New R1 for 2015 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New R1 for 2015

10676176_10152830853830833_4196373497329518748_n.jpg

That's nowhere near the ugliest stock exhaust and I think it goes fine with the bike. It looks a heck of a lot better than those dumb headlights.
I never said ugliest stock exhaust. It just looks like ass. Fully agree with you on the lights.

f1fb78a535978935f123f7b05becfa7d.jpg

^^that's just frickin awful.

They could have gone with standard headlights like the previous gens but IMO that would have taken away from the M1 inspired design. I think it looks great.

I think what we are witnessing here is a start of an era...soon headlights flush with front nose fairings will be a thing of the past...all sports bikes will adapt to this new styling...250s will look more like moto3 bikes, litre bikes like motogp bikes etc....

give it 5 years...2014 R1 will start to look dated compared to this one as it starts to grow on us.

went to snow city today...they still have the '14 R1s for $13K ++....

...Thought maybe prices would tumble a bit now that the new model's out
Think that's bad, check out this one I snapped at ready yamaha in mississauga the other day.

b857b6122b7e35b14e12cb041e1cb2e7.jpg

Think that's bad, check out this one I snapped at ready yamaha in mississauga the other day.

b857b6122b7e35b14e12cb041e1cb2e7.jpg

thts ok, a 2014 suzuki with asking price of 13K, new condi...

WAIT ITS A 2012????!

Wow they must sell a lot of bikes. Now I know why my friend said don't bother ever going in there.

Note that most of the info on that price tag is about financing. It's like Cycleworld, stupid prices, but they rarely sell a bike for cash.
I agree, but I believe the cash price is $13,175.43 + tax + licensing

The financing price would be a mind boggling $296.48 over 60 months with $1000 down. = $ 17,788.80 + tax + licensing.

Didn't another dealer sell gsxr600 ' s for $8999 a couple of seasons ago (previous years stock)? Or am I dreaming again?

wtf? tht bike has not been sold yet? I remember saying this was a good deal on the ' reasonably used bike prices' thread

Yep thats a fine looking exhaust.. nicely designed imo. In fact, a standard aftermarket pipe would look like crap on that bike.
The exhaust itself looks nice. IMO it's just the heatshields that don't look visually appealing to me.

wtf? tht bike has not been sold yet? I remember saying this was a good deal on the ' reasonably used bike prices' thread

When I went out to look a bikes last year every guy said "You're the first guy to come and see it". It's a buyer's market for motorcycles like you would not believe. Insurance is just killing the industry.

When I went out to look a bikes last year every guy said "You're the first guy to come and see it". It's a buyer's market for motorcycles like you would not believe. Insurance is just killing the industry.
Yup. I might be putting new bike plans on hold after the quotes I just got. The dealers must be hurting.

if someone would be kind enough to allow me to test this fine piece of art at the big mosport track , I would be happy to rite a nice review afterword's.....all kidding aside I like it and would ride it in a heartbeat. I would have no use for it on the street.... but track yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa!

if someone would be kind enough to allow me to test this fine piece of art at the big mosport track , I would be happy to rite a nice review afterword's.....!

hahaha!

Because the industry is killing its customers.
That's the problem when the industry's only marketing tool is horsepower and speed, and they refuse to change after 30 years of doing this. So now, we're at 200hp and what's next? 210hp.
Not a sustaining business model when bikes are no longer sold because they are fun.

Back
Top Bottom