Most basic cellphone/plan | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most basic cellphone/plan

Where can I get this? I have wind, but new house very little to no reception. I pay $100 for 3 phones unlimited talk, text, voicemail, caller id, data.

I use 10gb of data a month.

The problem with wind is, the unlimited data is 5gb, then they throttle it after that.

It's suppose to be $5 extra per phone for pooling, but the deal with our company is no pooling charges, no regulatory fees, just $18 for unlimited Canadian calling, text and picture messaging, $30 for 5gb data, $24 for 3GB, so 42 plus HST or 48 plus HST, also no activation fees, and we get 50 percent off hardware, so if Rogers offers the phone at 200,we get it for 100. We fish isn't available at any Rogers store, we have to go through a certain company for this plan
Yes the plan I was referring to is through our corporate advantage program at work.

Yes the plan I was referring to is through our corporate advantage program at work.

What company can you get this from? We are part of a large franchise co-op with 40k+ members. I can harass them to get this deal for us. They already have all the major US companies signed up, but leave canada for last.

What company can you get this from? We are part of a large franchise co-op with 40k+ members. I can harass them to get this deal for us. They already have all the major US companies signed up, but leave canada for last.

What company is that?

Then get on it lol
It's the same as I'm paying now on Telus. Only advantage is I could share data with my gf since she's refusing to switch from Rogers (although I'd probably have to pay a bit extra). But Rogers has less coverage than I need. As far as I'm aware they have zero coverage in Yukon, Nunavut, and NWT, while Bell/Telus have coverage in some communities up there.

Still might switch to it since I only end up in those places a couple times a year at most.

Even still, the statement that all new plans have loads of data is not valid since this is a special plan that's not supposed to be available to the general public.

Did you end up picking a plan?
Sent from my RM-942_nam_canada_214 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm new here and not sure if I replied to the op or not.
If anyone else is interested, I picked up the rogers $100 pay as you go for my son. I took this option bc you can add a $5/mth 250 text option. So I just text him if I need to.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm new here and not sure if I replied to the op or not.
If anyone else is interested, I picked up the rogers $100 pay as you go for my son. I took this option bc you can add a $5/mth 250 text option. So I just text him if I need to.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

250 text a month, wish my kids were like that. They use over 5000 a month.

Where can I get this? I have wind, but new house very little to no reception. I pay $100 for 3 phones unlimited talk, text, voicemail, caller id, data.

I use 10gb of data a month.

There is a cheap antenna that you can put up to boost your signal
it's the size of one of those indoors hidef antennas (size of a small book)
google wind antenna or cell antenna
I came across it a while ago

There is a cheap antenna that you can put up to boost your signal
it's the size of one of those indoors hidef antennas (size of a small book)
google wind antenna or cell antenna
I came across it a while ago

For realz? Let me research it. I already have 4 satellite dishes up.

How would this be compatible with Wind? I'm not good with these things. Explain in more detail please!

Last edited:
250 text a month, wish my kids were like that. They use over 5000 a month.

If you have a decent data plan you can get free texting and free calling on it.

Fongo - free calls to any phone in Canada (over wifi or mobile data)
TextPlus - free SMS to any phone in Canada & US (over wifi or mobile data)

There are other options that give you free calls to the US.

I have phone supplied by my workplace so I use that for the rare personal calls I need to make (like maybe 3 a week) and use TextPlus and Fongo for everything else. I do have voice on my phone but haven't used it in over a year, same with texting but I recently took that off since I didn't use it anyway, even though they added it for free.

If you have a decent data plan you can get free texting and free calling on it.

Fongo - free calls to any phone in Canada (over wifi or mobile data)
TextPlus - free SMS to any phone in Canada & US (over wifi or mobile data)

There are other options that give you free calls to the US.

I have phone supplied by my workplace so I use that for the rare personal calls I need to make (like maybe 3 a week) and use TextPlus and Fongo for everything else. I do have voice on my phone but haven't used it in over a year, same with texting but I recently took that off since I didn't use it anyway, even though they added it for free.

We use textplus for texting the USA. When I have to call I use my work phone. We have unlimited texting and calling Canada, so no need to use an app. I just think my kids text way to much.

I was thinking of that, but not too gadget technical savvy, how do you deal with salespeople calling etc?
I never get sales calls on my cell. It's off limits somehow, not sure the explanation. Unless you give your number away like candy in contests and surveys and such, no one will bother you with their sales pitch.

I don't get any on my personal cell. Get tons on my work cell.

I found out today somehow one of my coworkers called it and left a voicemail. I found out this way that my voicemail number has been set wrong on my phone for at least several months now and didn't actually work. I had to change it to be able to check it without dialing manually.

Also, they reuse numbers so if someone had yours before and gave it out all over the place, you're gonna get a lot of calls.

Maybe I'm lucky, had the same number for 13 years and it was passed around the family for a while before that.

Maybe I'm lucky, had the same number for 13 years and it was passed around the family for a while before that.

I've had my number for almost 20 years now. And my brother still has my original phone number from around '89.
But I still get loads of wrong number calls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom