Loud pipes? Grow up! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loud pipes? Grow up!

An HOA wouldn't let you park that as a *guest*? I can maybe sorta understand an HOA not permitting it to be permanently moored there (I doubt it would fit on anybody's property anyway), but they can stop a non-resident from driving through?! I don't understand why anybody puts up with HOAs, or likes them

Wouldn't even let us past the gate. Even at the insistence of the home owners who's place we were going to be parked in front of.

Heck, I've been turned away at gatehouse in some of the more exclusive communities in my work truck because they didn't want a big ugly tractor trailer cruising the neighborhood. The fact one of their homeowners was waiting for the delivery I had on my trailer was irrelevant apparently. I don't have time for that sort of BS so I just drive away and tell my dispatch to deal with the customer.

Homeowners associations and gated communities are borderline crazy.

This summer we got turned away on our scoots trying to visit the Port Abino histocal lighthouse - Google "Port Abino private road" to read the news coverage on this rediculousness. A home owner literally RAN out onto the road in front of us to stop us and threatened to call the police if we didn't "Leave immediately". I **** you not.

They probably should have thought of that before buying a house next to a 400-series highway that's been there since 1963.

The noise wasn’t from the QEW or 405. It’s from traffic along the parkway.

It’s also shared with pedestrian, cyclist buses etc.

Even the Diesel engines from the buses are tame to the constant throttle jockeys.

I ride. I have loud pipes. I live in the burbs. I get it.

But I have to say as I was out there for 3 - 4 hours with the family, I did find it annoying.

Don’t think anyone in the area is complaining. They know what they live by.

The point is, we often take our own perspective and ignore everyone else. Or dismiss them.

I can appreciate why there are communities that take a tough stand on noise and the vehicles that create them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wouldn't even let us past the gate. Even at the insistence of the home owners who's place we were going to be parked in front of.

Heck, I've been turned away at gatehouse in some of the more exclusive communities in my work truck because they didn't want a big ugly tractor trailer cruising the neighborhood. The fact one of their homeowners was waiting for the delivery I had on my trailer was irrelevant apparently. I don't have time for that sort of BS so I just drive away and tell my dispatch to deal with the customer.

Homeowners associations and gated communities are borderline crazy.

This summer we got turned away on our scoots trying to visit the Port Abino histocal lighthouse - Google "Port Abino private road" to read the news coverage on this rediculousness. A home owner literally RAN out onto the road in front of us to stop us and threatened to call the police if we didn't "Leave immediately". I **** you not.

Typically falls back on "the few who ruin it for everyone else".

In Iceland there's a plane wreck from WWII or something on a privately owned beach. So many people trashed the area with car tracks and garbage that they fenced it off at the road and you have to walk in a good almost 2km to see it now.

Another option

Instead of wishing for something way out of your realm of power (aka controlling people's choice of exhaust system), how about doing something you can affect.

Have you petitioned the HOA or the board to change the rules?

Any parent with a kid trying to nap will tell those loud pipe ********.... **** you.

LOL. Any adult that's ever tried to take a commercial flight, bus or train or walked through a shopping mall or grocery store is thinking the same thing about other people's undisciplined, ill-behaved, screaming, noisy, snivelling little *****.

LOL. Any adult that's ever tried to take a commercial flight, bus or train or walked through a shopping mall or grocery store is thinking the same thing about other people's undisciplined, ill-behaved, screaming, noisy, snivelling little *****.

lolz

I think I love you

Anybody dumb enough to buy into an HOA can suck it up and deal with it, that's your doing, has nothing to do with our loud pipes. If I ever let somebody tell me what I can't drive, what day to mow my lawn, or the minimum and maximum number of Christmas light bulbs that I must have, shoot me. LOL HOA/Condos, buying something so you can pay fees for your neighbors to tell you how to live. WTF is the deal with condos anyway? What makes people want to BUY an apartment, where they still have to pay the equivalent of rent in fees every month? I've always thought those people were dumb as ****, like why not save the purchase price and just rent an apartment.

That's why my daughter is scared of me getting mad. She knows that nothing good happens if daddy gets mad so if all else fails i pull the mad card and falls into line.

My neighbour (who doesn't ride) hates the loud pipes with a passion. His kids wakeup in the middle of the night because of them. And sometimes, i gotta say, even though im a row away/removed from him, i still hear the SS bikes sounding like theyre going insane speeds in a 50kph zone.

So while i have a bike, and i love a nice sounding pipe...i can understand where the "owner's association" is coming from. Especially in the USA where Harleys are king of moto, if you don't put a rule in a timeshare, you don't know what kind of person might be coming with his 20 biker buddies that all try to 'out-pipe' each other as they roll in.

You got me thinking, i've been wanting to visit my uncle in PA and he lives in a gated community, wonder if they have restrictions.

We had a ricky racer on a sport bike about 10 houses down the street early in the 2017 season. Loudest bike I've ever heard, absolutely earsplitting, and he'd sit on the bike in the driveway and rev it to redline just for the fun of it. You could hear this guy coming and going for almost 5 minutes and this got real tiresome at 1 in the morning. Lasted about 2 - 3 months and now bike is back to OEM or some other relatively quiet exhaust system.

If you want to do things your own way don't live in a condo or a subdivision, buy a place out in the sticks somewhere with no nearby neighbors. If you live in a higher density area then have some %^&%# consideration for your neighbors.

As for muffler modifications I say restrict incremental noise to 10% more than OEM ( or some other reasonable number ) and ban the other systems.

I agree but I am not seen the relation between lack of proper parenting and the need for attention a loud pipe user needs? are we just bringing random behaviors into the conversation?

I'll play - I would tell the same to someone trying to make a point with something completely unrelated to the topic.

I agree but I am not seen the relation between lack of proper parenting and the need for attention a loud pipe user needs?

Point is there are sources of noise that annoy all of us at some point. Might be my motorcycle or your kids. Or maybe the neighbors lawnmower or the din of sirens at midnight.

For every tender snowflake auditory identity assaulted by the sound of a motorcycle engine I bet there are ten normal people just dying to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1Sbbbd6Gk

Jesus, can you imagine??

How many laws would be fair to outlaw all sources of (subjectively) annoying noise?

Stupid point on a thread about Motorcycle noise.

Are kids annoying when they are making noise? sure but this thread isn't about that is it?

Drunks at bars, stupid people talking loud, stupid people posting, all those are things that are annoying to me, irrelevant to the point in this thread.

But hey go ahead, continue lol.

I knew that posting on a thread that would potentially have loud pipe riders could most likely bring stupid comments like yours so my bad.

Point is there are sources of noise that annoy all of us at some point. Might be my motorcycle or your kids. Or maybe the neighbors lawnmower or the din of sirens at midnight.

For every tender snowflake auditory identity assaulted by the sound of a motorcycle engine I bet there are ten normal people just dying to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1Sbbbd6Gk

Jesus, can you imagine??

How many laws would be fair to outlaw all sources of (subjectively) annoying noise?

..... What makes people want to BUY an apartment, where they still have to pay the equivalent of rent in fees every month? I've always thought those people were dumb as ****, like why not save the purchase price and just rent an apartment.

Supposedly an investment, where you can sell it when the prices go up..... hahahahahahahaha

I'd rather buy an actual house.

Supposedly an investment, where you can sell it when the prices go up..... hahahahahahahaha

A house is an investment, because all of the money you pay into it goes into it, with a condo you have the mortgage payment that goes into your investment, then what amounts to a rent payment on top of that which is burned money just like renting an apartment in the first place.

As would I, and probably a lot of other people as well. I think the issue for many people is the housing market is so expensive in some areas that condos become the stepping stone to get there. Others just don't won't to have to do yard work or property maintenance so the condo kind of becomes the best of both worlds, you own your property but have the conveniences of apartment living.

Once the house is sold, will rent an apt if I can't do maintenance/yard work. Though might have to see what the condo market is like then. If renting and condo fees are close, why tie up capital in buying a condo. I like to make my own decisions about what to do with my house/property. Condo rules could be a mill stone.

I say to the OP upgrade your stock pipes to some loud pipes and go down anyway, and buzz the crap outta that place.
That is why people get the pipes done anyhow, don't be fooled by any other reason. Just have fun do it, and enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom