Mv Augusta GTA? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv Augusta GTA?

Any one know why they didn't come to the Toronto show?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
No GTA dealer to supply bikes or personnel for a booth. Still it's sad state of affairs when MV Agusta Canada are supposed to be building a dealer network yet they don't see a need to promote the brand in key market cities. Heck, Tim wasn't even wearing any MV branding. I at least had on my European Motorsports MV "T" shirt (another dealer now gone) and MV Agusta coat that the wife had custom made for me.

No GTA dealer to supply bikes or personnel for a booth. Still it's sad state of affairs when MV Agusta Canada are supposed to be building a dealer network yet they don't see a need to promote the brand in key market cities. Heck, Tim wasn't even wearing any MV branding. I at least had on my European Motorsports MV "T" shirt (another dealer now gone) and MV Agusta coat that the wife had custom made for me.
I saw sturgess there though

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back on topic, I own a MV Agusta F3 675. My bike and I became the de facto “guinea pigs” being the first F3 delivered back in July 2012. I had a very rough time with my bike but I did not give up on it or my dealer, Motorsports World in Ottawa. I was forced to buy from them after Ride Cycles (who had my deposit for 7 months) got screwed around on their first shipment (no red/silver). Royal Dysfunctioning refused to give me a VIN (needed for insurance) or a delivery date or an explanation why.

I suggest anyone interested in a 3 cylinder MV read all the related threads on mvagusta.net
Yes, there is a lot of reading and some very biased opinions both pro and con.

Bottom line, 2016’s should be far better bikes than the earlier models. Thanks to all my problems authorized Canadian MV dealers now have access to Bruce Myers, MV Agusta USA’s top technician. So, no more dealers contacting Tim, Tim relaying info to Italy, then Italy replying and Tim relaying it to the dealer many days later. Also, parts not in dealer inventory should be no more than 3 – 5 days away.

Mmmmmhhhhh.... Food for thought.

Thanks to all my problems authorized Canadian MV dealers now have access to Bruce Myers, MV Agusta USA’s top technician. So, no more dealers contacting Tim, Tim relaying info to Italy, then Italy replying and Tim relaying it to the dealer many days later. Also, parts not in dealer inventory should be no more than 3 – 5 days away.

Interesting...where would we be without you, Huge thanks. Still unsure why Royal is mentioned in your post. I purchased all my MV's through them and recieved much better dealings then the current local dealers. Not to mention they are a site sponsor.

As for no MV's at the bike show, not sure why Sturgess didnt bring one. After seeing some dude jump up on the pedestal to sit on the RSV4 RF, which was obviously up there for a reason...its obvious why the more exotic bikes are better kept away from these shows. Mark it up and no one will want to purchase it unless the dealer gives it away.

Back on topic, I own a MV Agusta F3 675. My bike and I became the de facto “guinea pigs” being the first F3 delivered back in July 2012. I had a very rough time with my bike but I did not give up on it or my dealer, Motorsports World in Ottawa. I was forced to buy from them after Ride Cycles (who had my deposit for 7 months) got screwed around on their first shipment (no red/silver). Royal Dysfunctioning refused to give me a VIN (needed for insurance) or a delivery date or an explanation why.

I suggest anyone interested in a 3 cylinder MV read all the related threads on mvagusta.net

Bottom line, 2016’s should be far better bikes than the earlier models. Thanks to all my problems authorized Canadian MV dealers now have access to Bruce Myers, MV Agusta USA’s top technician. So, no more dealers contacting Tim, Tim relaying info to Italy, then Italy replying and Tim relaying it to the dealer many days later. Also, parts not in dealer inventory should be no more than 3 – 5 days away.
Bruce is located in the USA.How is this any help for Canadians?

SUwpKbn.png

Whats not to like? Definatly a thrill to ride.

Don't get me wrong, the bike is absolutely gorgeous and the power/weight ratio must make it quite fun to ride. I'm just getting as much information to make the right choice for my next bike.

Interesting...where would we be without you, Huge thanks.

Putting your sarcasm aside, if I had not pushed as hard as I did to get my bike’s problems corrected MV Agusta owners would likely still be doing the Dealer to Tim to Italy back to Tim back to the Dealer shuffle. Some may think I’m exaggerating but it took five weeks (during prime riding weather) of this back and forth to get a fix to just one error code my bike threw.

Still unsure why Royal is mentioned in your post. I purchased all my MV's through them and recieved much better dealings then the current local dealers. Not to mention they are a site sponsor.

I was anticipating people wanting to know why I drove 3 1/2 hours to Ottawa to buy an F3 instead of 1 1/2 hours to Whitby. Being a website sponsor is good business. It does not mean they’re above making mistakes or that they should be treated like gods. You, like myself and most others here will support businesses that treat us well and deliver good value for our hard earned dollars. You have had great experiences with this site sponsor where I have not.

As for no MV's at the bike show, not sure why Sturgess didnt bring one. < snip >.

You would have to ask Sturgess about that as it left me scratching my head.

I do believe the dealers use him as a go to guy cause he is knowledgable.

Yes, techs get answers in real time from someone who knows what he is talking about instead of a translation of what might be a guess from who knows who in Italy.

What information are you looking for, I do own one.

Mostly, reliability. It might be as comfortable, as exhilarating, as exotic, as beautiful as it can be; but if I'm gonna have it parked 5 weeks straight due to an issue that has to go through someone in the usa/italy/dealership to get fixed, well, I might have second thoughts.

I already found the one I want, it's such a piece of art, but I'm on the fence on these MV issues haunting these pretty bikes. Gorgeous bikes. Sexy bikes. Damn it I want one!!

Last edited:
Mostly, reliability. It might be as comfortable, as exhilarating, as exotic, as beautiful as it can be; but if I'm gonna have it parked 5 weeks straight due to an issue that has to go through someone in the usa/italy/dealership to get fixed, well, I might have second thoughts.

I already found the one I want, it's such a piece of art, but I'm on the fence on these MV issues haunting these pretty bikes. Gorgeous bikes. Sexy bikes. Damn it I want one!!
You do know the MV Agusta company official moto is "motorcycle art" right? Hence all the mechanical **** ups. Italian equals form over function. Japanese equals function over form. The only Italian motorcycle company that's got it right at the moment is Aprilia. Wait until Mercedes is firmly in this company and MV Agusta will be unstoppable.

Last edited:

can you inform us as to where in the united states is mr. myers located and his site or phone number, please ?

can you inform us as to where in the united states is mr. myers located and his site or phone number, please ?

I would be really surprised if you got any personal contact info.Bruce built a Ducati that i owned for years under the BCM name.He keeps his privacy very tight.Might get hold of him thru Robbie Nigl at https://www.fishtailridingschool.com/
Uncle Brucie on left.
FT%209-14-15%20NHMS%20SD-103_thumb_zps2ahwbnia.jpg

Last edited:
You do know the MV Agusta company official moto is "motorcycle art" right? Hence all the mechanical **** ups. Italian equals form over function. Japanese equals function over form. The only Italian motorcycle company that's got it right at the moment is Aprilia. Wait until Mercedes is firmly in this company and MV Agusta will be unstoppable.

Because Mercedes is known for stellar quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been informed that AMG and MV Agusta are working on a redesign of the F4 and F3 models. Of course there was no details discussed, but that the engine is going to be more German influenced.
going to be very interesting, hope they don't do another BMW and take the " soul " out of it.
Guess it's wait and see....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom