Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch

The one I got is automatic and most of them are, as well. If it's anything else, it'll say so on the product page. These Vostoks are designed to meet all the specs with zero maintenance for 10 years. After that, you can buy an entire movement for the price of an Omega main spring or a new watch for $20 extra. Don't ask how much the 5 year service for my Omega will run me... My *** is hurting just thinking about it lol

If you need service give this guy a call http://watch-repairs.vrx.net/. He has serviced numerous watches for me including Rolex, Tudor, Longines, Omega, Poljot, Tissot, GP, etc. Expect a price that is much cheaper than what it costs to send it to Omega, etc. Work is top notch, I have used him to fix watches that are entirely broken and to clean and service running ones.

It has been a few years since I had anything serviced by him, hopefully he is still up and running. He operates out of his home so there is no store front (you call, set an appointment to drop it off or ship it to him).

Those types know how to sniff out money.. Trust me, they know :cool:

works both ways, red soled pumps, Carolina Herrera clutch, yes Honey you can buy me a drink. (never ever happens to me) . On the cab ride home when I say to my buddies,( also girl less), did you see the way she looked at me?? Yeah we all saw it, she was wondering who spotted you the $20 cover to get in.....

If you need service give this guy a call http://watch-repairs.vrx.net/. He has serviced numerous watches for me including Rolex, Tudor, Longines, Omega, Poljot, Tissot, GP, etc. Expect a price that is much cheaper than what it costs to send it to Omega, etc. Work is top notch, I have used him to fix watches that are entirely broken and to clean and service running ones.

It has been a few years since I had anything serviced by him, hopefully he is still up and running. He operates out of his home so there is no store front (you call, set an appointment to drop it off or ship it to him).

Good point. Shane's a good guy and I took my Omega to him, but it had a malfunction that he couldn't get the parts for (only available to official Omega service facilities), so now, my Seamaster is with another shop that claims to be able to get the parts. If they can't, then I'll just have to put off the repair unti I have some extra cash. A couple of major expenses coming up.

Here is my contribution: 395 Parts, Piguet chronograph with flyback and perpetual 18/50 made with display back
DSC_1779m.JPG

DSC_1788.JPG

BB

Last edited:
Good point. Shane's a good guy and I took my Omega to him, but it had a malfunction that he couldn't get the parts for (only available to official Omega service facilities), so now, my Seamaster is with another shop that claims to be able to get the parts. If they can't, then I'll just have to put off the repair unti I have some extra cash. A couple of major expenses coming up.

Is it a coaxial movement by chance?

Fun thread. Some really nice and interesting watches out there.

Never understood the fascination with watches, though. The high dollar ones are nice, no doubt, but there's no way I could ever afford one, or more importantly, justify the expense. I'd rather have another motorbike, or three.

That said, I wear a cheap sixty five buck Casio for work. Sort of an Omega rip off? Also a Fossil something or other for casual. Was someone making fun of G-Shocks earlier? Yep, I have one of those, too. :D

Since coming back to motorcycles a few years ago, I've given up on watches completely, except for work or special occasions. The damn watches are too bulky and uncomfortable with my jacket and gloves. Plus, I beat them. I've only worn the Fossil a few times, and it looks all used up!

10e0uia.jpg

doqr6r.jpg

g-100-1bv-b.jpg

It is hard to explain but a fine watch is a piece of art that is usable, sort of like high end cars etc. It is not just about the function it is about the form. Why have a real Picasso when you can buy hundreds of thousands of prints of the same painting or maybe something some starving artist does... They are not for everyone.

Most cheap quartz watches will keep significantly better time than high end COSC (certified chronometer) mechanical watches, but time keeping is not entirely the point here! Most quartz watches will be more durable.

As for status symbol, if that is the motivating factor, some food for thought (no judgement on the good or bad of the points, just how I and many others see them).

-Some people will look at your watch as a symbol of your status in society, but of course the watch is just one of the symbols (as other noted, shoes, clothes, car, etc.). A fine watch, with other things, also displays that you are in the "club" so to speak (whatever 1%er or secret club that is...). If you appear to have money good or bad you are treated differently in life.

-What I will do, if I know a client is a Rolex man or an Omega man, I will wear the same brand to the meeting. It is an in, short and simple.

-I have made some fantastic friends and business contacts just by being in the fine watch circles. The same can be said for other luxury items (cars, cigars, boats).

-They can be fixed. I have a 1971 Rolex and a 1969 Omega, no problems getting them repaired, no problems getting replacement parts. This is not the case with cheaper watches.

-Most people can buy a Rolex (just using Rolex as one of many possible examples) BUT how many can afford one (buying and affording are two different things)? Being able to afford one means you are not preoccupied with its well being because it is not a lot of money to you (for what it is). Someone who cannot afford something will be totally preoccupied about damaging it because in the end it was a lot of money to them. This usually shows BTW. Goes for any expensive item (clothes, car, etc.). As a parallel example, a friend bought a new BMW many years back, he could buy it (saved up) but not afford it...everywhere we went all he could think about is where he parked the car, what was happening to the car, what kind of soap he used on the car, etc... he simply could not afford that car. No saying smashing the damn watches, but not being totally preoccupied that it will get scratched (actually wearing it for diving, sport, etc.). There are also costs to maintain them...

-Buying a fake watch, it may fool most people, the copies are getting very good I must admit. They are getting so good they are becoming an issue for collectors. If it is a common model usually another owner will be able to spot it, there are usually giveaways. If it is spotted as a fake (or if you admit it) you will be judged... as an example I killed a multimillion dollar deal a few years back, deciding factor, the sales guy was wearing a fake Omega Seamaster Pro (I have the real one). The other almost near equal (very close) vendor was not... If we was wearing a Casio he would have gotten the deal and near a hundred grand in commission, maybe use that to buy the real one (BTW about six months later he was unemployed due to the lost deal). Short of it is, fake watch = greasy, what else is greasy about the deal? How can you trust someone who is trying to pull a fast one about his (or her) status? There are many nice respectable watches for the price of a good fake, why try to pretend you are not what you are, you do not need a fake to be someone.

^^ Kidding right? If you make or break deals because of the brands someone sports then that says way more about you than the person you're judging. I used to have a fake Tag, it was a great fake, but I also used to love telling people that my sister got it for me from China just so I could see their faces fall. It was amusing.

You can buy fashion...you can't buy style or class.

Fun thread. Some really nice and interesting watches out there.

Never understood the fascination with watches, though. The high dollar ones are nice, no doubt, but there's no way I could ever afford one, or more importantly, justify the expense. I'd rather have another motorbike, or three.

Lol...you sound like my old man except the only thing he likes to spend his money on is booze.

He ******* out my mom to the point of almost returning it when she spent a few thousand bucks and got him Tag, then he would just leave the thing laying around, wear it all day...after a year it looked like **** and I went and spent $150 to have it professionally polished.

After that I got him a $80 Seiko beater off e-bay and he loooooves the thing...just because he does whatever he wants and no ****s given :lmao::lmao: . He even sent it in for an adjustment and it was free...Now the Tag just spins on the winder collecting dust. Too bad its an old man watch or I'd long have taken it...

The Tag

41s1H7820FL.jpg

The Seiko

snkg98j1_03_2.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Kidding right? If you make or break deals because of the brands someone sports then that says way more about you than the person you're judging.

Princess's Man thinks that what backmarkerducati's doing isn't so far-fetched. Just think about how many times you've made decisions based on trivial matters: giving job applicants greater weight because of good looks, their hair, height, weight, skin colour, or choosing to socialize with people who look and dress the same as you.

The competition out there is just too similar, and most are just as good, that decisions are often made on small things. Princess's Man thinks that's just the way things are.

^^ Kidding right? If you make or break deals because of the brands someone sports then that says way more about you than the person you're judging. I used to have a fake Tag, it was a great fake, but I also used to love telling people that my sister got it for me from China just so I could see their faces fall. It was amusing.

You can buy fashion...you can't buy style or class.

Decision was based on the sales guy's dishonesty. As noted, if he was wearing anything but a fake there would have been no issue. Dishonesty was the deciding factor, say it with me... dishonesty.

Not much different them him putting Ducati emblems on a Hyosong so people thinks he has a Ducati...

Decision was based on the sales guy's dishonesty. As noted, if he was wearing anything but a fake there would have been no issue. Dishonesty was the deciding factor, say it with me... dishonesty.

Not much different them him putting Ducati emblems on a Hyosong so people thinks he has a Ducati...

ever considered he liked the look but was smart enough not to play into the slick marketing and pay more than a fools ransom for a watch?

Hey guys I am in the jewellery industry. I always get offered fine watches.. If you guy's are looking for something specific let me know. Probably can save you quiet a bit $

I don't mind posting the offers I get along with prices. Not sure if the "board of directors" will mind though :) so if you want just contact me.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Hey guys I am in the jewellery industry. I always get offered fine watches.. If you guy's are looking for something specific let me know. Probably can save you quiet a bit $

I don't mind posting the offers I get along with prices. Not sure if the "board of directors" will mind though :) so if you want just contact me.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Speedmaster Moon or one of the variations, gimme gimme :)

I understand where you're coming from, it just means that they like living a lie & would easily tell one.

Its also tacky with fakes. I wouldn't wear a fake if I know it was an important event in my life with lots of spectators

Back
Top Bottom