Motorcycle insurance for chinese bikes?? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle insurance for chinese bikes??

Yes, I put the bike up for sale and yes I am getting a brand new bike.
Someone messaged me asking if he could get insurance on the bike, and I told him to get some quotes.. I am sure it's one of the guys that posted here.
I didn't lie, but I am not going to put an add up with huge letters saying "I CANT GET INSURANCE ON THIS BIKE"
Just because I can't, doesn't mean that someone else can... And I am still trying to find an insurance company to insure it, but since all of my insurance is through a large company that doesn't do motorcycle insurance, and I have only my M1.. means that some companies have turned me away simply because I do not have my M or M2 license.

I don't claim to know much about bikes, other than I can drive them.. And I really like this bike.. If I could find someone to insure it I would keep it and have 2 bikes.
And the bike has been plated, and has a registration which I have..
Not trying to be a prick or anything, but how did you get a plate without insurance?

This seems strange to me. If the vehicle has a VIN number and is sold in Canada and is either brand new or certified, there should be no reason they won't insure it. I know some companies won't insure a vehicle over 25yrs old etc. I have a Sachs MadAss which (at least until recently) was distributed by Chironex (Chinese bike company) and my insurance company (Meloche Monex) insured it without question. Seems like your getting a bum deal.

AND - I had an insurance company that said "If I insure my house and my car with them, they will insure the bike"

Hold on now...you said you couldn't find anyone that would insure the bike, now you're saying you did and can but just didn't like the price?

What is it?

You know motorcycles are expensive to insure, right?

Wait What bike insurance is expensive???? Stop fibbing to us all...

The Op's story seems to change more often than some people change their bed sheets. But the question still begs how exactly did you get it plated without insurance?

Hold on now...you said you couldn't find anyone that would insure the bike, now you're saying you did and can but just didn't like the price?

What is it?

You know motorcycles are expensive to insure, right?

Could be an offroad registration and plate. I don't think MTO asks for insurance detail. If it's an on-road registration and plate, then someone fibbed to MTO about insurance coverage.

Wait What bike insurance is expensive???? Stop fibbing to us all...

The Op's story seems to change more often than some people change their bed sheets. But the question still begs how exactly did you get it plated without insurance?

As I said if you guys would have read.. I would have had to change my home insurance and vehicle insurance to a different company in order to insure the bike, and I just learned of this recently... so things change in time you know?? Or do they stay the same forever in this magical gtam world?
And No I was not going to Change insurance companies and start over for my home and vehicle to insure a $1500 motorcycle.. I am going to buy a brand new bike and insure it very easily...
And for you guys that were hunting me down... my ad had my postal code and in the ad I said I am in cornwall, I had my phone number listed, even my name... lol.

Go back and read... i mean really read what what was written... The registration says "plated" I haven't put the registration in my name yet... The previous owner gave me the registration and on that registration it says "plated".

I want to thank the people that have given me good advice here, I am going to keep the bike, get the registration in my name, and I will find an insurance company that will insure it. If not it will sit in my garage and I will learn more about motorcycles (take it apart and put it back together). I am mechanically declined so this may be a good oportunity for me to learn some things I have never looked into with my other bikes.

As I said if you guys would have read.. I would have had to change my home insurance and vehicle insurance to a different company in order to insure the bike, and I just learned of this recently... so things change in time you know?? Or do they stay the same forever in this magical gtam world?
And No I was not going to Change insurance companies and start over for my home and vehicle to insure a $1500 motorcycle.. I am going to buy a brand new bike and insure it very easily...
And for you guys that were hunting me down... my ad had my postal code and in the ad I said I am in cornwall, I had my phone number listed, even my name... lol.

Go back and read... i mean really read what what was written... The registration says "plated" I haven't put the registration in my name yet... The previous owner gave me the registration and on that registration it says "plated".

I want to thank the people that have given me good advice here, I am going to keep the bike, get the registration in my name, and I will find an insurance company that will insure it. If not it will sit in my garage and I will learn more about motorcycles (take it apart and put it back together). I am mechanically declined so this may be a good oportunity for me to learn some things I have never looked into with my other bikes.

so what is wrong in changing your Insurance Company, it's done all the time, a phone call to the old and a call to the new and you would have all this done and be able to ride the bike as it would be insured.

But you also say you have the registration, but you have not put it in your name....why not.....I thought there was a time limit as to when this is to be done, I certainly hope the previous owner has gone to the MTO to advise them the bike he had has been sold to you....

So back to the begining, you have a bike that can be and probably once was insured, basing this on the fact that it was plated, as it says this on the registration, but you don't like the price of insurance, seems to be too high for your liking, and your also not wanting to change companies, so no matter what the price is, your still not going to get it insured, as you can't afford it and or want to pay the premiums.

Unfortunately your story has a lot of twists and turns in it, and I pity the poor guy who does purchase your bike, and you don't tell him the full story prior to the closing of the sale

So far the best thing you have written, is the part that,, you will keep the bike, get it registered in your name, and learn something about bikes, well at least this one in particular.

Mechanically declined, I have a sister like that.

Lol. Couldn't resist. Good luck.

The law says you have 6 days to transfer ownership of a purchased vehicle, just FYI.

As for it showing as plated on the ownership, apparently the previous owner didn't have any issues getting insurance for it...probably by, oh, paying for it, but apparently we were all confused based on your initial post.

No insurance company will insure the bike I bought. I have tried ALL of the big name companies, along with smaller ones in my city and some companies that only deal with motorcycles. NONE can even give me a quote for it....

Back
Top Bottom