifically wondering if there is import duty or taxes. Thanks in advance

I've ordered bicycle parts - its a crap shoot whether or not Canada Customs much cares.
Be prepared for a wait too - I've had stuff in as little as 4 days or as long as 2.5 weeks.
It seems to be a Canada Post thing...

I do sometimes . Yes there are taxes and duties except when you use Royal Mail I think. I find DHL and FedEx are good for lower fees as well. Avoid UPS though if you can as they have the highest fees.

Agreed. When ordering, specify Royal Mail and not UPS or DHL. You're less likely to be hit with brokerage fees, duties and taxes as a result, because Royal Mail gets received and forwarded by Canada Post. The aforementioned independent shipping companies tend to be more diligent in screwing you.

I've ordered motorcycle parts several times from GB and continental Europe and never incurred duties and taxes. I guess just luck.

Talks to the vendor and ask if they can label the part as warrenty and then there will not be taxes or duties.

Ok, thats good to know. I am also looking at parts from Italy, I would assume it would be a simlar situation coming from there too. Thanks for the input everyone.

Im waiting on a part from the UK as we speak. Hopefully it'll be here soon and ill update the exact costs for you. I purchased some slip-ons from Italy on ebay two seasons ago. No duties. They were sitting on my porch one afternoon. I can't recall how that worked.

There will be taxes and duties for everything bought outside of Canada
Incorrect, Royal Mail, Deutsche Post, etc will generally arrive without duty. I've ordered a few things (parts, gloves, etc) and all have arrived with zero taxes/duty. Only time I've been charged is when part got shipped DHL. If you don't mind a little slower delivery ask for regular mail.

There is always a chance that you'll be charged but it's unlikely if shipped regular mail.

I paid $65 tax/duty/brokerage from DHL for an approx $450 bike part in April

I've ordered multiple times from Carpimoto in Italy. Excellent service. They ship DHL and shipping is fast (~4 days). Upon delivery
DHL charges GST + processing fee (~$14).

Just received my kickstart lever today from RGM Norton. Cost me 20pounds to ship via Royal Mail from the UK and came to my door with $0 owed. Took about a week and a half, i ordered the part two Fridays ago.

Just received my kickstart lever today from RGM Norton. Cost me 20pounds to ship via Royal Mail from the UK and came to my door with $0 owed. Took about a week and a half, i ordered the part two Fridays ago.

that's reasonable I guess, I m planning on ordering too. this is very helpful information.

I recently purchased a skid plate from an eBay seller in Thailand. No duties or fees of any kind. Canada post just showed up one day.lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom