Looking for a cheap appraiser for vintage insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a cheap appraiser for vintage insurance

Relax

Anyone know a dirt cheap appraiser? The bike isn't valuable, I just need one to get vintage insurance on it, which will make it worth plating again compared to standard insurance. Obviously must be cheap enough not to offset the insurance savings. I've had a Honda dealer appraise it before for free, but apparently that's not good enough - it has to be from an "accredited" or "licensed" appraiser, whatever that means (I've asked for clarification). Yes, I'm aware of the restrictions, which are a whole lot less restrictive than it just sitting in my garage.

What's cheap? Where are you? There are a lot around. There used to be one that did an online appraisal, you send him pics and money and he'd send you the paperwork. Not sure if he is still around. Link below is an appraiser from a previous GTAM thread.

EDIT:
Appraisalontario.com says they start at $22 but their website is hurting, not sure if they are active.

I think I'll know a cheap price when/if I find it, but off the bat $250 is too expensive, since that's about the difference between vintage and standard. Which reminds me, I need to ask if I need to re-appraise every 3 years (they said they would accept a 3 year old appraisal if I had one). I'm in Port Credit, but can take it anywhere with my trailer. An online appraisal would be the most convenient, though. Will check the links. Thanks!

Just based on my experience its worthwhile to find someone who knows about Motorcycles. I recently had a RD350LC done and the first guy came back with $850. He got $60 for pulling a number out of his ass and got offended when I pulled up some Ebay listings that had just sold. The second guy was $7500 which is maybe a little high. I would expect that for an original bike.

Unfortunately I'm not in the GTA at the moment so can't help with a name

Just based on my experience its worthwhile to find someone who knows about Motorcycles. I recently had a RD350LC done and the first guy came back with $850. He got offended when I pulled up some Ebay listings that had just sold. The second guy was $7500 which is maybe a little high. I would expect that for an original bike.

Unfortunately I'm not in the GTA at the moment so can't help with a name
He may want the first guy. It sounds like he just wants liability so he can ride it. On the other hand, using the second guy with an agreed value policy isn't terrible either.

He may want the first guy. It sounds like he just wants liability so he can ride it. On the other hand, using the second guy with an agreed value policy isn't terrible either.
True. I was looking for replacement value.

Although I remember getting a quote from Dalton Timmis a few years ago and they said I only needed an appraisal if I wanted theft or comprehensive.

I went through this last year with my Laverda to get classic insurance. There was a cheap guy on Kijiji from Barrie but he didn't respond and no longer on there. In the end I stumped up the $250 to Maurice Bramhall @ Associates and ended up telling the guy what to value it at.

Back
Top Bottom