Ninja 300 OTD? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 OTD?

For the km's, I think $2500 is a reasonable price for the bike. Especially if it hasn't been dropped at all (if you care about cosmetics).

Some very piss poor decisions here.

Why would you take a loan on something that will not appreciate? Loans are for things like houses, education, and businesses because there is a chance to make more than the interest gain. If you don't have the cash to buy a toy, don't get the toy until you can afford it.

Dealerships will almost always be more expensive than private sale, and they are also famous for tacking on fees to the purchase after the fact - watch out for mystery "dealer prep" or other exorbitant fees for paperwork procedures you'd otherwise do yourself in about 10-20 minutes at a Service Ontario outlet.

If if they're offering some sort of warranty on it that does add some value and is worth keeping in mind as a benefit vs a private sale, but that's not always guaranteed and the premium you're paying is usually significant for the privledge.

油井緋色;2395530 said:

Why would you take a loan on something that will not appreciate? Loans are for things like houses, education, and businesses because there is a chance to make more than the interest gain. If you don't have the cash to buy a toy, don't get the toy until you can afford it.

I believe your point of view has been beaten to death already and he pretty much has taken good advice to heart.

I believe your point of view has been beaten to death already and he pretty much has taken good advice to heart.

I didn't read the whole thing lol

I just put the deposit on the bike. I did not finance it. They will hold the bike for me until i get my M2 and pay off the remaining balance. The bike cost me 2499+tax (2823 OTD)

After looking at a lot of listings. The price on this bike blows out a lot of ads on Kijiji. Considering this bike has no mileage on it.

2012 Ninja 250 2700KM ($2823 OTD)

Last edited:
I just put the deposit on the bike. I did not finance it. They will hold the bike for me until i get my M2 and pay off the remaining balance. The bike cost me 2499+tax (2823 OTD)

After looking at a lot of listings. The price on this bike blows out a lot of ads on Kijiji. Considering this bike has no mileage on it.

2012 Ninja 250 2700KM ($2823 OTD)

Thats good! I couldnt see the ad, maybe it was taken down, but that sounds like a great price. If you end up wanting to upgrade next year, list it for $3200, youll probably get 2800-3000 for it. instead of a 2k loss. Much more responsible decision for a first bike.
And you'll have alot of fun with it in the meantime.

By the way, I don't know what your relationship with the seller is, but if youve put a deposit down on the bike, if I were you I would get a trailer and take the bike home as soon as you can.
Maybe thats just me, but I don't trust anyone to hold on to a bike I've put money down on for any longer than they have to.

油井緋色;2395530 said:

How many people have 10-15,000 lying around to buy a motorcycle? Not many, financing is not all that bad for a streetbike. Now guys who buy bikes and head to the track with loans on them....thats silly.

油井緋色;2395543 said:
I didn't read the whole thing lol
Yeah. I've basically been saying that since post #1. He didn't get approved anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

@DjSamphard this is the one from the dealer? Did you happen to get a warranty?
And congratulations on the new bike! I think you made a wise decision, Grasshopper.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thats good! I couldnt see the ad, maybe it was taken down, but that sounds like a great price. If you end up wanting to upgrade next year, list it for $3200, youll probably get 2800-3000 for it. instead of a 2k loss. Much more responsible decision for a first bike.
And you'll have alot of fun with it in the meantime.

By the way, I don't know what your relationship with the seller is, but if youve put a deposit down on the bike, if I were you I would get a trailer and take the bike home as soon as you can.
Maybe thats just me, but I don't trust anyone to hold on to a bike I've put money down on for any longer than they have to.

The bike is located at snow city in their storage. As soon as I pay off the bike I will get rent a uhaul and pick it up or if I have my m2 by then just drive it back.

How many people have 10-15,000 lying around to buy a motorcycle? Not many, financing is not all that bad for a streetbike. Now guys who buy bikes and head to the track with loans on them....thats silly.

I did.

It's not that hard. Figure out what you want to buy, divide the price in months by when you want it, put a physical amount of cash somewhere every month until it amounts to it. Go buy the thing.

Or go get a loan and pay a lot more in the long run.

Black...with some small yellow stripes. Bike comes with 30 day warranty but I think I have the a option of buying extended warranty. Not sure if I want to get the extended warranty. What do you guys think? Extended warranty is usualy a scam when it comes to cars not sure about bikes... especially a used one at that. Will post pics when I get home.

油井緋色;2395585 said:
I did.

It's not that hard. Figure out what you want to buy, divide the price in months by when you want it, put a physical amount of cash somewhere every month until it amounts to it. Go buy the thing.

Or go get a loan and pay a lot more in the long run.

Unless you get an open ended loan....which most bikes are. I financed my R3. I put $500 down and traded in my 650 (which they gave me $2500 for) and financed the rest...

Knowing that I have a summer bonus that I can just throw down on it, come June.

Financing isnt always a bad thing,.

Black...with some small yellow stripes. Bike comes with 30 day warranty but I think I have the a option of buying extended warranty. Not sure if I want to get the extended warranty. What do you guys think? Extended warranty is usualy a scam when it comes to cars not sure about bikes... especially a used one at that. Will post pics when I get home.
First, congrats on the bike. I like the black/yellow, it looks great. Do not bother with the extended warranty, you're not likely to need it and if you do, you usually find that "that parts not covered". Lol. The ninja 250 is pretty near bulletproof, change the oil and do your maintenance.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Nice congrats! When I went there my buddy sat on that grom behind the Ninja, then a guy came in and scolded us for sitting on a "sold" bike, then hunted around for a red sold tag for a few minutes. Hilarious to see it's still there.

Back
Top Bottom