Operation Noisemaker | GTAMotorcycle.com

Operation Noisemaker

There was a idoit last night along Queen St E, just blipping the trottle every sec and barely moving. (not at HD either)
Him and few of his clones showed up in Dover on Friday.

I really have no issue with this type of enforcement

I live in Mississauga in the Winston Churchill / Burnhamthorpe area and the riding season nightly gathering at the Timmies at Dundas and the 403 has sport bikes racing around late into the night. Based on hearing a bike screaming through 3 - 4 gears I'm pretty certain (like 99.99%) that most are tearing up the 403 at well over seizure speed.

I hear them at night as well..by Islington /401.
My problem is whether cops are enforcing during the day or night...I find day riders not as aggressive generally speaking but then you have cops targeting the wrong group of people while the night riders get away with it....no?

One of the issues with stopping a rider at night, is I always found they were MUCH more likely to run as soon as you light them up. At night the dangers associated with a chase are very high, compared to daytime when you can see further ahead and surrounding intersections etc.

I live in Mississauga in the Winston Churchill / Burnhamthorpe area and the riding season nightly gathering at the Timmies at Dundas and the 403 has sport bikes racing around late into the night. Based on hearing a bike screaming through 3 - 4 gears I'm pretty certain (like 99.99%) that most are tearing up the 403 at well over seizure speed.
I live exactly 2000m north of the 407, I can hear the whine of sportbikes heading to deadline. The sound isn't overwhelming -- but hearing an RR sportbike hit redline then shift into 6th lets me know they are flying.

My office is 37 seconds from there (in the industrial park just north) - when I ride in, if I stop for coffee, I park well away from the 'group' that takes over the parking lot...

I was (unfortunately) in woodbridge on Saturday. On rutherford near VM, in the span of five minutes there was an inattentive Ram that crashed into stopped traffic and destroyed three vehicles and about 20 cars with minimal or no mufflers in a douche parade pinging off the limiters.

In Brampton, for years, there have been riders doing a circuit at 10K+ rpm between midnight and something like 3:00am. Great for sleeping.

Who would do circuits around Brampton? Maybe I'm missing something (I don't spend a lot of time there), but are there even decent on/off-ramps for squidly purposes?

Maybe they should include it in their tourism video (the slogan for which hilariously ends with, Get Out, Stay Out and includes extensive drone footage of the Bramalea City Centre):

(Not sure why links are busted using mobile Chrome)

I was (unfortunately) in woodbridge on Saturday. On rutherford near VM, in the span of five minutes there was an inattentive Ram that crashed into stopped traffic and destroyed three vehicles and about 20 cars with minimal or no mufflers in a douche parade pinging off the limiters.

As a guy who lives in Niagara, and takes the QEW regularly; the number of rice rockets (mostly Honda's with J-spec stickers plastered all over them, BMW's that must eat a set of tires a week they've got the camber so cranked, and the occasional Mazda or Subaru) - that I see blasting up the highway, pinging off the rev-limiter and downshifting HARD is unbelievable... Get a pack of a 5-6 of those, throw a handful of squids splitting lanes or just generally ******* around... Saturday afternoons can be a show, I'll say that much!

Who would do circuits around Brampton? Maybe I'm missing something (I don't spend a lot of time there), but are there even decent on/off-ramps for squidly purposes?

Maybe they should include it in their tourism video (the slogan for which hilariously ends with, Get Out, Stay Out and includes extensive drone footage of the Bramalea City Centre):

(Not sure why links are busted using mobile Chrome)
As far as I can tell, all that they're doing is blasting down the major straight roads. Sure, there are the ramps on 410, but that's not the sort of sound I'm hearing.

As far as I can tell, all that they're doing is blasting down the major straight roads. Sure, there are the ramps on 410, but that's not the sort of sound I'm hearing.
Part of me wishes we could resort to the old days with the chain across the road. Throw out a temporary speed hump some nights. Should be no issues at all for people travelling close to the speed limit.

The population density of Toronto is about 12,000 people per square mile and the sound footprint of a rubber tired noise maker doing a 10 mile rip is 10 to 20 square miles. That could be as high as 250,000 annoyed people per biker.

Don't expect any pro-biker attitude with regards to legislation, insurance etc.

Part of me wishes we could resort to the old days with the chain across the road. Throw out a temporary speed hump some nights. Should be no issues at all for people travelling close to the speed limit.
Tell that to the muffler/cat shroud that I had to replace, a couple of months back.

Back
Top Bottom