M2 exit -> Full M | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 exit -> Full M

I did the courses for the M1 exit and M2 exit. The only reason I went for the M2 exit was because I wanted a guaranteed pass. I lined it up nice. My license was expiring a few days after I completed the course

I would do it asap. Lots of people have an unexpected hiccup in their riding career (injury, sale of bike, financial pressure, etc) and end up in limbo with an expiring M2 and no bike to use for the test. You don't want to restart from the beginning. Once you have M, it's for life.

I saw no discount by getting M or by doing a second course. I don't mind paying the money for the course over the MTO test. More instruction never hurt anyone and the course is cheap compared to a crash (that hopefully the instruction helps you avoid).

EDIT:
Second course is also a job interview. They ask people that aren't idiots to become instructors.
This is so accurate. I ended up selling my last bike, and had an expiring M2 with no bike to take a test. I let it expire, then over a decade later, starting from scratch in terms of motorcycle license history. Hindsight, I should have gotten my full M while I could.

In 2004 when I was going for my M2 at Humber College there was this guy who had the M2 for 5 years and let it expired and now was back at the college paying $450 and starting from zero again. Get you "M". I got it at Downsview with the Ministry, the place that fails the most people in all of the GTA and everybody is scared to book it there.

If money isn't a big deal, then I'm a fan of taking the course. I think I had around 150,000km of seat time when I took my M course and there was a couple bad habits I had picked up which the course exposed. And changing those habits have literally saved me from being hit by unattentive or distracted drivers.

I also did well on the M test and was asked to become an instructor, which turned out to be an amazing experieince.

Last edited:
If money isn't a big deal, then I'm a fan of taking the course. I think I had around 150,000km of seat time when I took my M course and there was a couple bad habits I had picked up which the course exposed. And changing those habits have literally saved me from being hit by unattentive or distracted drivers.

I also did well on the M test and was asked to become an instructor, which turned out to be an amazing experieince.
I didn't pay for a college course for the M, I paid the course for the M2 because it's obligatory.

I saw no insurance benefit. They didn't ask about it, and I told them and got no reaction.
But it's nice to have it out of the way, not worrying or forgetting when M2 expires.
I did it with the ministry, saved some cash and took about 20 min's.
LOL I failed the "M" exam in 2005, being an expert rider. At Downsview. These were my errors:

1. Stopping too closely behind cars at traffic lights.
2. Riding too slow (I thought speed limit was 50, it was 60 km/h on Sheppard Ave W)
3. TTC bus was stopped and I went around it and it took off almost hitting me.
4. Slowed down crossing railroad tracks that had warning lights and barriers (why did you slow down for?)

Waited months for next try and got the same Filipino strict examiner. I passed flawlessly knowing what errors NOT to do.

I would do it asap. Lots of people have an unexpected hiccup in their riding career (injury, sale of bike, financial pressure, etc) and end up in limbo with an expiring M2 and no bike to use for the test. You don't want to restart from the beginning. Once you have M, it's for life.

I saw no discount by getting M or by doing a second course. I don't mind paying the money for the course over the MTO test. More instruction never hurt anyone and the course is cheap compared to a crash (that hopefully the instruction helps you avoid).

EDIT:
Second course is also a job interview. They ask people that aren't idiots to become instructors.
Happened to me. With 2 weeks for my M2 to expire I booked an appointment and then a damn MTO workers strike took place, lasted more than a month. Thank God the Province extended the expiry date on those that were going to expire during the strike.

I am curious... my M2 -- 18 months has not elapsed yet.. can I take the M class and go thru the M-test.. get the certificate and wait until the 18months is up then go in for an upgrade of my license from M2 to M?
This would be a lovely and smart idea, don't know why they won't let you do that?

Back
Top Bottom