Looking for opinions on Bickle warmers from China | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for opinions on Bickle warmers from China

It depends on what you are looking for.
Something simple is about $25 as long as I have a bit of time. Then if it gets crazy the sky s the limit.
Or if it's an over night thing.
FYI, the Bickle Canadian Made warmers we do not stock a lot of. We make pretty much every set to order these days.
So ensure you do not wait until the last minute if you need this model.

I am assuming noise is the major issue? Is it really that bad? I was advised it is the best generator on a budget and paid $200 plus tax for it (on sale). It is still in the box and I have 90 days to return it.

Pretty much

If that is your budget then that genny is fine. Noisy yes, but it's a track. It's a noisy place.
Two pieces of advice. Try and get to track early, then "they" pitted beside the noisy genny. Tough titties for them. Secondly, don't run it at night. 8am to 8pm I'd say is fair game. Most only use em for warmers so that more like 9-4, depending on what group you are riding with.

My CT genny lasted 5 years and handled two seats of bickles. It wore out and bought a quieter inverter type , thankfully I could afford to.

I am assuming noise is the major issue? Is it really that bad? I was advised it is the best generator on a budget and paid $200 plus tax for it (on sale). It is still in the box and I have 90 days to return it.
You can park beside me. I have a 7000 watt non inverter welder/generator. I park as far away from people as possible. When your car windows start to shake, your getting close. Lol.

You can park beside me. I have a 7000 watt non inverter welder/generator. I park as far away from people as possible. When your car windows start to shake, your getting close. Lol.

He should just rent power from you, you have lots to spare and your fuel economy will probably not change much running 1 set of warmers or 2.

I have been going to the track for well over 30 years now. I have absolutely no problem with any generator between 8am and 4:30ish. If that's all you can afford so be it.
BUT put the generator on your side of the trailer in your pit. If you buy the 200 foot extension cord and put the generator where it does not bother you,,then that sucks. Cause for sure it will bother someone else!
ANYBODY that has an inverter style generator run it all night, but the same applies for the pit and cord ,,, it's a "race track" not a KOA Campground. If you have a problem and only have the noisy generator and need to work late with lights and tools,,, you'll get some help with a quieter one if you ask.
Just remember,,, your noise,, is in your pit. Not on the other side of your trailer or truck or 200 feet away.
And all will be fine. It's a race track so people expect noise,, just keep it close to your space.

Normally will be running 3 sets sometimes 4. I don't mind sharing at all, just means I might have to unplug the coffee maker or the microwave. :)

I do not have a problem with loud generators as long as you use common sense, pretty much what all the posters above wrote, don't turn it on once the track closes, keep it away (as much as possible from other pits (etc)

If that is what you can afford then that is what you need to buy, but if you can afford an inverted generator I would recommend making the investment up front and it will pay off in the long run.

Whatever it makes more people come to track days works for me

Thanks guys. I just bought an inverter generator because of this thread.

and Mr. Bickle, you'll have my order in the next week or so.

little hint, the hyundia genny is easy to start. if you do it right. it has a fuel pump so you only need the primer the very first time it gets started. and do not pull aggressively. a nice easy pull once you feel the compression start. I have seen people priming and pulling like crazy and no start. RTFM and apply it.

The Hyundai 2200 is rated at 65 decibels, which is the same as the Champion 1500 generator. Seems like no gains noise wise. CT sell Champion inverter 2000 for similar price of Hyundai and it is rated at 53 decibels, which is same as Honda inverter. Most generators/inverters are rated around 60 to 70 decibels with the exception of Honda, Yamaha and apparently Champion inverters. So, it seems like if you cannot afford the best, then get the cheapest because there is little to be gained by buying the middle of the pack stuff.

The Hyundai 2200

the hyundia is very quiet, and if the champion 1500 is those plastic square ones???? they are even quieter than a honda. Moe, who when he finally gets to the track used one this year, i was amazed at the purrrrrrrr that came out of it.

Back
Top Bottom