New Riders...Start with a smaller bike! | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Riders...Start with a smaller bike!

lol

A CBR125 will feel like a bicycle the moment you sit on it.

Short gears, high revs, turns almost like a bicycle. It's fun, but why stop at that. Try the Grom - it's a blast!

Would not recommend if you weigh 250lbs+, suspension may give.
The suspension does give....the only reason that I could touch the ground on one lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

油井緋色;2526492 said:
I'll make a new satire topic in the future urging new riders to start on 600 and 1000s.

Waiting for it. Until then I urge new riders (and drivers) to master their throttle and and brakes

Waiting for it. Until then I urge new riders (and drivers) to master their throttle and and brakes

What is this thing you call throttle and brakes? Is the only mode, called "Go fast and then faster to impress everybody"

I'm gonna post something that I may have already earlier in this thread....and I am pretty sure will be unpopular.
But reading through the threads, and whether or not I agree with his opinions, @Genesis does not seem like the typical young gun. He doesn't respond with insults, and seems to be quite articulate. I liken that to a bit of maturity. Now I hope that I am not wrong and he does not become a statistic, but maybe he is one of the few that indeed can start on a 600.
But in the end, I only have some years and not many kms under my belt, and find my 48ish horses more than enough for me.
Just my two cents.
Carry on.

I knew that word would end up being used and referenced again after I used it. xD

It was a result of me trying to find a synonym of the term "maxing out" as Genesis used it in his statement in relation to "outgrowing" a bike.

I think we've cleared that part up that his use of the words "Maxing out" refers to top speed, while for myself, the term "Maxing out" a bike would refer to a bike not offering enough for the rider to perform well.

None of us will ever master our throttle and brakes, there's always room for improvement. ;)

Genesis does not seem like he would be the typical reckless SS rider we often see flying/weaving through traffic - at least, I hope not.

Tires were no good. Take it from an expert. I can tell.

That turn didn't look all that fast. I use Q3+ so maybe that's why.

Sent from my SM-G955W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I entered that turn around 40-45km/h in ~4 degree weather in wet roads where my rear slipped on the painted pedestrian line, and hit the ground at an indicated 30-35km/h.

That being said, yes, my tires were crap (stock IRC Tires), but have experienced a bit of slipping with my Pilot Road 3 Radials in similar conditions.

Last edited:
I'm gonna post something that I may have already earlier in this thread....and I am pretty sure will be unpopular.
But reading through the threads, and whether or not I agree with his opinions, @Genesis does not seem like the typical young gun. He doesn't respond with insults, and seems to be quite articulate. I liken that to a bit of maturity. Now I hope that I am not wrong and he does not become a statistic, but maybe he is one of the few that indeed can start on a 600.
But in the end, I only have some years and not many kms under my belt, and find my 48ish horses more than enough for me.
Just my two cents.
Carry on.

Appreciate the lighting of a candle in a dark room.

I knew that word would end up being used and referenced again after I used it. xD

It was a result of me trying to find a synonym of the term "maxing out" as Genesis used it in his statement in relation to "outgrowing" a bike.

I think we've cleared that part up that his use of the words "Maxing out" refers to top speed, while for myself, the term "Maxing out" a bike would refer to a bike not offering enough for the rider to perform well.

None of us will ever master our throttle and brakes, there's always room for improvement. ;)

Genesis does not seem like he would be the typical reckless SS rider we often see flying/weaving through traffic - at least, I hope not.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I entered that turn around 40-45km/h in ~4 degree weather in wet roads where my rear slipped on the painted pedestrian line, and hit the ground at an indicated 30-35km/h.

That being said, yes, my tires were crap (stock IRC Tires), but have experienced a bit of slipping with my Pilot Road 3 Radials in similar conditions.
Yeah I was kidding about the expert comment. I'm not sure how you ended up on the ground but at least you're alright.

I was guessing it might be tires though because I do usually take turns similar to that in wet weather.

I'm sure there's a number of factors to consider.

Thread is full of win..well done

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Thread is full of win..well done

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

It's what keeps GTAM interesting.

Far better than the oil and waving threads.

Guess what I started on would be frowned upon but I started on a 1600cc Harley. 740lbs. No problems but if I had done that when I was 20 years old I'm sure I would have gotten myself into serious trouble. More mature and not an *** on the road like I was when I was in my youth.

Last edited:
It's what keeps GTAM interesting.

Far better than the oil and waving threads.
If you start on a 600SS do you wave at other riders? And do new riders on a 600SS even have to change oil?

My advice to new riders is start on a dual purpose bike. If you overshoot a corner you might be able to bounce over a curb and stay upright. You might make it thru a shallow ditch. Plus you can ride on gravel and get used to the bike moving under you. No expensive plastic to repair.

and they are fun to ride.

1600cc 740lbs Harley won't get you into the same trouble a 600 SS can. Plus the cost of a decker, puts you into a different category. Generally not a kid starting out that can get a 600 SS for a few grand.

Guess what I started on would be frowned upon but I started on a 1600cc Harley. 740lbs. No problems but if I had done that when I was 20 years old I'm sure I would have gotten myself into serious trouble. More mature and not an *** on the road like I was when I was in my youth.

So did I on a similar bike. Will be completing my first full year this coming Aug. I could not imagine doing this any other way. Or at least with a smaller/beginner bike then upgrading to another. Over 16,000 k so far having a blast!

1600cc 740lbs Harley won't get you into the same trouble a 600 SS can. Plus the cost of a decker, puts you into a different category. Generally not a kid starting out that can get a 600 SS for a few grand.

Oh of coarse. That goes without saying. Plus a very low center of gravity makes a cruiser any size IMHO ideal as a first bike. (Depending on bank account). An individuals state of mind is also critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom