Motorcycle Adventures | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Adventures

Arthritic Adventures

Hey everyone,

Just and old Arthritic guy trying to get a YouTube Channel going.

If any of you can't sleep and wants to help out, that would be greatly appreciated!!!
(even if you just let it run in the background somewhere and press the like button -> LMAO)

Channels @Arthritics.Adventures on YouTube and I just posted my first shake-out ride this season.

Rode out to Re-Gear in Oshawa and picked up a pair of gloves for my new travels and spun it into a video about what I have planned for my channel.

This week I'm going to ride the highlands in Ontario.

1715211724621.png

Season one first ride from Toronto out to Oshawa to visit a gem of a motorcycle accessory gear store named Re-Gear. We take the Don Valley Parkway (Better know locally as the DVP - Should be Don Valley PARKING LOT) and onto the world's busiest highway the 401.

But first we have a quick summary of what you can expect in the coming season, rides in Highlands of Ontario Canada and rides on the Backcountry Discovery Routes in the USA.

But the highlight of this season should be the Safari to the Nambiti Private Game Reserve in South Africa

Nambiti Private Game Reserve
https://nambiti.com/
Twenty-three thousand acres of unspoiled wilderness located at Elandslaagte, Nambiti is a land as rugged as its history. On the plains where the Anglo-Boer battles once thundered, the fight for supremacy is now the exclusive realm of its teeming wildlife population.

Set just two and a half hours from Durban and four hours from Johannesburg, Nambiti a place of infinite charm and breathtaking diversity. Regarded as one of the nation’s most ambitious conservation initiatives, Nambiti is one of the few reserves in South Africa where the majesty of the Big 5 can be experienced free from the threat of malaria

Sani Pass, South Africa
Sani Pass is a mountain pass located in the West of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa on the road between Himeville, KwaZulu-Natal and Mokhotlong, Lesotho. The pass traverses the Great Escarpment of southern Africa in its highest region, the Drakensberg Mountains, which reach an elevation of over 3,000 meters.

The route up Sani Pass starts at 1,544 metres (5,066 ft), and climbs 1,332 m (4,370 ft) to an altitude of 2,876 m (9,436 ft). The steep gravel road has gradients up to 1:3, which can be difficult to drive in bad weather and may be covered with snow and ice in winter. South Africa generally allows only 4x4 vehicles on the road.[1] The pass lies between the border controls of both countries and is approximately 9 km in length.[2] Caution must be exercised and motorists must be alert while navigating the pass as it has claimed many lives.[1] Occasionally the remains of vehicles that did not succeed in navigating the pass's steep gradients and poor traction surfaces can be seen.

Ride the Highlands
https://www.ridethehighlands.ca/
Imagine. You’re handed a cold hard axe. You gaze into the thick forest and are told to build the road.

In front of you lay hundreds of miles of some of the most unforgiving Highlands this side of Scotland. You put your head down. Day after day, month after month, year after year, you know that you are doing more than sawing, chopping and hauling. You are crafting a road. A road no one else would or could build.

You breathe in the crisp sweet air and swing.

Backcountry Discovery Routes
https://ridebdr.com/
Backcountry Discovery Routes® (BDR®) is a non-profit advocacy organization that creates off-highway routes for dual-sport and adventure motorcycle travel. We have introduced a new route with free GPS tracks for the community every year since 2010 (with the exception of 2021 due to the global pandemic).

Our work includes rider education, safety campaigns and promoting responsible travel for motorcyclists traveling in the backcountry.

Our volunteer-powered organization works with agencies and land managers to keep trails and remote roads open for motorcycling.

Each route generates new tourism that delivers sustainable economic relief to less-advantaged rural communities. This creates local stakeholders who will help fight to keep access for dual-sport and adventure motorcycles in these incredible backcountry areas.

Nice, the video looks really good. I follow a fair amount of this stuff on youtube so I will definitely subscribe.

Subscribed. Looking forward to the episodes to come! South African (Nambiti or Kruger) Game Reserve is a bucket list trip for sure.

Very enjoyable. I wanted to find out more about ReGear and you provided some good info. Thanks!
You are too young to be retired! 😂

Enjoyed that from down under seeing Ontario green.
My only critique you might be too close to the mike when in the helmet ...it was fine when you were in the store. Also your voice gets a bit lost in the background music.
I subscribed since I have to replace one of my vloggers, Lavi and Ollie who have completed their around the world adventure two up on a very patient Vstrom 1000.
Looking for new content to sit out the rainy season here.

Will be interested in seeing how you do on Sani Pass. Was impressed with Itchy Boots ride over it. I love S Africa having spent a number of Ontario winters in Western Cape.

Last edited:
Hey MacDoc, thanks so much for the feedback, yep music down a bit, check, that's an easy one, have footage for me next 3 videos shot on that trip so the helmet mic will persist for a bit. I did a quick search on YouTube already and it seems I should turn the gain down (sensitivity) of the mic when its in my helmet and so close to my mouth. So great something learned from your comment, just what I was looking for.

Definitely looking forward to the Sani Pass!

Thanks again for the subscription and the constructive comment!

Subscribed, always nice to see and follow local people on the wide web :)

Subscribed, always nice to see and follow local people on the wide web :)
Thank-you very much Sochi! Greatly appreciated,

Just FYI for everyone, if you see some arthritic focused content coming by, I'm working on helping others like me to try and be highly functional too.

So, I have an "Arthritis Survival Guide" in the works with my Rheumatologist of 30+ year, trying to get some of those unfortunate other people to get out and help themselves. Pills and injections are only half the solution to this silent disease. I won't go on and on you can watch it if it interests you. I'm trying to raise the awareness of this disease that 1 in 4 people have. Thus "Arthritic Adventures", enough said.

Point being the motorcycle vlogging will continue they'll just be about 4-6 episodes of my guide floating by soon too.

So please don't unsubscribe if you see them pop up there's more and more motorcycle coming it's not a change in direction of my channel!!!!

Thanks again Sochi!!!!!

My partner was a clinical rheumatology research nurse for 30 years here in Cairns and retired last year. The drug companies even flew her to New York for a one night stay and to give a lecture on clinical treatment.
One reason she has her lifetime Qantas frequent flyer status as most of the conferences were in the states.
She and her partner in crime doctor/boss in the same field and his wife/assistant were all happily reminiscing about some of the miracle drugs they trialed over the years and some of the astonishing over night transformations a single shot could bring.
It was just astonishing some of the overnight results...and some comedy with patients over indulging in activities they had not done in years.
It was a fun conversation to listen to last night with my newly minted hearing aids. They had quite the tales including weddings that they were invited to after returning very crippled patients to full function. Heartwarming and rewarding for them and for me to hear.

Last edited:
Thank-you very much Sochi! Greatly appreciated,

Just FYI for everyone, if you see some arthritic focused content coming by, I'm working on helping others like me to try and be highly functional too.

So, I have an "Arthritis Survival Guide" in the works with my Rheumatologist of 30+ year, trying to get some of those unfortunate other people to get out and help themselves. Pills and injections are only half the solution to this silent disease. I won't go on and on you can watch it if it interests you. I'm trying to raise the awareness of this disease that 1 in 4 people have. Thus "Arthritic Adventures", enough said.

Point being the motorcycle vlogging will continue they'll just be about 4-6 episodes of my guide floating by soon too.

So please don't unsubscribe if you see them pop up there's more and more motorcycle coming it's not a change in direction of my channel!!!!

Thanks again Sochi!!!!!
It’s a *****.

Struggle myself, twisty fingers, neck surgery, knees, back and hips would like pain killers.

Mine started late 20s, hit hard around 45, then remission till Nov last year. Pain is nagging, but doesn’t stop me, losing mobility in knees, back and neck does bother me.

Mine is exacerbated by too many years of contact sports.

Interested to watch your shows, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

It’s a *****.

Struggle myself, twisty fingers, neck surgery, knees, back and hips would like pain killers.

Mine started late 20s, hit hard around 45, then remission till Nov last year. Pain is nagging, but doesn’t stop me, losing mobility in knees, back and neck does bother me.

Mine is exacerbated by too many years of contact sports.

Interested to watch your shows, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Thanks for watching Mike, I'm trying to bring more awareness to this silent disease, for me personally I find exercise and the gym regularly along with a good biological has me going pretty good, sure there are bad days but for the most part they keep me functioning in a tolerable range of pain. Good to here from a fellow Arthritic here.

My partner was a clinical rheumatology research nurse for 30 years here in Cairns and retired last year. The drug companies even flew her to New York for a one night stay and to give a lecture on clinical treatment.
One reason she has her lifetime Qantas frequent flyer status as most of the conferences were in the states.
She and her partner in crime doctor/boss in the same field and his wife/assistant were all happily reminiscing about some of the miracle drugs they trialed over the years and some of the astonishing over night transformations a single shot could bring.
It was just astonishing some of the overnight results...and some comedy with patients over indulging in activities they had not done in years.
It was a fun conversation to listen to last night with my newly minted hearing aids. They had quite the tales including weddings that they were invited to after returning very crippled patients to full function. Heartwarming and rewarding for them and for me to hear.
I was on a biological for about 13 to 14 years that was a total game changer for me, I was literally superman 45 years old play competitive ITF tennis tennis 2-3 matches in a day gym and a bike ride, rinse repeat. Su I know exactly what you mean!! Unfortunately for me 3 years ago I broke out in skin cancer, Basel cell, Squamous Cell and had a patch of the killer Melanoma all at once. Had to get off that med and I've been clear for 3 years. It was a known side effect though, next bio med didn't work and I went way down hill for two years, started a third in Nov and 6 months in I'm in pretty good shape and getting better. Cautiously optimistic that I can get my super powers back... lol

Thus the Channel and trying to help others, it can be quite the roller coaster.

Thanks again for watching and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched the Highland vid. With the helmet mounted cam the visuals seemed a little too intense as you swivel your head viewing. Of course it's natural for you but for me as a viewer it was a bit much. My 2cents.

Have arthritic hips and one side has been replaced already. So I'm interested in that side of things.

Best of luck with the channel.

Back
Top Bottom