need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

Hear hear,

don't buy used, buy new. get your self a Moto G6. incredible phone for the money. (yes, I have one in addition to my BlackBerry which I dearly love and can't give up)

read the reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=mot.....69i57j0l5.6663j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

the G7 is on the way, so they are blowing out G6's. Costco sells them too.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...sion-w-seller-provided-warranty/12554358.aspx
That looks like a great deal
I still hear people raving about the G5
Don't care about mobile pay or nfc so this looks good.
And great price right now.
Will read review later
Thanks!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

That looks like a great deal
I still hear people raving about the G5
Don't care about mobile pay or nfc so this looks good.
And great price right now.
Will read review later
Thanks!

Quick story, I was on vacay and busted my Sammy S7 edge (another great phone), in a jam to grab a cheap replacement phone, I picked up a Moto G6, seriously impressed, all it lacks is the Sammys fantastic OLED screen and wireless charging, but at this price point, I can overlook this. Still quick, fantastic battery life, minimal bloatware, large screen, decent processor, and I like the USB-C for fast charging. highly recommend.

#TBT

6f512863cf3737a6c54a044a6b7d28f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of switching to Chatr.
Paying $45 to Rogers for 500mb
For same price I can get 6gb with Chatr.
Heard the US coverage when travelling is spotty. Meh, I don't travel much.
It is a BYOD plan so......
My LGG4 is on it's last leg.

If I want a new phone sub $300 what is good?
Used phone I wanna stay below $200

Must haves:
Android
Good call quality
A vibration alert that actually vibrates like my old BB used to
SD card capable
Minimal bloatware (or someone to root a used phone for me...if I understand what root means lol)

There might be more, I'll add if I figure them out.

And any tips on buying a used phone?
Things to look out for?

Thanks

Koodo has a promotion right now.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-50-6-gb-waive-35-admin-fee-2264543/

$50/mth 6GB plan
Unlimited talk and text. Nation wide coverage.

Plan price is guaranteed for 24 months. No contracts. Bring your own phone. Cancel anytime.

Paying $45 to Rogers for 500mb
It is a BYOD plan so......

Wow ... $45 for 500mb BYOD? You're getting ripped off.

Also with Robbers, paying $40 for 4GB, unlimited everything else + roam like home. BYOD. Did take 6 attempts and a lot of haggling to get it, but totally worth it.

Wow ... $45 for 500mb BYOD? You're getting ripped off.

Also with Robbers, paying $40 for 4GB, unlimited everything else + roam like home. BYOD. Did take 6 attempts and a lot of haggling to get it, but totally worth it.
Sorry if I wasn't clear:
$45 includes a "free" phone.
Trying to get the $40 byod plan as well. They offered it to me on my son's pay as u go plan, but wasn't ready to give up his plan yet.

Sorry if I wasn't clear:
$45 includes a "free" phone.
Trying to get the $40 byod plan as well. They offered it to me on my son's pay as u go plan, but wasn't ready to give up his plan yet.

Ah ok ... Makes more sense. Be persistent till you get it lol, it's the RFD motto.

Hear hear,

don't buy used, buy new. get your self a Moto G6. incredible phone for the money. (yes, I have one in addition to my BlackBerry which I dearly love and can't give up)

read the reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=mot.....69i57j0l5.6663j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

the G7 is on the way, so they are blowing out G6's. Costco sells them too.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...sion-w-seller-provided-warranty/12554358.aspx

Isn't Lenovo bad with publishing updates for the Moto phones?

Currently have S9+ (great phone), looking to go one variant of the S10 in a month or 2.

Robbers Corporate plan: $57 tax in - unlimited long distance/local/text & data. :cool:

Tbh I haven't even seen a Nokia phone since they stopped making WinPhones.
Never had any issues with my Nokia 625 WinPhone. As a matter of fact, I still use that for it's fm radio capability and for web stuff while my LG is charging.
Will add this to the list.

These are all right in the sweet spot for price too.

Currently have S9+ (great phone), looking to go one variant of the S10 in a month or 2.

Robbers Corporate plan: $57 tax in - unlimited long distance/local/text & data. :cool:
Sell me the S9 for next to nothing?? Lol
Bloatware though.....

Sell me the S9 for next to nothing?? Lol
Bloatware though.....

Need to fund my Grom upgrades :(

Don't tell my fiancee, apparently i need to be saving for a wedding or something.

Need to fund my Grom upgrades :(

Don't tell my fiancee, apparently i need to be saving for a wedding or something.
Congrats on the future wedding!

Off topic: Are you getting a replacement for the fz or keeping the grom?

Condolences on the future wedding...

Trying to decide if I should keep my $100/year cell plan.....
Yes.
Not sure what it consists of but... $100

Congrats on the future wedding!

Off topic: Are you getting a replacement for the fz or keeping the grom?

Yes, there will eventually be a replacement. Keeping the grom too! It's only $45/month for insurance lol.

Yes, there will eventually be a replacement. Keeping the grom too! It's only $45/month for insurance lol.

Off topic but who are you with for grom Insurance? Last I inquired, TD Meloche Monnex doesn't do grom, so I kinda stopped looking around.

Last edited:
Off topic but who are you with for grom Insurance? Last I inquired, TD Meloche Monnex doesn't do grom, so I kinda stopped looking around.
TD doesn't do grom but they do SSs? Lol that's odd

I would suggest an insurer like intact or Desjardins would have good rates for grom standalone policies

Back
Top Bottom