M2 riding course | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 riding course

Congrats!
Hopefully we get to see you on the road soon

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I passed LFG I’m now an M2 rider now I gotta convince my parents to let me get a bike even though they want me to put it on hold
Congrats!

Just remember, you`re not M2 until you pickup the new license from Drive Test. Police would not be happy to find you out on the 401 with an M1 paper license 😁

Congrats!

Just remember, you`re not M2 until you pickup the new license from Drive Test. Police would not be happy to find you out on the 401 with an M1 paper license 😁
Don’t worry I don’t even have a bike yet parents are being a little tough about it even though they were fine with it a few weeks back

I sat on my M2 for years while living at home saving for a condo. There isn't any real rush but it is better to get insurance history going as soon as possible for the reduced rates in the long term. Can't give you advice for parents though. Pops is a speed demon and my mom stopped worrying so very long ago lol

Don’t worry I don’t even have a bike yet parents are being a little tough about it even though they were fine with it a few weeks back
I think they were initially cool with it because.. 1) they prolly didn't think you would go thru with it.. and 2) they prolly didn't think you'd pass...

Either way.. congrats and be safe!

I was a new rider last year... and for me.. I think the most nerve racking thing was getting on the my OWN bike and trying to ride after a few weeks/months of NOT touching a bike at all... And even after I brought the bike home.. i let it sit there for a few weeks until I got the nerve to ride it everyday...

And even this year.. the start of the season.. I was worried I forgot how to ride... so from one newb to another.. Get every opportunity to ride (practise makes perfect) and treat every ride as a learning opportunity... so far.. every ride I had taken... I have learnt a thing or two.. every ride has been a reflection to myself on how I can be a better and safer rider.

Be careful, and hope to see you on the road soon!

on another note.. on your folks.. that's a tough one... so long as you are under their roof... they will be worried about you... and I am not going to sugar coat it... (may be a few more experience guys here don't agree with me...) but riding IS dangerous... I have been inches away from bumpers because the car in front decides to pull right after signaling to turn left.... slammed on the brakes miles in-front of the white lines just so they can return a text.. decides to slam on the brakes because they suddenly decide to get a donut at Tim's.... and this is me riding for like 6 months all-in-all? Its going to take a while for them to get the convincing.. good luck dude.

Last edited:
I didn't let my parents know about any of my bikes, or the fact that I had a "motorcycle" license, or that I was riding ~40,000 -50,000kms a year, until I was 45yrs old.
After 30yrs, I finally pulled into their driveway (both them standing there) and simultaneously, they screamed "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?, and lost their minds.
I said "it's a 750 Honda, do you like it?".
They hated it, and hated anything 'motorcycle'.

Unlike me.......just buy one, and bring it home.
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I got my M2 at the end of last summer and quickly bought my first bike (2017 Rebel 500).

When my parents came to my house for a visit, I just casually opened my garage door and watched the mayhem. It was glorious.
Like ripping off a Band-Aid, now they know...

If you can afford it yourself, (bike and insurance), it's a great topic to demonstrate your adulting skills (budgeting, employment, etc). Be careful not to over-demonstrate your adulting skills or you'll be forced to demonstrate your independent adulting skills.

Of course, if you are asking your parents to pay for it...

Back
Top Bottom