Looking for a new bed. Your experiences and recommendations? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a new bed. Your experiences and recommendations?

Just ordered an Endy with their Black friday discounts they offered.

Looking forward to it, as we already gone down the road of high end spring mattresses and it was ****.

Our current spring mattress was something like $2500 when we bought it 8-10 years ago. It started sagging about two or three years ago (FFS), and it's only incessant flipping and spinning that has kept it tolerable for as long as it has, but in the last two months I've been consistently waking up with a sore back and it was evident the sag was the issue.

Total piece of junk for such an expensive name brand mattress.

I don't expect this mattress that we ordered to last 15 or 20 years given the price point (but hey we may be surprised), but again, for $450 for a mattress with such stellar reviews it was hard to not give it a shot.

Assuming we like what we see tonight when I pop it open I am probably going to immediately order a twin size version of the same for my son as his needs to be replaced as well.

My wife is a side sleeper and... unfortunately has Multiple Sclerosis which reared its ugly head last year. Our old bed was creating a hot spot of sorts and it was not accommodating her shoulder. She is sleeping better on the Tempur and because of the way it allows you to sink somewhat you end up with more contact between the mattress and your body and with the forces distributed across a wider area you end up with less pressure. Her symptoms have lessened somewhat and she has more energy now because she is getting a better night's sleep. She normally has needed a daily nap and has only had one nap since the new mattress. This is still early days but already things are awesome with the new mattress. I am side sleeping more and consequently I am snoring less which can only be a good thing for my poor wife. We also don't feel each other moving in bed or notice when one gets in or out of bed so those sleep interruptions have been helped as well.

Life PrivatePilot I drive for a living although I don't do OTR trucking anymore. Doing that I learned to be able to sleep anywhere. There were several foam mattresses I would have been more than happy to go with but my wife's needs obviously had to be accommodated and if she is happy then life is good. :)

I had a waterbed in the past. Best sleep ever. It had a temp control so it kept the heat at set temp.
Most ppl just did not know how to set them up properly, under filled and did not know how to remove the air (use a broom stick).

You did not need a duvet, just a top sheet since the temp never changed. When you wake up, your muscles are already warm.
In winter (open window) just awesome.

Did you ever try a waterbed for her?

Price is showing up as $516 for King and $525 for Queen

Any way to get a discount?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry, I think I boobed and posted the wrong link to another one we were considering.

Heres the one one we bought. Corrected link:

https://www.amazon.ca/Classic-Brands-10-5-Inch-Innerspring-Mattress/dp/B00LJ7CUKQ

I'm laying on it right now. So far so good, feels comfy and the memory foam is very evident. I was amazed at how tiny the box was - vacuum packed and rolled, amazing. I'll post pictures tomorrow eve, and will post a "first nights sleep" update in the morning.

So, following up. Here's the parcel as it arrived on our doorstop. As you can see, FedEx Freight munged the outer packaging pretty severly, but the mattress itself was packaged well - inside both a vacuum seal bag (which was the most important part of it being compressed), and then further again wrapped a full 3 or 4 times in a thicker heavy duty plastic. The combination of both saved the actual mattress from any damage or dirt in the end.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It weighed just about 100 pounds...remember, king sized. Me and my son got it upstairs (still in compressed sausage form) with relative ease despite the grumblings of a 19 year old being asked to actually do anything physical. ;)

Once we got it onto the box spring I started to unwrap the heavy plastic outer wrap - it readily started to unroll and eventually layed mostly flat...however once I cut open the vacuum bag the magic really started and it quickly expanded to near full size inside of only a few minutes. About 20 minutes later it looked like the photo below....not quite at 100% yet, but we left it for a few hours more and it had filled out 100% as the foam completely expanded.

3.jpg

I reassembled the bed (we took the new mattress as an opportunity to rearrange our bedroom a little) and we slept on it the same night.

I was impressed! The memory foam is very evident as I felt the mattress conforming to my body...and for the first time in a long while I work up without any aches and pains.

It's somewhere on the medium firm side I'd say - not so plush that you sink into the memory foam and can't move, but not so hard that it creates pressure points either. Reading the reviews its seems the consensus is that it's on the firm side, but some people who were obviously sleeping on something akin to a piece of plywood complained it was too soft. YMMV.

Like any new bed I think it'll take a few nights to really get used to it, but all in all....for $450 delivered from California (for a King!), well....we're happy to far. Longevity remains to be seen.

Just ordered an Endy with their Black friday discounts they offered.

Curious how your experience has been with the Endy so far?

Following up on my last post, still happy! I must admit I was a little concerned on night 2 & 3 as I did wake up a bit sore but I think that it was just my body adjusting from our old saggy POS to the new mattress. It's also very likely that we rushed sleeping on it and it hadn't actually expanded fully yet given how compressed it was. Some suggested letting the mattress sit for a few days before sleeping on it so all the foam can fully expand, which given how cold it was when we brought the mattress inside would probably have been a not bad idea.

Several weeks later I'm loving it - super comfortable, quiet, and supportive - I've been sleeping better than I have in a long time.

Personally, I find it quite on the firm side, so for those who like a plush squishy mattress you probably wouldn't like it. My wife on the other hand seems to find it "medium", so it goes to show you that things like this are subjective.

Overall, for $400...super pleased. Again, longevity is my main concern now, but only time will tell that.

Why does everybody ignore a good boxspring under the mattress these days? Not sleek enough for the cellophaned art next to the bed crowd? No labels attached to them?
Yes even with a latex memory foam bowling ball proof gel underlay mattress...a boxspring still helps.

And I just assumed everybody used couches for crazy monkey sex (futons just don't hold up to the abuse).

They also sell them in half-height too...I've gone one under my Kingsdown coil mattress. Given the mattress itself is quite thick (given the coils and the memory foam stuff they put on top of that which adds maybe 2-3"), it puts things at the regular height for a bed.

Really like the Kingsdown too, as it still conforms a bit for side sleeping, but after the 2-3" inches it's firm like a regular mattress for support.

Overall, for $400...super pleased. Again, longevity is my main concern now, but only time will tell that.

I might have missed it but are you using a box underneath your new mattress? Or something else

I might have missed it but are you using a box underneath your new mattress? Or something else

We are using the old box spring set from the pre-existing mattress. It was in good shape.

About a week into using the Endy, and cant believe how comfortable it is compared to our old $1500 mattress.

I find it a little warm, ( but thats just me )

Back
Top Bottom