Motorcycles... i think i have a problem.. but i mean i cant be the only one! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycles... i think i have a problem.. but i mean i cant be the only one!

How do you guys handle insurance? do you have multi bikes on the policy or do you keep switching them to keep the cost down?

I'm afraid my insurance broker will be ****** of if i keep switching every other month.

I don't live within the GTA. If I did the price just to insure my old VFR I'd hang up my helmet. 3x or 4x the price from Kingston to Markham. no thanks.

Plus if I did get a HD. It'd be something like a 1955 chopper.

Quite honselty if I lived in the GTA my quality of life would go down by a lot.

Last edited:
@inreb how the heck are you to look where your going when your blind??? Fools logic I tell ya!

Not legally blind so have wiggle room.

Just bought a cm250 as a fun project. Going for that flat tracker/scrambler look in a build. Bike will be for short jaunts, commuting, a bit of off-road etc. It's not a problem, life is about having fun and that's what motorcycles are.

Yep, at one point I had 9 street bikes and 12 dirtbikes in the garage. Used to load up all the dirtbikes on a tilt and load from work and go riding, lots of loaners so everybody went. Lol
Kinda whittled down now to my versys, and the wife's ninja 250, plus my dads crf230f that he rides once a year.
The big reason I sold them off was closing my business and changing career paths, coupled with a 30' boat in a marina led to a lack of time/funds. Boats tend to eat a lot of both. First time out this year the outdrive seized, full of water not lube.

Look at my signature dude, what do you think? But don't say you will never give it up. People change with time. Needs change with time. Things that were important to us 40 years prior are no longer a priority.
Well said,I started riding dirt in 1969 and onto the street in 1973. I`ve felt marginal interest for many years now and haven`t even looked at my bikes this year,never even went out once last year. Oddly enough I stopped in at a multi-line dealership this week,the first time in several years and had zero interest in anything on the floor. It`s ironic that now I could purchase any bike I look at but don`t see anything I like and 40 some years ago I`d have sold my soul for a Z1 or CB750 or Trident. I live within minutes of some of Ontarios best riding roads yet avoid them,`prolly due to the attitude/skill of the majority of drivers now. I`m frequently considering quitting...not quite yet.

I have 8 bikes in my garage. Have my eye on another 600 for racing. Don't even know what to say to OP.

From experience all I can say is get help now O.P.

haha, problem is im 9 years in :/ i guess im stuck

I have 8 bikes in my garage. Have my eye on another 600 for racing. Don't even know what to say to OP.

you said it, you're one of many that helped me realize im not the only one!

i guess a new car can wait...... :D

And just figured id chive in about the insurance topic being raised up.
it isnt so bad when you got a couple of things insured, and your record is clean
im 25 with a 1000cc and im paying 110/month with statefarm.. got quoted for a 1198s for 98/month lol wow
then again im in niagara falls, so the rate isnt so bad here
so if i play my cards right, i might be picking up another v-twin soon, and just keep fixing my car whenever it breaks

I want a $1500 goldwing. Baaaaaad. Something the lady and I can ride for days in comfort in the slow lane for almost zero cost. Awesome!

I want a $1500 goldwing. Baaaaaad. Something the lady and I can ride for days in comfort in the slow lane for almost zero cost. Awesome!

I had an 85 1200 wing, great bike, comfy and dependable, awesome fuel mileage. The only bike I ever rode in November in total comfort. Lol
My eight year old daughter cried when I sold it cause it was comfy and she loved the tunes.
I sold it because I wanted my fun back.

Well said,I started riding dirt in 1969 and onto the street in 1973. I`ve felt marginal interest for many years now and haven`t even looked at my bikes this year,never even went out once last year. Oddly enough I stopped in at a multi-line dealership this week,the first time in several years and had zero interest in anything on the floor. It`s ironic that now I could purchase any bike I look at but don`t see anything I like and 40 some years ago I`d have sold my soul for a Z1 or CB750 or Trident. I live within minutes of some of Ontarios best riding roads yet avoid them,`prolly due to the attitude/skill of the majority of drivers now. I`m frequently considering quitting...not quite yet.

You sound kind of like my dad....are you a wealthy miserable old fart??

Son, is that you? J/K,that was funny. Like most things there is more to the story, I`m just trying to figure things out and find a direction after a number of traumatic life events.

Best way to do that might be to get on your bike and ride. Helps clear the mind and cleanse the soul. May even re-ignite the fire.
Best of luck with your soul-searching, sincerely hope you find what you're looking for. :)

? but I still, haven't found, what I'm looking for...?

Get yourself a nice later model Kawasaki Voyager XII.
It is much like the early 1200 Goldwing - but a little sleeker and sportier (IMHO).

I have been riding a '98 for 6 seasons.
Nimble in the twisties. Goes like sn*t on the slab.
Tunes. Cruise control. Full comfort.

Check kijiji.

I have a 2002 1.7EL that I got for $1000, and 1999 3.2TL that I was also $1000...

My GSXR was $7500 and I've probably spent $1500 on cosmetics and upgrades. It's also the only vehicle I follow all service manual procedures lol

Back
Top Bottom