My Highway CRASH video!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Highway CRASH video!!

The rider was entirely at fault, 100%. I hope he apologized to the van driver on bended knee.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

I know the area you're talking about well, but it doesn't match up with your diagram. You have a three lane exit for 427 south, then shortly after you have another exit for Carlingview. For some reason, whenever I go by there a few drivers always seem drunk, or sleeping at the wheel, or at the very least they're feeling very insecure. In general, in that area, people drive too fast in the left lane and that contrasts starkly with these slow goofs in the right lane. Every time, every day that is a treacherous piece of road. The exit for 410 follows.

Firstly let me commend you for your bravery in negotiating such a dangerous stretch of highway every day. I think you know what you did wrong, and I think the experienced among us see what you did wrong. I believe 70mph is too fast for that area. 50-55mph is the max for me there and I pick up speed a little past the 427 overpass. Had you been a little more alert you might have avoided it altogether. Had you been going slower AND been alert it would have been a non-event. You're only human and you ARE going to zone out again. And again. And again. Going slower allows me a greater margin of error negotiating the 410 south every morning - yet another treacherous road. I've had some close calls though with lane encroachment just like yours. Get well soon. Glad you're still with us.
I do appreciate you taking the time to put together such a well thought out analytical response with some very valid points. I agree with yours, and almost everyone else's assertion of the event, with the exception of bravo, who is either a troll, incredibly sarcastic. Or just a jackass... I view the video everyday and I feel I now know better than I even did before how critical my momentary laps in situational awareness and peripheral observations were in not looking back at him, shaking my first and moving on with my day. As I said. I'm a very experienced rider, a responsible and safe rider with not tickets, zero t fault accidents and a 3 star rider rating . I posted this video to demonstrate the importance of never taking your ride for granted.... Now matter how experienced you might be. I for one will ha is specific incident imprinted in my brain forever. Adjustments will be made accordingly.

I do appreciate you taking the time to put together such a well thought out analytical response with some very valid points. I agree with yours, and almost everyone else's assertion of the event, with the exception of bravo, who is either a troll, incredibly sarcastic. Or just a jackass... I view the video everyday and I feel I now know better than I even did before how critical my momentary laps in situational awareness and peripheral observations were in not looking back at him, shaking my first and moving on with my day. As I said. I'm a very experienced rider, a responsible and safe rider with not tickets, zero t fault accidents and a 3 star rider rating . I posted this video to demonstrate the importance of never taking your ride for granted.... Now matter how experienced you might be. I for one will ha is specific incident imprinted in my brain forever. Adjustments will be made accordingly.

Welcome to the interwebs ;)

As for your get off, most of us have had atleast one; learn from it a carry on :cool:

Wow! I thought your camera flew off and was rolling down the highway but it was on you the whole time. Hard to watch, glad you're ok! It seems like even at the end of May drivers aren't looking for us on the roads yet. It's reasons like this I just invested in a GoPro! Hope you heal up quick, and regardless of some of the comments I think the van was entirely at fault. Blind spot, blind spot, blind spot, a lot of drivers don't bother to check it!

Again glad you're ok and get well soon! Ride safe dude.

Wowza, that was a long slide. One mark of a good rider is to recognize what you can improve rather than blaming everyone else. Get back on two wheels soon.

Back
Top Bottom