'Novelty' plates | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Novelty' plates

Many years ago while in highschool
There was a guy that used blue electrical tape and fishing line to modify his plate in order to steal gas.
He had a very common car, he would use the tape to alter the letters and numbers and affix the fishing line to the tape.
He would always make sure to use the farthest pump, drive in steal 5-10 bucks of gas and leave them pull the fishing line to remove the tape.
Did it for months, but eventually got cocky and got caught. This was before any decent security cameras and when 5 bucks of gas gave you almost 10 liters... Lol

Since Amazon is selling these, how about cloning and using their plates on the 407. See how they like it.

Huh, just had a thought. If your plate is peeling due to manufacturing quality, damaged, lost, or stolen, you are told you must replace it.
$59 for legal plate or $37.67 for a clone.
Wonder if that would fly?

Huh, just had a thought. If your plate is peeling due to manufacturing quality, damaged, lost, or stolen, you are told you must replace it.
And no standing in line at Service Ontario !

And take a chance at getting caught for $21? Really?

IDK. I know someone who was attached to their motorcycle plate number but the plate had wear. They went through the trouble of matching the reflective white & blue paints and re-painted it. That was technically illegal as well

If it's for a car, if you ordered a plate in Doug Ford colours I bet there's basically no way for a cop to even tell the difference lol

Um, yeah I think I mite. I tow a small trailer with my bike. The big *** trailer plate looked ridiculous. Photo copied the trailer plate down to a 'bike' size, laminated it and have been using that instead for the last 10 years. Never had any trouble in any of Canada's provinces or the US. I do have the original plate in the trailer just in case.
Drive nice, 5-O don't bother you.

Improper number plate is a $110 charge and they'll remove and seize your photocopy. Better make sure you've got that original with you when you need it some day as eventually some cop will decide it's not cool.

Blue lights is not an issue. Firstly they MUST be flashing, AND combined with flashing RED lights to the front. Snow removal vehicles use a combination of either just blue flashing or blue and yellow.

Under the HTA besides flashing blue/red combo is flashing GREEN. That is reserved for volunteer fire fighters.

When I had my 2010 Can Am ATV I installed on purpose flashing ared/blue LEDs to the front. I was a trail patrol at the time.

One day while riding a trail out by Mamora I came across 2 OPP doing trail checks. I activated my lights as I pulled up.

Obviously, the younger officer took exception..lol. He advised those are illegal. Being a smart ass I asked him how so officer? He said they are NOT permitted under the HTA. I said ye0 you're 100% correct. However, I am operating in n an off road trail which falls under the ORVA, (Off Road Vehicle Act). Not the HTA.

I said if you ever see some operating on a a roadway covered by the HTA feel free to write me a ticket...lol. He asked how do you know that loophole exists? I advised I was a cop LONG before he was born.

Four months later the liberals who were in office then amended the ORVA as well as the HTA to read red/blue flashing lights were ONLY permitted to be mounted on police ATV's... LMAO

Blue lights is not an issue. Firstly they MUST be flashing, AND combined with flashing RED lights to the front. Snow removal vehicles use a combination of either just blue flashing or blue and yellow.

Under the HTA besides flashing blue/red combo is flashing GREEN. That is reserved for volunteer fire fighters.

When I had my 2010 Can Am ATV I installed on purpose flashing ared/blue LEDs to the front. I was a trail patrol at the time.

One day while riding a trail out by Mamora I came across 2 OPP doing trail checks. I activated my lights as I pulled up.

Obviously, the younger officer took exception..lol. He advised those are illegal. Being a smart ass I asked him how so officer? He said they are NOT permitted under the HTA. I said ye0 you're 100% correct. However, I am operating in n an off road trail which falls under the ORVA, (Off Road Vehicle Act). Not the HTA.

I said if you ever see some operating on a a roadway covered by the HTA feel free to write me a ticket...lol. He asked how do you know that loophole exists? I advised I was a cop LONG before he was born.

Four months later the liberals who were in office then amended the ORVA as well as the HTA to read red/blue flashing lights were ONLY permitted to be mounted on police ATV's... LMAO
welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom