Need moral, ethical, legal and logistical advises asap. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need moral, ethical, legal and logistical advises asap.

I tied up two tires, and used a 3ft section of 2x4 to secure to the rear seat. Suzuki S40.

You could tie a rope or strap to two points on the tires and sling them over your back.

Around your waist may raise the ire of the crossfit crowd:

ropes and wear like a backpack?

I've done it with an 18-inch tire, was looser than I thought it'd be but it was fine.

Prepare to wave to all the little kids pointing at you.

Wait, you carry 2 tires??

Yes I have, but then I ride even slower because I have to keep my elbows a little higher up. I suppose with a forward leaning bike it might be more difficult, but my bike is so upright it's no issue.

I usually I only do it with one tire, because the rear's wear out so much faster than the fronts. I dislike taking used tires this way if I have nothing to wipe the grease/dirt from the tire bead, but that's why my gear is black anyways.

Try it out and see how you like it.

I've done it with an 18-inch tire, was looser than I thought it'd be but it was fine.

Prepare to wave to all the little kids pointing at you.

1) I tried a 19" this morning with tons of room to spare, the 17 I'm eyeing should fit no problem.

2) A really cute young Asian girl waved and hooted at me this morning because, well I'm not sure. I was on my bicycle.

No room to strap to the rear seat? I have more then a few times strapped 2 motorcycle tires to my rear seat to bring back when getting new tires on my bike. I usually keep the old tires as they are not fully dead and have them just in case.

Yes I have, but then I ride even slower because I have to keep my elbows a little higher up. I suppose with a forward leaning bike it might be more difficult, but my bike is so upright it's no issue.

I usually I only do it with one tire, because the rear's wear out so much faster than the fronts. I dislike taking used tires this way if I have nothing to wipe the grease/dirt from the tire bead, but that's why my gear is black anyways.

Try it out and see how you like it.

I will, and just bear in mind, no news is bad news.

No room to strap to the rear seat? I have more then a few times strapped 2 motorcycle tires to my rear seat to bring back when getting new tires on my bike. I usually keep the old tires as they are not fully dead and have them just in case.

Single seat with big ol' Wolfman tail pack, no room for tire. I just threw away a bunch of not fully dead tires. Who was I kidding?

I've done it before, no issue. Get a hell of a lot of funny looks though.

Good point.

Ouch. That's a word shiv and you know it. I can still admire the skill though.

In some cases, if you have a top box, remove the top box, drape the tire over the top box mount, then replace the top box. Depends highly on the bike/luggage setup. Nearly got away with it on the Burg but the 15"/14" tires are just a bit too small to force.

Personally I'd only do it if I could mount it to my back like Captain America does his shield, but that's just me. :p lol

Realistically though, I'd just put the bike on stands at home, and take the rubber and old tires & rims in the car. Cheaper that way too.

So, how did it work out? Do we have to roll into the hospital for a visit?

Smoooth, very smooth. Almost feel a little sheepish asking for all the advises because it went so smoooth. File this in the knowledge vault. I can see myself in the rocking chair on the veranda circa 2035.....oh ya, we used to carry tires around our waist all the time........

Smoooth, very smooth. Almost feel a little sheepish asking for all the advises because it went so smoooth. File this in the knowledge vault. I can see myself in the rocking chair on the veranda circa 2035.....oh ya, we used to carry tires around our waist all the time........
Up hill, against the wind, in a snowstorm with a temp of 40 degrees . . .

I'm not a fan of needless hyperbole but may make a rare exception. This tire story is to good not to embellish. I'm going to scribble some notes while it's still fresh.

I must assume you mean Fahrenheit, but Canada currently uses the Metric system. More evidence of time travel?!? Does Canada revert to the imperial system in 2035 after the United Kingdom de-patriates our constitution with stiff upper lips?

Congrats - I knew you could do it.

The first rule of engineering is "the right tool for the job".
In this case the right tool for this job was a car.
I'm glad you completed the task on the motorcycle and lived to tell the tale.
But damn, talk about a risk

Back
Top Bottom