Motogp 2013 | Page 52 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motogp 2013

4 min is enough time for the Yamaha racing team manager to run to Race Direction ;)

Yamaha.PNG

Why wouldn't they have gone to race direction? I feel like everyone is really digging for a conspiracy here.

Sometimes there just isn't one.

Pretty much standard practice at this level of racing. If the opponent commits a foul you make sure the stewards are aware, find out what they're gonna do about it if anything. Knowledge is power.
For those who think one team could influence the stewards one way or another, then you have to believe that the race series is corrupt. In which case, can you believe anything that happens at all?

Why wouldn't they have gone to race direction? I feel like everyone is really digging for a conspiracy here.

Sometimes there just isn't one.

Pretty much standard practice at this level of racing. If the opponent commits a foul you make sure the stewards are aware, find out what they're gonna do about it if anything. Knowledge is power.
For those who think one team could influence the stewards one way or another, then you have to believe that the race series is corrupt. In which case, can you believe anything that happens at all?

No one is suggesting some kind of conspiracy here... I would have done the same if were at Yamaha...

No one is suggesting some kind of conspiracy here... I would have done the same if were at Yamaha...
Damn right, Lorenzo is 18 behind not 38 assuming he would have won.

Maybe, maybe not a conspiracy claim, I don't know what's in people's heads.
But for sure for sure, they're thinking Yamaha are crying babies like Jorge is a crying baby like Casey is a crying baby like Dani is a crying baby like Bridgestone is a crying baby like Cal is a crying baby. Because nobody can ever say anything negative about anything at that level. Because they're obviously living a fantasy life where everything must be perfect.

Lol, ok I'm sorry I called him gay. but I still dont like his commentating. He comes of condescending know wonder Crutchlow stole his passport last year. lol

lmao fair enough. :) I don't mind him too much but I am always a little bit anti-"the-non-ex-racer" commentators when they are next to guys that did race... like the dude on BBC F1 that is with DC and Eddie. He's alright but a bit like Matt is.

I am pretty sure him and Crutchlow are good friends though, based on that type of stuff happening! Matt is definitely the best at getting the ridiculousness coming from Cal, and that's why I like him! :)

Marquez runs into Lorenzo in spain, no penalty.
Marquez almost kills a few track workers in britain, no penalty.
Marquez runs into Pedrosa in Spain causing his crash, no penalty.

Marquez comes in 1 lap too late to switch his tires, Disqualified.

Still seem like a fair penalty?

Marquez received penalty points for two of those incidents.

Arguably? Never at any point did they say the riders would be black flagged for going outside the pit window.

Julian Ryder On Eurosport said he'd be black flagged as soon as he passed by the pit lane. So It wasn't made up on the spot.

Another interesting point early on in the race, both JL and MM's pit board were showing the same lap to pit in at.

r7tj.png

Where do you see that? It shows that he's on lap 6 in P2. I believe when it was time for the stop they put "Box" on his pit board.

Marquez received penalty points for two of those incidents.
Which did not affect his championship whatsoever despite being much more dangerous.

redridernl said:
Where do you see that? It shows that he's on lap 6 in P2. I believe when it was time for the stop they put "Box" on his pit board.
It is lap 3 showing 6 laps until pit. This shows they planned to pit on lap 9.

Which did not affect his championship whatsoever despite being much more dangerous.

It's actually lap 4 (On lap 1 it would be 19 laps to go and so on).

It's actually lap 4 (On lap 1 it would be 19 laps to go and so on).

At the end of Lap 1 the pit board would read 18 laps if it was a full length race.

On lap 3 if the board reads 6 laps remaining that means their plan was to race 9 laps on bike A and 10 laps on bike B. Etc.

The team has said their plan was always to come in after completing 10 laps, so I would take from this that their pitboard countdown was working a bit differently -> L9-1, BOX. Most people did L9-2, BOX.

It's interesting to read how people are dissecting the politics of the situation in the garage through the posted videos. Apparently only ~4 people, including Marquez, knew the strategy - which is why people in the garage knew as soon as he went by that he was finished, but Santi Hernandez was under the impression all was going to plan (he was one of the few that knew the plan). It was kept secret to gain an advantage over Pedrosa's side of the garage, which obviously went well.

At the end of Lap 1 the pit board would read 18 laps if it was a full length race.

On lap 3 if the board reads 6 laps remaining that means their plan was to race 9 laps on bike A and 10 laps on bike B. Etc.

Really? I'm pretty sure that "16 laps to go" beside the motogp logo in the picture only updates after they actually cross and start the next lap.

Really? I'm pretty sure that "16 laps to go" beside the motogp logo in the picture only updates after they actually cross and start the next lap.

Correct. Where is their pit board in relation to start/finish? Where was Marc in relation to Jorge at that point? Also, now that I think about it I think their plan was to have Dani pit at the end of the 9th lap and Marc at the end of the 10th lap. I don't know what they planned to show on the board to remind Marc to pit. I think I heard that the Repsol Honda pit was before start/finish so that the "16 laps to go" was about to read 15.

Yea, Honda Pit was located before the star/finish line.

Bike racing fans discussing PITTING strategies... OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

See what you have done to us MotoGP... F-U!!!! :lmao:

Bike racing fans discussing PITTING strategies... OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

See what you have done to us MotoGP... F-U!!!! :lmao:

Oh noes, a single race was different, the series is clearly going right downhill.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how things start going this weekend. I am thinking Pedrosa will win and 99/93 will battle for 2nd. That's my pre-weekend prediction, and it's subject to change :p.

Yea, Honda Pit was located before the star/finish line.

My understanding is that ALL pits were located before the start/finish line because the line is in a different place in the pits than it is on the track. In the pits, I believe the line is at the end of the garages.
Otherwise, if the S/F line were in the middle of the pits (in line with the S/F on the track) the half the grid would have had to pit earlier than the other half since they would have completed a lap before reaching their pit compared to those who had pits "upstream".
Hope that makes sense.

I was confused when it happened as he pitted on lap 10 but it kind of makes sense now.

Either way, they should not have DQd him. A ride-through would have been more than enough of a penalty.

The DQ just makes me think they are trying to close up the championship to make up for the cluster **** that has been this weekend.

Its the shiftlight/lights on the dash.

:eek:ccasion5:

For some reason I missed the news about Casey Stoner becoming a MotoGP legend before..

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Casey+Stoner+becomes+MotoGP+Legend

Why isn't Rossi among the legends? Is there a rule that you must retire before being nominated? Just curious, didn't find any info on that.

You misread that, it said that casey stoner was a Legendary whiner :D

Don't forget tonight

AirAsia Grand Prix of Japan

24 October 2013
Moto3FP1

20:00 - 20:40​

MotoGPFP1

20:55 - 21:40​

Moto2FP1

21:55 - 22:40​

Moto3FP2

(Fri) 00:10 - 00:50​