North out of North Bay | GTAMotorcycle.com

North out of North Bay

Jet On Rails

I am planning a moto trip, to ride north out from North Bay - The Lake Temiskaming Loop. Have any of you ridden in the area before? Any pointers on roads to ride, points of interest etc.
Here is my route so far -

I did the Sault St Marie, Tessalon, Chapeau, Wawa, back to Sault St Marie loop last year. Looking for something similar with this Lake Temiskaming Loop, good mix of twisties and scenery.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I think I've done all of that except B to C. Mattawa road is fun, hopefully you don't get stuck behind someone, not an easy road to pass on. Quebec side is an ok ride, keep your eyes open for police, lots of tickets given there and not that many vehicles to keep waze apprised of the situation (most cops are roving anyway).

I think I've done all of that except B to C. Mattawa road is fun, hopefully you don't get stuck behind someone, not an easy road to pass on. Quebec side is an ok ride, keep your eyes open for police, lots of tickets given there and not that many vehicles to keep waze apprised of the situation (most cops are roving anyway).
How's the scenery along the way.

How's the scenery along the way.
Mattawa road I was driving the conditions not the limit so I don't remember the scenery.

101 is mostly in the forest with some views out over the lakes. Laniel has a park by the dam and convenience store across the street (O Persay) if you want a snack. Grande Chute is nearby which is a pretty impressive stretch of rapids but I've never tried to visit by road vehicle so I can't comment on access. Beautiful rapids at the river outlet too with a country retreat to die for but I don't think you can get close to those without going on private property. Gas is cheaper in North Bay than Temiscaming or Ville-Marie.

GrandeChuteLaniel_1.JPG

Your Ontario route I did late one night for work so I don't have too many comments. I remember boredom (but I was in an SUV at night in the winter so not exactly a spirited pace).

Lake Temiskaming is a nice area (y) . I liked stopping in there. Mattawa has this big wooden statue, and some nice looking rail bridges.

Thanks for the information everyone.

I am wondering if I should start from Sudbury instead, go up 144 then 560 across, then 11 down then 64, 539 and 17 back to Sudbury. Twistier then my route out of North Bay, but also longer. Less gas stations on the out of Sudbury route though.

Out of Sudbury - 580 km
Out of North Bay - 515 km.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 7
560 is a great road with very little traffic. The 11 going north from north bay is a pretty boring road with lots of traffic, I'd avoid it and use the 101 in quebec instead.

I'd do something like:
144 north to 560
560 east to 65
65 southeast to quebec 101
101 south to temiskaming
63 south to north bay (maybe incorporate the 533 too)

Back
Top Bottom