Looks like free downtown parking is finished | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looks like free downtown parking is finished

... Next step is toll roads when they say we have too much congestion. Thatll cure the parking problem. Im going to zip line to work!
Same argument -- different country -- different time. Norwegian Government used this argument to justify putting tool stations in every access point into Oslo in the 80's. It will cut down on traffic, reduce congestion, clean the environment, blah, blah, blah. They promised work day tolls only, M-F 9-5. No way. Traffic just grew in volume anyway. Government found that operating the tolls part time dug too deeply into profits so tolls became 24x7.

I'd say most don't...anyone that does is in a very very small minority. Thanks though....for paying it forward.

drivers are stupid these days
too many selfish drivers and it shows on the roads

I tried the new machine
1. you better have cash (coins) I did not see a slot for paper money
2. it does print your plate # on the ticket
3. you have to pay by credit card, no debt card option

so you can't get a refund for unused time and you can't gift your ticket to a fellow driver

hmm the lack of not being able to gift has to violate some kinda human rights part of the code:D

I kind of want to gripe about it, but I live so close to downtown that I really should be riding my bicycle there all the time and not just some of the time.

Not that I want it to happen, but it'll at least encourage better behaviour on my part. Of course I expect the city doesn't give a damn about my behaviour, no matter the claims to the contrary (if the goal was to encourage more cycling and walking, charging for motorcycle parking is probably down at around #237 of the list of useful incentives). They're just hoping for the extra revenue.

Where is this new machine you talk about?
I'd like to give it a go.

I understood this was not ready yet.

drivers are stupid these days
too many selfish drivers and it shows on the roads

I tried the new machine
1. you better have cash (coins) I did not see a slot for paper money
2. it does print your plate # on the ticket
3. you have to pay by credit card, no debt card option

so you can't get a refund for unused time and you can't gift your ticket to a fellow driver

hmm the lack of not being able to gift has to violate some kinda human rights part of the code:D

Where is this new machine you talk about?
I'd like to give it a go.

I understood this was not ready yet.
Maybe he's confused by some of the private lots that use this type of machine already? I know Brickworks on Bayview has them and I've been to a few other lots that do, as well.

Anyone that complains about needing to use a credit card instead of debit needs to discover cash back credit cards. I get paid at least $50 a month by my credit card company and I don't pay them a cent (beyond what I spend on it, of course).

I suppose we will see something closer to this machine where you have m top input your license plate no. When paying.

I saw something exactly like this at George Brown College - Casa Loma the other day.

Vallejo-Ferry-Parking-Lot-Pay-Machine.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose we will see something closer to this machine where you have m top input your license plate no. When paying.

I saw something exactly like this at George Brown College - Casa Loma the other day.

Impark lots are already using them.

....and the lots at 1 Atlantic Blvd.

I hate that ABCDE keyboard. How hard is it to follow the universal standard?

....and the lots at 1 Atlantic Blvd.

I hate that ABCDE keyboard. How hard is it to follow the universal standard?
Its actually not that universal.

Theres the AZERTY keyboard.... ok its not used that much :p

And also, originally QWERTY keyboards were simply layed out that way to facilitate your typing machine and avoid continuous jamming of the typewriter keys.

(and im not even making this **** up)

/threadhaxover

I rode my bicycle to work today in preparation for this crap. Immediately I realized:

I HATE cars. They should be banned out of the the downtown core. Anywhere in the GTA where there are more than two lanes on a street one should be converted to a bicycle lane. Also, I feel an urge to buy spandex and spend 20K on a bicycle.

I can sympathize. I bicycle strictly on the street not because that's what you're legally supposed to do, but because I'm a stubborn bastard and have been cycling nearly as long as I've been alive and try to set something of an example (I even stop at stop signs! I must be an idiot!), but the way the cars in this town rip past you at high speeds as close as they can, man, I can't find it in me to blame the folks who wear a tent made of high-vis fabric and only ride on sidewalks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom