New buyer, information needed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New buyer, information needed

Your last comment sets of a bunch of red flags for me.
Have you actually seen/touched this bike?
No, not yet.
The deal is the bike would get deliver to me for checkup and test drive, check paper work and if I'm satisfied then to pay and sign up the paper. So my money is safe in my pocket so far ... it just feels a bit akward for me so far based on what I wrote.

There's a mechanic close to my place but he charges 150$ for check up ...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

A cursory look of 2008/2009 ninja 250s are around 3k on average. So if some guy is willing sell you a bike with low km for half the going rate and willing to deliver it to you, then certain alarms should go off. If you still want to believe, then tell the guy to drop off the bike at the mechanic shop (public with other people around) you mentioned. Basically don't meet at some private place, if he still comes through and everything checks out then pay for it and enjoy the bike.

Op try this one.

Please view this ad:

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/hamilton/2007-kawasaki-ninja-250/1168830355

Price: $*1,800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki Ninja 250,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/oakville-halton-region/kawasaki-ninja-250/1167846739

Price: $*1,600

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki ninja ,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/markham-york-region/kawasaki-ninja/1167672905

Price: $*1,800

Please view this ad:

Motorcycle,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/hamilton/motorcycle/1166916610

Price: $*1,500

Any one of those would be a great starter bike, and less bs. The ad you're dealing with sounds too much like a scam.
Do you have a link to the ad? Or contact info for the poster?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Thanks truly appreciated. I'll find the ad and will let you know. Only contact info I have is his email.

And that's the answer I got when I asked him for more information about the bike (reason of sale, more info, can I test drive it, etc):

"Hello,

I got ur reply to my 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and i confirm that the bike is still for sale for $1700.

The bike is a 2008 year model with only 4800 km,250 cc displacement.
This bike looks and runs like new! It's in mint condition,Original owner , never dropped.The bike is very comfortable to drive fully certified. New tires on it well maintained, Safety and E-tested.

I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left the bike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike.
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Ontario who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.

Im very happy that u find interest in my bike and i assure u that the bike is in very great shape,nothing wrong with it at all.

So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $1700 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.

So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:

Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................

I'll be waiting to hear from u asap.

Regards"

I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left the bike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike.
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Ontario who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.

So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $1700 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.

So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:

I'm pretty sure I read a very similar paragraph used in past vehicle scams. Honestly, sounds fishy.

I doubt a real truck driver would wait several hours for you to test drive, check to see with the ministry if the papers are legit and for your mechanic to scan the bike for any issues. Truck drivers are paid to drive.

Last edited:
sounds fishey and too good to be true.

Usually the buyer goes and check it out, the seller never bring it to you unless you've paid for the bike.

@clyder PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP COMMUNICATION WITH THIS SCAMMER! If you input that email into Google it will give you pages of scams. Stop right now. Block his email. And reply back to me with @JoeBass so I know that you got this.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Yeah I know, I'm concerned about my security more than anything. Dont wanna crash cause it was unreliable from the get go. Free delivery is nice and no payment until I test drive it and satisfied sounds good ... and it seems like a good deal to me compare to some bike out there around the same price range. Not sure how scams works in the biking world (if seller would expect full payment, then that would be an absolute no-no).

Will keep make some research for other bikes option. I found a bike mechanic close to my place who's willing to look at it. I'll make a new deal with seller, if he agrees on dropping the bike for inspection at the mechanic and mechanic approve than I'm down with it. If not or if he get shaky in anyway, I'll cancel the whole deal.

sounds fishey and too good to be true.

Usually the buyer goes and check it out, the seller never bring it to you unless you've paid for the bike.
That was my first thought too ... free delivery like that?? Nahh!!! Too good to be true

"i went abroad for archaeological research" Oh man....these guys.

Sounds like a scam, but what to do from here? He blocks the guys email then some other poor guy will fall for it and pay. Can you get the law involved somehow if it is for sure a scam?

Lol... ok, got it; let me cancel the whole thing ...unbelievable, even in the biking world; can't believe I almost fall for this thing

Too many people fall for stuff like this and so much money are lost. I wish there could be a way; if there is I don't know it

Clyde, just buy a local bike you can see touch and feel. Talk to the owner in person etc. Do not buy an internet scam! Lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Kijiji has a scam page. It lists commonly used scams. YRP tries to follow up, but there is only so much they can do (not sure about other police forces). Best thing is what happened here; you came to the gtam community for help, and once you posted that email, I along with others, can tell you with 100% certainty that it is a scam. We have to just be vigilant and keep looking out for each other.
Check those links that @Iceman posted (and if there are any near Barrie, I'm sure you could convince him to check one out with you ?)

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Your last comment sets of a bunch of red flags for me.
Have you actually seen/touched this bike?

Lucky you. I only saw one white flag.

That email has scam written all over it.

I would never buy a vehicle from anyone who wasn't willing to give me their personal home address to come and look at it. All the "it will be delivered to you" assurances is a huge red flag coupled with the too good to believe price, and the next request will be that you pay for it before delivery - common tactic and the entire point behind the scam since then they have your money and the delivery guy never shows up.

Report the related Kijiji ad for fraud while you're at it. It'll kill some of the scammers time reposting it at least, and then report it again.

Back
Top Bottom