Marinas/Sailing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marinas/Sailing

inreb

Site Supporter
Question for marina users: what are vacancy rates like for seasonal slips? Is it a matter of waiting lists? Looking at anywhere from Honey Harbour to Goderich.

Some have multiple year waiting lists, others don't. PICK UP THE PHONE, OLD MAN

Some have multiple year waiting lists, others don't. PICK UP THE PHONE, OLD MAN

I'm just trying to get a general feel for the state of the industry. No, wait. I'm trying to get a feel for the general state of the industry. Ya, that's it.

INREB dying to show off he has or is getting a boat....at least that's what he would say if I asked the question.

INREB dying to show off he has or is getting a boat....at least that's what he would say if I asked the question.

What I have or plan to have is nothing to brag about. Trust me on this. You're stuff is really awesome tho. How do I know this?

I won't believe he has a boat until he takes me out for a ride. (will omit the understood "no homo" that would normally follow a post such as this.)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

What I have or plan to have is nothing to brag about. Trust me on this. You're stuff is really awesome tho. How do I know this?

Are you implying that Sonny brags? Sweet mother of pearl!
Damn Sonny, I think you're pretty low key. If I had cash, I may be an even bigger ahole than I am now. Well, maybe not. Just an ahole with more money. And things. And I'd show them off.
Edit: Yup. Bigger ahole. No homo.

Are you implying that Sonny brags? Sweet mother of pearl!
Damn Sonny, I think you're pretty low key. If I had cash, I may be an even bigger ahole than I am now. Well, maybe not. Just an ahole with more money. And things. And I'd show them off.
Edit: Yup. Bigger ahole. No homo.

Low key is my middle name :)

You Completely missed the joke....enjoy yelling out " hi sailor no homo!"

I won't believe he has a boat until he takes me out for a ride. (will omit the understood "no homo" that would normally follow a post such as this.)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

You'll be pleased to know I've introduced the whole "no homo" shtick at work. It's a big hit. This is my way of bragging about being employed. Of course, I don't employ people, like Sonny does.

Years ago my Uncle couldn't get a spot in an East end club that he had done the wiring for the clubhouse for,
when he switched from sail to power.

Another friend lived on a boat in Oakville for years, but eventually bought a house instead.

Like most things it's probably somewhat politically charged, and who you know might count for more than anything else. Then again they could be trying to get rid of some undesirables. :)

Like someone said above try phoning around and see what's out there.
Maybe you'll get lucky and someone here with a spot will pm you in the meantime.

Don't be this guy:
[video=youtube;Mb22mDaqSP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb22mDaqSP4[/video]
And don't be ashamed that yours is smaller than every other guy's.

Exactly. Don't say you want the sailor's dingy harder while you're bent over on your yacht. Sheesh. Do we have to explain everything to you?!

You'll be pleased to know I've introduced the whole "no homo" shtick at work. It's a big hit. This is my way of bragging about being employed. Of course, I don't employ people, like Sonny does.

Very pleased. Will take that as a compliment. Thank you.

What I really need is a marina rat/old salt/Captain Hindgrinder come on here and say "arr, slips are typically always available don't sweat it" or "that's a tough one, you'll have to jockey for position well ahead of time" or "have you ever been to sea Billy?".

Can't help, but I've got a nautical joke:

This is the actual radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation released by the chief of naval operations, 10-10-95.

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

CANADIANS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

CANADIANS: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

AMERICANS: This is the Aircraft Carrier US LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that's one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

CANADIANS: This is a lighthouse.... Your call.

What I really need is a marina rat/old salt/Captain Hindgrinder come on here and say "arr, slips are typically always available don't sweat it" or "that's a tough one, you'll have to jockey for position well ahead of time" or "have you ever been to sea Billy?".

Well, Inreb, you ever get a shimping boat, I'll be your first mate.

Back
Top Bottom