MotoGP 2018 | Page 69 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

in case Y'all did't hear...................

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/141683/indonesia-agrees-deal-to-host-motogp-street-race

Ummmmm..........F*** yeah?

Yeah that was rumored sometime last year around August and I completely forgot about it, Jules Ryder were saying how Saxonring and Bruno are always cutting a fine line contract wise and maybe are the ones to go to keep it under 20 GPs a year, so it might suck seeing either of those go.

Apparently, they've been trying to host the Mexico GP in order to keep COTA as its been barely keeping up with the logistical costs to get to N. America, and COTA just got hit with a big financial blow (like $25 million). Marquez domination not withstanding, its critical to keep it on the calendar, this is a business after all, but going straight from Texas directly back to Spain is foolish to say the least.

Indonesia is a massive Market, so you can hear Dorna-Carmello et al salivating from here, but unless they are really going to extend the calendar into late Nov, with 20+ GPs or cut the summer break even shorter (or start the season even sooner?) then things are going to be a nightmare for the riders with no real breaks.

Then again, did Silverstone ever get the green light for this year's race calendar after that debacle last year?

Yes it did, wow!

SIlverstone has History, in addition to business interest and therefore more clout, and it can have good racing, but... its really the most obvious to go given last year's canceled race, perhaps only second to Qatar which is always dead.

F*** COTA, it would be a track Id love to ride, but its too small for a 280hp GP bike, these guys barely get out of second gear on that track.....and F1 ruined is its surface. Its like trying to take yer s1krr set up for bogie to cayuga.

I'll agree for it be removed, only if you can get the FIM to invest in bringing back Laguna Seca up to spec. :cool:

Going to watch 17/18 COTA Gps this week just to see if you're right.

Bribes and flattery are the name of the game.

SCRAMP organizers negotiated a trade for tickets to all events and a “Preferred Patron Suite” for any local resident that has been impacted by the noise generated from a race track designed for amateur and professional motorsports, that once again, has been in use since 1957.

We just began showering them with compliments,” said Smith. “Once we acknowledged their vast wealth and power, they suddenly became incredibly compliant and took an interest in motorsports. Now they all have sports cars and motorcycles (Italian only)

The “Preferred Patron Suite” is located directly next to the mobile lavatories that sits a stone’s throw away from the press center, where Senior Editor Nic de Sena mischievously steals free water and apples during the FIM World Superbike Championship. :lmao:

Edit: Post-April fool'd me it seems... Still believable given the area's affluent residents, so try and make it happen anyhow.

Last edited:
I'll agree for it be removed, only if you can get the FIM to invest in bringing back Laguna Seca up to spec. :cool:

Going to watch 17/18 COTA Gps this week just to see if you're right.

now THAT would be worthy of a road trip to see

you guys that have followed it closely for years
why are there no American riders anymore?

F*** COTA, it would be a track Id love to ride, but its too small for a 280hp GP bike, these guys barely get out of second gear on that track.....and F1 ruined is its surface. Its like trying to take yer s1krr set up for bogie to cayuga.

So, I just finished watching them (while I did other stuff) alternating between various camera angles and they don't stay in 2nd for long and usually quick shift to 3rd-4th and then go flat out on the straight away hitting 200+. So, I guess its not the fastest track on the calendar, but its not the slowest either.

I do want to go once, but after that I would welcome a change for the USGP, too. With my preference being at Laguna Seca, I mean if WSBK can do it as-is, why can't Dorna take all that money they rake in every year and bring it back to CA?

I'd be there for sure. I'm sure some of you canucks would come down for it.

Last edited:
Yeah, MotoGP .com posted the wrong file. Looking for the right file now, lol.

Edit: Found it. 720p and 1080p is up now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom