Min wage increase | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

Well I declare that a full time job should cover at least basic food, clothing and shelter to survive. The economy needs to be jigged for that or we don't live in a just society. Maybe get the SJWs off of the usual projects and on to something more pragmatic.

I would think that it actually does... what it doesn't cover is Starbucks and $10 pints of craft.

And economics declares that such a move leads to higher unemployment. Low pay? Or no pay? Not sure it's so pragmatic after all.

I think my point is that the existing min. wage should provide very basic shelter, food and clothing. It's like our society is schizo, is it every man for himself or are we a functioning community? Which is it? Presently we are so intertwined it isn't even funny. Just look at all the by-laws and tax laws. Yet all of a sudden when it comes to putting in 40hrs. we're all renegades?

In situations like these I just think about the poor small business owner in Ontario. Our government hates small business apparently, even though it employs a great majority of our workers.

I have never held a minimum wage job. Why? Because I didn't have to. Always found something that paid more, eventually settling on a job that I've made into my career.

I'm very tired of this argument that people need to make a living. Minimum wage jobs are unskilled, entry level positions meant for students, newcomers or as a temporary solution. You are not supposed work for minimum wage for 30 years of your life and then whine about it. I can't even conceive what kind of flawed mentality these people have.
I try and get into their heads. Those are the people that are hired at our company and then quit after a day or two because it's " too hard" wtf?

Here's something else that I just heard of: kid down the street getting paid "student wage" at the local grocery store because he is a student and 17. What kind of bs is that? I'm not for the raising of the min wage, but if you're gonna hire someone then they should be paid the MINIMUM WAGE imo.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I try and get into their heads. Those are the people that are hired at our company and then quit after a day or two because it's " too hard" wtf?

Here's something else that I just heard of: kid down the street getting paid "student wage" at the local grocery store because he is a student and 17. What kind of bs is that? I'm not for the raising of the min wage, but if you're gonna hire someone then they should be paid the MINIMUM WAGE imo.

Perfectly legal.

https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/minwage.php

Oh, I know. I just think it shouldn't be.
(I seem to be agreeing with a lot of your posts as of late....I should get the dr to look at my meds lol)

As @inreb and @neil_v said..yes basic living. Yet the amount of people that consider a $1000 phone and a $150/ month cell plan a necessity blows my mind.

It's unreal. My basement trolls (one family) ***** and moan about being broke while paying me almost nothing for a full apartment. This bitching is done with double frappa cappa something or other in hand.

... on a side, related none the less, house for sale in Hamilton near amenities, private listing.. looking to downsize.

Well there's the question... What's a basic living? I see homeless people surviving seemingly with no income. Surely one can live on $12/hr?

Well there's the question... What's a basic living? I see homeless people surviving seemingly with no income. Surely one can live on $12/hr?

Should be doable in the less posh areas of Ontario. This discussion should now move to lifestyle choices.

My lifestyle is frappucinos and expensive Nikes. I shall inhabit a basement apartment.

Oh, I know. I just think it shouldn't be.
(I seem to be agreeing with a lot of your posts as of late....I should get the dr to look at my meds lol)

As @inreb and @neil_v said..yes basic living. Yet the amount of people that consider a $1000 phone and a $150/ month cell plan a necessity blows my mind.

I can see both sides. From a business owner's perspective, you are getting a slight "discount" for hiring someone young with little to no past work experience and a lot of time conflicts. When I was in highschool I had a job that paid student minimum wage, absolutely hated going into work, but money is money, and when your young every line on a resume counts.

Yeah the phone thing blows my mind. I don't know how some people can "choose to afford" an $80 a month phone plan. But some people might thing spending x thousands of dollars on a motorcycle is more crazy, so who knows.

I could live on minimum wage. Of course it helps to already have everything you need and humble tastes. I hear the rat race is kinda bogus anyway.

I could live on minimum wage. Of course it helps to already have everything you need and humble tastes. I hear the rat race is kinda bogus anyway.
As soon as my house is paid off and there's a 911 turbo in the garage, I'm down with minimum wage. Freedom 45, I'm gonna work in a sports check selling shoes to high schoolers.

As soon as my house is paid off and there's a 911 turbo in the garage, I'm down with minimum wage. Freedom 45, I'm gonna work in a sports check selling shoes to high schoolers.

Sounds great except sports check plays crap house music. You couldn't pay me enough.

Your post triggered a different perspective for me.
What difference does it make when the govt will TAX you more or hit you with more fees.
So you make $12/hr or $15...makes no difference when COLA jumps...renting downtown 1 bedroom they showed the rent increased for same unit by 10% in a few months.

So you make $15/hr surviving the then whamo...new tax
And we wonder why the birth rate is low.

We also have to stop assuming everyone is able to do a higher skill job OR there are all these higher paying jobs out there.

Take home pay for someone who worked every week would be 19,721 a year, or $1643 a month. I dunno what a realistic baseline for rent would be, $600 for a room? $120 a month for TTC, somebody else fill in the rest

It's offset by hot 17 year olds.

I can offset hot 17 year olds at noon at Tim Hortons near any high school. Sorry for delayed response I just had a nap.

Taxation is theft!!

Back
Top Bottom