Muslim Issue - Why this cramming? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muslim Issue - Why this cramming?

Of those groups, only one comes with a religion which has an actual political ideology baked in. That's my only real concern here.

Agreed so how does one separate church from state when the religious laws go against our equality laws? I don't think JT has an answer.

JT's answer is to expand the "rights" of the gender fluid instead...

That's not the topic of this discussion but since you brought it up... The only action being taken in this regard is to ensure they aren't discriminated against. What exactly is your problem with transgender people and how does it impact you? Did you have an embarrassing encounter?

That's not the topic of this discussion but since you brought it up... The only action being taken in this regard is to ensure they aren't discriminated against. What exactly is your problem with transgender people and how does it impact you? Did you have an embarrassing encounter?

First off, it's all in the similar realm of pandering to certain groups. The big issue with gender fluidity, is that it's nothing but made up nonsense based on a small but loud group of peoples "feelings" that JT wants to entrench into law. And as we've seen in the US of A, they don't just want to be not discriminated against, they want to punish anybody who doesn't do as they say.

As to JT's pandering to Islam, as it's been noted here already, why does this particular religion need to be explicitly specified? In doing so that is deliberately discriminating against other religions. But of course that's what the left does. And when they do, they yell, scream and riot claiming others are the bigots, racists, and intolerant ones.

First off, it's all in the similar realm of pandering to certain groups. The big issue with gender fluidity, is that it's nothing but made up nonsense based on a small but loud group of peoples "feelings" that JT wants to entrench into law. And as we've seen in the US of A, they don't just want to be not discriminated against, they want to punish anybody who doesn't do as they say.

As to JT's pandering to Islam, as it's been noted here already, why does this particular religion need to be explicitly specified? In doing so that is deliberately discriminating against other religions. But of course that's what the left does. And when they do, they yell, scream and riot claiming others are the bigots, racists, and intolerant ones.

That's like your opinion, man. Just because it's something you haven't experienced and can't relate to, doesn't make it any less real to those who have and do.

That's like your opinion, man. Just because it's something you haven't experienced and can't relate to, doesn't make it any less real to those who have and do.

So you're saying that gender is in scientific fact a social construct, and that there are, or could be more genders than there were humans that have ever lived?

Maybe these super sensitive people who have multiple personality, I mean gender, disorders should seek medical help rather than demand special laws be enacted forcing everyone, including Professors of universities to use whatever pronoun they have dreamed up they are at that moment in time.

And while it's true my bakery didn't go out of business and I wasn't fined $130K for not baking a cake for a gay marriage, I can certainly empathize with them and can easily see how real it was to them and how it would be difficult to deal with.

I can only imagine how this is going to play out with Islam.

stick to thread topic
thanks

JT doesn't need to create any more stupid Human Rights Laws. Our laws already state freedom from discrimination based on religion (and gender) and they are more than strong enough to be used to harass people, especially those without substantial legal resources, who apparently hurt the feelings, or draw pictures of, the people of a certain religion.

Problem with all of this is not protecting some groups. The problem is that in the process of trying to protect a tiny part of our nation, you are taking away the rights of a much larger group of Canadians and taking away their freedom of speech and thought.

I personally have zero problems with transgender people. I have a friend who is transgender (yes i get the cliche but this is true) and i call her by her choice of pronoun which is 'she'. So this is not personal for me and does not conflict with my personal views. But the implications are far more grave,

My issue is whether or not i have the right to think for myself and decide if i agree with something or not. Whether i am allowed to hold the belief that there are only two biological genders or not.

This is what Prof. Jordan Peterson argues. This is not about liking or disliking transgenders or Muslims or...

This is about protecting our constitutional right to free speech which is the foundation of modern and secular societies and not change this very important pillar which allows for questioning and skepticism in order to protect the feelings of a few.

What we risk loosing is far FAR greater that what we are hoping to gain.

Same thing goes for the new so called Anti- Islamophobia proposal in government. We should not have the government alter our thought and speech and control words that we are allowed to speak or not. That's exactly what all those middle eastern dictatorships do which our own 'holier than thou' Trudeau always criticizes. Yet he is trying to do the exact same thing.

Talk the government koshered talk and you're fine. Dare to speak out of the (government drawn)line and we will come after you.

The part I never understood about lefties is how they reconcile the teachings of Islam with their desire to bring in more Muslim refugees.

If you take some of these percentages and do the math on populations, there is an absolutely staggering number of Muslims out there who want Sharia law, and who see terrorism as a viable means to an end result. Not to mention their feelings towards modern day lefty hot-topics like homosexuality or gender fluidity.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...und-the-world/
In other areas, however, there is less unity. For instance, a Pew Research Center survey of Muslims in 39 countries asked Muslims whether they want sharia law, a legal code based on the Quran and other Islamic scripture, to be the official law of the land in their country. Responses on this question vary widely. Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law.
Recent surveys show that most people in several countries with significant Muslim populations have an unfavorable view of ISIS, including virtually all respondents in Lebanon and 94% in Jordan. Relatively small shares say they see ISIS favorably. In some countries, considerable portions of the population do not offer an opinion about ISIS, including a majority (62%) of Pakistanis.
Favorable views of ISIS are somewhat higher in Nigeria (14%) than most other nations. Among Nigerian Muslims, 20% say they see ISIS favorably (compared with 7% of Nigerian Christians). The Nigerian militant group Boko Haram, which has been conducting a terrorist campaign in the country for years, has sworn allegiance to ISIS.
More generally, Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified, including 92% in Indonesia and 91% in Iraq. In the United States, a 2011 survey found that 86% of Muslims say that such tactics are rarely or never justified. An additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances.
In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say that these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.

Almost 30% of Egyptians think that suicide bombings and similar attacks are at least sometimes justified?? That's almost 25 million radicals just in one country.

Last edited:
The part I never understood about lefties is how they reconcile the teachings of Islam with their desire to bring in more Muslim refugees.

If you take some of these percentages and do the math on populations, there is an absolutely staggering number of Muslims out there who want Sharia law, and who see terrorism as a viable means to an end result. Not to mention their feelings towards modern day lefty hot-topics like homosexuality or gender fluidity.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...und-the-world/

Almost 30% of Egyptians think that suicide bombings and similar attacks are at least sometimes justified?? That's almost 25 million radicals just in one country.

You actually pointed out something interesting.
The 'lefties' bring in an ideology that is counter/opposing to theirs and in time will wipe out the 'left'.
I guess it's the old be careful what you wish for?

The 'lefties' bring in an ideology that is counter/opposing to theirs and in time will wipe out the 'left'.

You want interesting point? I'll give you interesting point. Concerning just this one issue, never mind others, how many lefties are afraid to open their mouths in opposition? Think about the ramifications for prominent lefties to say "hey wait a minute, this may not be such a good idea".

I believe on that same Pew page I posted, it shows that Muslims (in the US anyway) usually vote democrat. So maybe that's an underlying reason why the Democrats want to bring more of them in. Same goes for illegal immigrants from Mexico, for the most part.

But you're right in that it would eventually lead to the destruction of current lefty ideology.

And while it's true my bakery didn't go out of business and I wasn't fined $130K for not baking a cake for a gay marriage, I can certainly empathize with them and can easily see how real it was to them and how it would be difficult to deal with.

I can only imagine how this is going to play out with Islam.

Living in west Toronto a service trip to Peterborough used to mean leaving early AM to avoid the 401 traffic jams so I skipped breakfast and stopped at the Country Style Donut on Hwy 35 because I liked their BLT's.

One day while working in the Dixon / Kipling area I saw a Country Style outlet and thought a BLT would go down good.

Sign on door "No Pork Products Served"

If a fundamentalist Christian bakery can be fined for not baking a Gay wedding cake what are the chances of a Muslim catering service being charged for refusing to serve ham sandwiches?

Biblically, in Luke 20:25 Jesus says "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and render to God the things that are God's." Basically IMO obey the laws of the land while you do your own churchy thing, separation of church and state. People, to some extent, have to rationalize their religion / law blends. For example a pacifist Christian could serve in the military as a medic.

Other religions are less accepting of letting civil laws influence their lifestyles. However there are often conflicts with religion and technology.

Sikhs can't take some jobs because they can't fit hard hats over turbans.

Chemical plants often don't allow facial hair.

Manufacturing facilities with moving machinery often have problems with loose clothing, for example burkas.

I have no intention of converting to Islam but see many good things about the religion.

One big problem is that male dominance in religion over the centuries has skewed the healthy relationships that should exist between men and woman. Too many people both male and female are afraid to accept the needed corrections.

Think about it. Would a universe creating God want to see his creations abusing each other?

The abuse part was created by man.

I believe on that same Pew page I posted, it shows that Muslims (in the US anyway) usually vote democrat. So maybe that's an underlying reason why the Democrats want to bring more of them in. Same goes for illegal immigrants from Mexico, for the most part.

But you're right in that it would eventually lead to the destruction of current lefty ideology.

That is an accurate point. I was at a Liberal event (voting in local riding members)...and the sentence after hello stated by the Liberal "area manager" was we are the party to bring your parents and grand parents here. I was like wtf, you opened up with pandering. Yeah, just what I wanted to hear, bring a bunch of old ppl that will burden our health care system in which we keep losing benefits (used to have free dental and optical). I know for a fact of someone that came to buy something from me on Kijiji ..and her daughter was returning to Canada ONLY to give birth then leave in 3 months so her grandchild would have health benefits and everything else.

So, that will be 2 grandparents, 1 kid, kids parents (2), other grandparents (2).
7 people that do no live here and paid next to $0 in taxes but will be using a lot of benefits.
Who are the stupid ones again?

Living in west Toronto a service trip to Peterborough used to mean leaving early AM to avoid the 401 traffic jams so I skipped breakfast and stopped at the Country Style Donut on Hwy 35 because I liked their BLT's.

One day while working in the Dixon / Kipling area I saw a Country Style outlet and thought a BLT would go down good.

Sign on door "No Pork Products Served"

If a fundamentalist Christian bakery can be fined for not baking a Gay wedding cake what are the chances of a Muslim catering service being charged for refusing to serve ham sandwiches?

Biblically, in Luke 20:25 Jesus says "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and render to God the things that are God's." Basically IMO obey the laws of the land while you do your own churchy thing, separation of church and state. People, to some extent, have to rationalize their religion / law blends. For example a pacifist Christian could serve in the military as a medic.

Other religions are less accepting of letting civil laws influence their lifestyles. However there are often conflicts with religion and technology.

Sikhs can't take some jobs because they can't fit hard hats over turbans.

Chemical plants often don't allow facial hair.

Manufacturing facilities with moving machinery often have problems with loose clothing, for example burkas.

I have no intention of converting to Islam but see many good things about the religion.

One big problem is that male dominance in religion over the centuries has skewed the healthy relationships that should exist between men and woman. Too many people both male and female are afraid to accept the needed corrections.

Think about it. Would a universe creating God want to see his creations abusing each other?

The abuse part was created by man.

Maybe it was a jewish place?

on another note within the stream
honor killings and killing gays
it is said that in Syria and or Iran they toss gay ppl off rooftops to their death
damn! that is some crazy ships right there...how does one take someone to a roof for something they do in private and has nothing to do with you...that person is kicking and screaming and you push them off the building as they scream in terror...wth? do ppl cheer also?

burning a woman to death or stoning her to death (even based on a lie) is just incomprehensible

it is said that in Syria and or Iran they toss gay ppl off rooftops to their death
damn! that is some crazy ships right there...how does one take someone to a roof for something they do in private and has nothing to do with you...that person is kicking and screaming and you push them off the building as they scream in terror...wth? do ppl cheer also?

burning a woman to death or stoning her to death (even based on a lie) is just incomprehensible

Its not nice to say things like that.

This will be in Canada someday. When pointing out that perceived negative someone will say "what about the shootings in Quebec mosque"? Dots will need connecting.

Back
Top Bottom