New helmet, full of tech | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New helmet, full of tech

Do not be surprised of people who buy it. They have researched the market. If one affords paying 32K for an 1199R or 55K for a Superlegera,... then the price of their gear should match the price of their bike in my opinion.

it would have to i have really good integration with either the Garmin or TOMTOM MC gps's (or both) for this to be worth it for me. Looks like its more geared for direct cell phone integration.

Do not be surprised of people who buy it. They have researched the market. If one affords paying 32K for an 1199R or 55K for a Superlegera,... then the price of their gear should match the price of their bike in my opinion.

sure if they want a VERY VERY niche market with extremely low volumes then they are in the right price point. How many people ride $32K + bikes??? Not nearly the same number that ride bikes $20K or under.

This helmet really isn't even tested, (in the real world), yet. They say in their promos that beta testers were to get their helmets "in Aug 2014" so how many have much to report in 10 days? Plus you pay your money now and see you helmet in May 2015... If they were confident in their product the production lines would be running full tilt with shipments starting mid Aug. I guess on the flip side it is good that they are waiting for beta testers to report. But this helemt was "announced" in 2013. 2 years to market is a LONG time they aren't inventing the helmet

This is a kickstarter company, and many of those dissolve after 6 months of initial sales.
I doubt they have researched anything. I cannot believe theoverpriced crap on kickstarter that gets funded, and most of it s not new or innovative.
Too expensive. Too complex. If you really need all this info while riding, give up and buy a Hyundai.

Rear view mirrors will work forever without software upgrades, as will the Reevu.

I signed up a few months back to be a tester for on of those Skully helmets.. Still waiting for my phone lol I know I know it will never happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I did too, we didn't get it, the trial is close and pre sells open up today.

Prices are ridiculous

$1,299 Speed Demon
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $200
Our first 25 riders get 1 SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet at an unbeatable price.
SOLD OUTEst. delivery: May 2015 | 0 available

$1,399 Rebel Early Adopter
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $100
One SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet at a limited introductory launch price.
PRE-ORDER NOWEst. delivery: May 2015

$1,599 International
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]INTERNATIONAL
Includes international shipping. If you live outside of the United States, reserve your SKULLY AR-1 here.

$1,999 Signature Edition
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]HAND-NUMBERED & SIGNED
Get 1 Signature Edition SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet, hand-numbered and signed by CEO Marcus Weller.
PRE-ORDER NOWEst. delivery: May 2015 | 46 available

$2,649 Passenger 2-Pack Deal
[h=2]2x SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $349
Get two SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmets for a $349 discount.

$25,000 Limited Prototype Set
[h=2]AR-1 + Prototype[/h]SET OF TWO
Collect one rare SKULLY Prototype helmet in Feb 2015, and get one SKULLY AR-1 in May 2015.
PRE-ORDER NOWEst. delivery: Feb & May 2015 | 4 available

I did too, we didn't get it, the trial is close and pre sells open up today.

Prices are ridiculous

$1,299 Speed Demon
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $200
Our first 25 riders get 1 SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet at an unbeatable price.
SOLD OUTEst. delivery: May 2015 | 0 available

$1,399 Rebel Early Adopter
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $100
One SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet at a limited introductory launch price.

$1,599 International
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]INTERNATIONAL
Includes international shipping. If you live outside of the United States, reserve your SKULLY AR-1 here.

$1,999 Signature Edition
[h=2]SKULLY AR-1[/h]HAND-NUMBERED & SIGNED
Get 1 Signature Edition SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmet, hand-numbered and signed by CEO Marcus Weller.

$2,649 Passenger 2-Pack Deal
[h=2]2x SKULLY AR-1[/h]SAVE $349
Get two SKULLY AR-1 Motorcycle helmets for a $349 discount.

$25,000 Limited Prototype Set
[h=2]AR-1 + Prototype[/h]SET OF TWO
Collect one rare SKULLY Prototype helmet in Feb 2015, and get one SKULLY AR-1 in May 2015.
PRE-ORDER NOWEst. delivery: Feb & May 2015 | 4 available

Yeah those prices are crazy and did you happen to see how many they have sold already... Holy **** Batman people are buying these up like crazy already...

I will wait for the price drop in like I will never be able to afford one... lol

HAND-NUMBERED & SIGNED

Wow, Marcus Weller is the Karl Farbman of Motorcycle helmets.

1458412d1397619401-tudor-thy-name-pelagos-farbman.jpeg

Similar to Google Glass, those prices are for those who are willing to be early adopters.

Once their production ramps up, I'd expect the price to drop.

I imagine it'd still be pricey but more like $700-800 pricey (which is only a $200 premium over some Arais)

I WANT the $25,000 set of course only ONE is special the second one is the run of the mill one..lmao anyone want to contribute??? I wonder if they take monopoly money??? Not sure why you have to wait until Feb 2015 to get your "prototype" model wouldn't it already be made and theoretically could be shipped NOW... But hey I'll plunk down $25,000 NOW and hope they are still around come Feb..

Those who can't afford one just wait till Jun of next year they will be in FINAL blowout mode at $299 an then Chinese knockoffs will be $199.00 lol

Last edited:
Reevu also does it without electronics, and under $400.

casque-reevu-1.jpg

Reevu is junk. The reflection is fuzzy and the helmet is way too heavy. And it's not designed for SS riders. Once you are in the riding position that back "mirror" is useless - all you get to see is the sky behind you.

I WANT the $25,000 set of course only ONE is special the second one is the run of the mill one..lmao anyone want to contribute??? I wonder if they take monopoly money???

Those who can't afford one just wait till Jun of next year they will be in FINAL blowout mode at $299 an then Chinese knockoffs will be $199.00 lol
I assume the final price will be around 800 to 900. They will do well, and even at that price, there are a lot of people in the world with disposable cash, They have had many people test it from CEO's of tech companies to artists and they all had fairly good testimonials

I would get one if I didn't prefer to spend my money on tires and race fees and expenses

By the way:
[FONT=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]Special Referral Deal:
[FONT=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]When you refer 5 friends[FONT=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif] to pre-order the SKULLY AR-1, you will get yours for [/FONT]free[FONT=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]!
Here’s how.

1. Pre-order your SKULLY AR-1.
2. At the end of checkout, get your unique referral link via Indiegogo’s share tools and begin spreading the word.
3. At the end of the campaign, if 5 of your referrals have pre-ordered the SKULLY AR-1, we will give you a refund and send you your SKULLY AR-1 for free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reevu is junk. The reflection is fuzzy and the helmet is way too heavy. And it's not designed for SS riders. Once you are in the riding position that back "mirror" is useless - all you get to see is the sky behind you.

The mirror can be adjusted, that's why the back panel is so large.

The mirror can be adjusted, that's why the back panel is so large.

Yes, it can be. But the range of adjustment is very limited. Unless you are up on a cruiser type - it's a useless POS.

Neat idea, but not enough information in the HUD for me to fork over $1500. My mirrors are great and a Sena system is around $200.

Back
Top Bottom