MotoGP 2017 | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

1367765254_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

I remember both quite clearly... Rossi at least had a chance of making the corner without the extra two wheels lol

If you watch them side by side the lines are almost identical. Difference was they added paved runoff to the outside of the turn so Jorge had somewhere to go vs Gibernau who was straight into the gravel.

Point of contact is the key. The contact stood Rossi and Gibernau up. Not saying it was clean, just less obscene.

If Gibernau isn't there Rossi floats maybe a 10-15 feet wide; without Lorenzo, Marc is in that run off all on his own.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course Lorenzo left the door WIDE open. Why wouldn't Marquez waltz in.

Last edited:
Of course Lorenzo left the door WIDE open. Why wouldn't Marquez waltz in.

Errr....you said it yourself, without Jorge, Marc would've ran off. Door open or not, the only way for Marc to make that move was to dive-bomb him. Plus, Jorge probably thought he was far enough not to defend his line. The passing etiquette went out the window for Marc in that corner.

Errr....you said it yourself, without Jorge, Marc would've ran off. Door open or not, the only way for Marc to make that move was to dive-bomb him. Plus, Jorge probably thought he was far enough not to defend his line. The passing etiquette went out the window for Marc in that corner.

Oh I totally agree. Bet Georgie doesn't make that mistake again. But really, when has Marc ever shown etiquette when the win is on the line; he's been pulling that stuff from 125 on.

Oh I totally agree. Bet Georgie doesn't make that mistake again. But really, when has Marc ever shown etiquette when the win is on the line; he's been pulling that stuff from 125 on.

haha, I think Jorge made that mistake last year in Misano which led to an argument. But ya, no disputing on Marc there.

Forgot about that one! Guy has to learn you don't have the track to yourself. Wide sweeping lines are best left to quaily laps.

It's called racing, there is no passing etiquette, just managing the risk..... now if that happened 3 times in a row then I can see JL getting ****** off, but this was last turn of the last lap, I am expecting to get dive-bomb by someone.

It's called racing, there is no passing etiquette, just managing the risk..... now if that happened 3 times in a row then I can see JL getting ****** off, but this was last turn of the last lap, I am expecting to get dive-bomb by someone.

Dive bomb? More like kamikaze, but good for the show no less

If moves like that didn't exist, we'd never get gems like this:

"
Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent"

MotoGP 2017 - Pre-Season MotoGP Test - Day 3 Full Session - Sepang 1080p50 is up in first post AS TORRENT ONLY!

Best played with MPC-BE 1.5.0 (build 2235) or newer (for flawless audio/video sync. VLC player does NOT work well after the first video file.)

Split into sub 2gb chunks for compatibility with FAT-32.

1080p50 at 5000kbps with 96kbps AAC 48000Hz stereo audio.

Be a day or two before I can get Day 1 and 2 up.

Enjoy!

lol...Marc had NO CHANCE in any circumstance have made that pass without bouncing off Jorge. You're telling me because it's the last lap, these types of passes would be deemed acceptable? Had he taken him out, would that still be considered racing?

lol...Marc had NO CHANCE in any circumstance have made that pass without bouncing off Jorge. You're telling me because it's the last lap, these types of passes would be deemed acceptable? Had he taken him out, would that still be considered racing?

Yeap, absolutely, even if there was a crash. Race direction takes a look at all these incidents and penalties are given if a rider is deemed to do something wrong, I assume you don't know more than race direction?

Lorenzo took a wide line (he even admitted on an interview that he left the door open)

"I only did two mistakes," he said. "The first one was the start, and then in the last corner for not closing the door a little bit more."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107224

MM went for it, he won the race.

Last edited:
Yeap, absolutely, even if there was a crash. Race direction takes a look at all these incidents and penalties are given if a rider is deemed to do something wrong, I assume you don't know more than race direction?

Lorenzo took a wide line (he even admitted on an interview that he left the door open)

"I only did two mistakes," he said. "The first one was the start, and then in the last corner for not closing the door a little bit more."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107224

MM went for it, he won the race.

Nope, I don't know more than RD but I still feel that this pass is open for differing of opinions. Still not clear-cut that this is what one should be doing even knowing full well you'll bounce off your opponent.

That said, what are your opinions on Senna's pass attempt on Prost in Suzuka '90?

Nope, I don't know more than RD but I still feel that this pass is open for differing of opinions. Still not clear-cut that this is what one should be doing even knowing full well you'll bounce off your opponent.

That said, what are your opinions on Senna's pass attempt on Prost in Suzuka '90?

I don't know if you race or not but if you do or did you would probably be a lot more ok with that pass, my opinion anyway, I am sure some racers will disagree.

Senna vs Prost? I am perfectly ok with it. From Senna's perspective (as seen in this video, there was a door open and he took it. IMO he was gaining on him and went deep on the brakes, Prost turned in early to try and close out senna ... didn't work out? meh race incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50TWnKujrE

Last edited:

Hmm..tough one..knowing senna always took his chances more then anybody else, but at the end both they were out of the race..actually senna restart and won the race, the year after same corner same accident why? because Senna was on pole and he was sabotage on the grid by prost/balestre putting senna on the dirty line. So senna did intentionally cause the accident trowing prost out of the race..different scenario altogether in my opinion

It's all good brings back good memories;)

Last edited:
I don't know if you race or not but if you do or did you would probably be a lot more ok with that pass, my opinion anyway, I am sure some racers will disagree.

Senna vs Prost? I am perfectly ok with it. From Senna's perspective (as seen in this video, there was a door open and he took it. IMO he was gaining on him and went deep on the brakes, Prost turned in early to try and close out senna ... didn't work out? meh race incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50TWnKujrE

I don't race but i've been watching motorsports(2 & 4 wheels) since I was quite young to determine what would be clean and what would be controversial. It'd be interesting to find out what the other racers on this board think had they been in Lorenzo's shoes.

Hmm..tough one..knowing senna always took his chances more then anybody else, but at the end both they were out of the race..actually senna restart and won the race, the year after same corner same accident why? because Senna was on pole and he was sabotage on the grid by prost/balestre putting senna on the dirty line. So senna did intentionally cause the accident trowing prost out of the race..different scenario altogether in my opinion;)

I kinda wanted to leave out that part, as most of us know Senna had multiple reasons as to why he went for that pass. ;)

Just wanted an opinion on the attempt in normal circumstances.

And that's what you got from me .

Back
Top Bottom