Old Nipissing Ride - Saturday, May 16th | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old Nipissing Ride - Saturday, May 16th

Chasem, if you didn't get your throttle lock thing, or if any of you that are local to me need one, I have one you can borrow if you want to pick it up and also the crampbuster. Safe riding guys.

Chasem, if you didn't get your throttle lock thing, or if any of you that are local to me need one, I have one you can borrow if you want to pick it up and also the crampbuster. Safe riding guys.

heheh didn't get it... I should be okay.. thanks though! Since the tire change I'm getting some annoying vibration at 110KM+ though. I think the rear tire might be out of balance *sigh*

Still have my mirrors falling down & return spring on rear brake snapped. My patience is growing thin on this KTM ;)

For some reason my fiancee hates the 690... I shouldn't have muttered about the return spring snapping. She lost it. Hopefully no more KTM incidents... otherwise I will be in the doghouse.

On another note.. Anybody up for a Whatsapp group? in case somebody is trailing behind or something.

Last edited:
Question... do you guys want to attempt part of the Seguin Trail, which is part of the Park to Park trail system?
From what I've read, it is a very easy rail trail considered beginner level, and we could run the portion from Orrville to Seguin Falls where it crosses the Nipissing Road and that is where we can leave the trail.

What do you guys think? Worth checking out?

I'll add the start of the trail near Orrville as a waypoint to the route and we can at least scope it out when we get up there.

The weather forecast for that area (at least right now) is saying Saturday will be a high of 14 degrees and cloudy... which is perfect for riding and exploring as we won't overheat.

A couple of us rode the Seguin Trail after last years RFS and some of the water crossings were deep. I was on my DRZ400 and a few crossings were up to the bottom of the gas tank.

Got more slime :rolleyes:

It's raining today, I hope it won't be muddy tomorrow when we get there. My awesome all street tires might not handle going through 3 inches of mud. But we will see...

Well i'm excited I got my throttle lock...

I'm not really sure if I will be going though. My hernia has been really acting up the last couple of days, and 700KM round-trip on the 690 might be pushing it way too much *sigh*

Will see what the morning brings. If it's a green light I would be leaving Oakville at 6:30AM, should hit the starting location by 8AM.

f0rVRqb.jpg

Used a "Go Cruise" throttle lock when I did the SS1000 mile last summer, mine was the all plastic model.
Wonderful device, highly recommend for long stretches on the slab.

I have a kaoko, took a bit to get used to.
I'll be at the Innisfil Beach Rd meet by 7:30, wanna grab a coffee and a bite.
Looking forward to it, see you guys in the morning. :)

Chase, you are far too young to use health ailments as an excuse.

Jeremy, don't forget to put your kickstand in the down position when you stop.

I'll bring the CAA card.

Kickstand. Check. And double-check.

Chase, you are far too young to use health ailments as an excuse.

Jeremy, don't forget to put your kickstand in the down position when you stop.

I'll bring the CAA card.

I know I know... :crybaby:

Just bought a treadmill and having surgery soon. I was wrecked after the last adventure, and that was 1/4 of this one. Soon I will be adventure spec and won't have an excuse.

Have fun guys, ride safe.

Wow! What an awesome day! That route was so fun, we might have to do it again for Chase :)
I can't believe nobody fell, even with the water crossings lol. Great mapping Mike, I didn't realize we were going to make it all the way to Powassan by trail.
I wonder what all the atvs thought of the street bikes. :D
What's next?
Il3dsm, post up some video if you get a chance, some of those water crossings should be good footage.

Yeah, a great ride with no tired bikes (no dirt naps) and only a couple wet feet.

4538e39c4f54c50f4ac99dadac6afa1e.jpg

e57a70027cb13db940267a802e948cab.jpg

Great day indeed! Can't believe I'm still able to move after 800km on a DRZ! Those breaks definitely helped. The only sore part is my neck, and that's because I have no windshield + heavy helmet.

Chase, to address your mileage concern, I didn't run out of gas once all the way until we were all going back on the highway. Then I unexpectedly ran out after just 115km.

Great trip, especially the tighter parts of the road. I'll look though the footage I've captured and see if there's anything good there.

P.s thanks everyone for stopping just to fuel up my drz.

Last edited:
Awesome ride thank for mapping it mike and everyone involved in organizing

sent from a device using a program

Best ride this year for me. Thanks for leading (again) Mike. My socks were soaked when I got home, btw.

How'd it go with the tires? Did you wind up getting them?

Back
Top Bottom