Moving to Toronto | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving to Toronto

I pay $1500 for a 1200 sq foot top floor of a house with a front and rear balcony and a parking spot. But I'm about 8-9 km away from that area. Right downtown is ridiculously expensive. My gf's sister pays around the same for something that is less than 1/4 the size of our place and they don't have parking.

jesus you pay more than my mortgage...

jesus you pay more than my mortgage...

I'm looking to buy a house now and I'll be looking at 2-3k a month for the payments.

Where do you live? I'm around St. Clair and Oakwood in Toronto.

I'd prefer somewhere cheaper but the gf doesn't drive and couldn't find work anywhere except Toronto.

I'm looking to buy a house now and I'll be looking at 2-3k a month for the payments.

Where do you live? I'm around St. Clair and Oakwood in Toronto.

I'd prefer somewhere cheaper but the gf doesn't drive and couldn't find work anywhere except Toronto.

i like out in the boonies in the KW area..

i like out in the boonies in the KW area..

Oh that would do it. I was looking at some houses in the Guelph area and they were twice the size and half the price of what I'm looking at in Toronto.

Oh that would do it. I was looking at some houses in the Guelph area and they were twice the size and half the price of what I'm looking at in Toronto.

Its worth staying out of the downtown IMO but i know some folks miss the big city life. Not me i lived in big cities in the UK and love the country now. Don't think i could move into a downtown core. I would love a vacation apartment in Edinborough tho

Its worth staying out of the downtown IMO but i know some folks miss the big city life. Not me i lived in big cities in the UK and love the country now. Don't think i could move into a downtown core. I would love a vacation apartment in Edinborough tho

That's part of why I'm farther north. I hate the core. Way too busy and congested. Only thing I like about the city is that I can easily walk to bars and restaurants. If I drank less I'd probably rather be elsewhere, lol. Even with how much I do I'd still prefer somewhere different but that doesn't work for the lady. Although we went on a trip to the Yukon last year and she wants to move there now, heh.

Toronto Life magazine has an article this month on how to buy a detached house for under 1 million in Toronto.....

Toronto Life magazine has an article this month on how to buy a detached house for under 1 million in Toronto.....

Does it say "go to MLS and search for one"? Because that's all you need to do...

Back
Top Bottom