Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 196 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
When being assaulted by police I cannot say, in good conscience, that I would not try to fight back myself, regardless of what my reasoning mind might tell me.

Well you better get your **** together because fighting back will just make it worse and longer. I've thought about this and concluded, in the event of unwarranted police beating, I would make it my lifes mission to exact the most damaging revenge possible. This would give my life the purpose and meaning I've always yearned for. Win/win.

The narrative I heard says that they were looking for a burglary suspect. The victim made the mistake of ignoring police orders to stop and continuing toward his car. That played into the officers' suspicions.

Toronto Police says the following:

"Toronto police spokesperson Mark Pugash acknowledged that Bola was wrongly arrested but said the context of the arrest is important. Just three minutes before his arrest, police received a 911 call about a man with a knife and that description matched that of Bola, Pugash said in an interview.

Pugash disputed family claims that the two officers were responding to a call about an attempted burglary in the area."

I don't think this guy ignored police orders to stop, because they approached him at gun point. If he had ignered them, he would be dead a la Sammy Yatim.

The bottom line is, when policing styles and approaches are concerned, it's like we live in the USA and not in Toronto anymore.

Toronto cops are following the "shoot first, ask questions later" style, and it's critical to fix that now. Do they get enough training? Is the training deficient? They burn a billion dollar budget every year... 90 % goes to salaries, how much goes to training? The officers still seem to be ill prepared to deal with the public.

Edit: Ultimately, maybe this is a matter of accountability (no consequences to their actions), and governance over the officers (no supervisory oversight)

Last edited:
The officers still seem to be ill prepared to deal with the public.

Did you see the video they posted on their FB page that was saying something like, "Look at the crap we have to deal with?" and it was two guys bugging the cops for reasons why they couldn't walk down a specific street? Not sure if it was posted in this thread. Anyway, the comments were full of people being like, "Good on the cops for dealing with this so well. I would've punched them." The cops thought this painted them in a good light. But when I watched it all I was wondering was why they didn't simply answer the question. Instead they were just like, "Because we are the police and we said so." Maybe if they told the guys why they couldn't go down a specific street they would've backed off. I've encountered the same before where they blocked a road I was driving/riding on and made me turn around. When I tried to ask why they just said, "Road's closed. Turn around." If they said something like, "There's a huge accident and we needed to close the road." It would come off much nicer. Takes so little effort to be a little friendlier.

Then again, maybe I just missed it in the video. It was kind of long and boring, lol.

Toronto Police says the following:

"Toronto police spokesperson Mark Pugash acknowledged that Bola was wrongly arrested but said the context of the arrest is important. Just three minutes before his arrest, police received a 911 call about a man with a knife and that description matched that of Bola, Pugash said in an interview.

Pugash disputed family claims that the two officers were responding to a call about an attempted burglary in the area."

I don't think this guy ignored police orders to stop, because they approached him at gun point. If he had ignered them, he would be dead a la Sammy Yatim.

The bottom line is, when policing styles and approaches are concerned, it's like we live in the USA and not in Toronto anymore.

Toronto cops are following the "shoot first, ask questions later" style, and it's critical to fix that now. Do they get enough training? Is the training deficient? They burn a billion dollar budget every year... 90 % goes to salaries, how much goes to training? The officers still seem to be ill prepared to deal with the public.

Edit: Ultimately, maybe this is a matter of accountability (no consequences to their actions), and governance over the officers (no supervisory oversight)

My biggest issue, as I said in a previous post, was that their actions in striking him and kicking him did nothing to bring him under control. They were superfluous. One might even say gratuitous. If they were truly worried about him having a weapon, they were giving him a great opportunity to use it.

Did you see the video they posted on their FB page that was saying something like, "Look at the crap we have to deal with?" and it was two guys bugging the cops for reasons why they couldn't walk down a specific street? Not sure if it was posted in this thread. Anyway, the comments were full of people being like, "Good on the cops for dealing with this so well. I would've punched them." The cops thought this painted them in a good light. But when I watched it all I was wondering was why they didn't simply answer the question. Instead they were just like, "Because we are the police and we said so." Maybe if they told the guys why they couldn't go down a specific street they would've backed off. I've encountered the same before where they blocked a road I was driving/riding on and made me turn around. When I tried to ask why they just said, "Road's closed. Turn around." If they said something like, "There's a huge accident and we needed to close the road." It would come off much nicer. Takes so little effort to be a little friendlier.

Then again, maybe I just missed it in the video. It was kind of long and boring, lol.

There are times that police can't tell you why, as part of their mandate when performing an investigation. I did see the video that you are talking about, but can't remember the specific situation it entailed.

On the ground, just keeps shooting him. FML

https://youtu.be/Ix2N6_jLAgA?t=5m20s

You forgot to add the criminal accomplices.
http://www.surenews.com/controversi...cam-video-of-laquan-being-murdered-by-police/

If this was bikers, the charges would be murder for everyone involved and then labelled a "criminal organization".

And while we were focused on the states, we have plenty of criminal cops getting charged up here, we don't even need to post american content, i can easily fill this section with Cdn criminals, https://ca.news.yahoo.com/two-brunswick-police-officers-charged-mans-shooting-death-141449228.html
The reason we don't notice is because they bury the news deep or quickly brush it aside so we don't find out how high the percentage of criminals really is behind the blue wall.

Funny i don't see any of our resident robots defending anything in here. Truth doesn't lie.
That's because the examples are crystal clear, plainly obvious, terribly damaging to their reputation, and they hate the fact that video is exposing their criminal activity.
Imagine how many innocent people went to jail or died before video cameras due to corruption.
It's a good thing we don't have a pie chart to display the percentage of good cops, there would only be one piece of pie left.
This is what happens when you train people with low i.q's to be brainwashed robots in fear of everything.
Now it's all about the paycheck and self entitlement, no one becomes a cop to be a nice person and serve the public anymore, it's about acting tough and imposing authority over peons.
You only have to hear the locker room talk to know they live for three things, the chance to beat some heads (g20, fights etc) a good car chase adrenaline rush(to abuse some equipment to get it replaced) and the pinnacle for the lowest denominator, shooting a human.

Funny, locker room in the gym is dead quiet with the cops I know in it these days. I know I talked about overhearing the two cops talking about "beating the hippies" (direct quote) back the week before the G20, those same cops don't talk to anyone anymore. It seems that the public opinion on cops has changed a lot in the last five years. They're not welcome in polite society anymore and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

Funny, locker room in the gym is dead quiet with the cops I know in it these days. I know I talked about overhearing the two cops talking about "beating the hippies" (direct quote) back the week before the G20, those same cops don't talk to anyone anymore. It seems that the public opinion on cops has changed a lot in the last five years. They're not welcome in polite society anymore and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

Fostering an "us and them" attitude can't do good things for police relations.

That's far from the point here, the object is to shine the light on a huge problem that's growing fast.
I would love to see the police purge all the bad seeds, but that won't happen because the problem has a far deeper explanation that starts way up the pyramid.
MK Ultra at work here, look it up.

Unfortunately, it's always the case that when you see an 'us and them' situation, it's too late. :sad1:

Humanity is supposed to be one team. I don't think police see it that way -- and when you question them about it, all you get are explanations, rationalizations and assertions that 'we' simply don't understand how 'tough' it is for them. :sad11:

It seems that the public opinion on cops has changed a lot in the last five years. They're not welcome in polite society anymore and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

I KNOW it's not a good thing. This isn't how it should be. Whatever positive things that the police try to do are destroyed by situations with evidence that is plain for everyone to see.

That's far from the point here, the object is to shine the light on a huge problem that's growing fast.
I would love to see the police purge all the bad seeds, but that won't happen because the problem has a far deeper explanation that starts way up the pyramid.
MK Ultra at work here, look it up.

Actually it's bang on the point. Support the good. Decry the bad. If an us vs. them attitude is fostered then the good cops will have no reason to come forward.

I don't need to look up MK Ultra.

Actually it's bang on the point. Support the good. Decry the bad. If an us vs. them attitude is fostered then the good cops will have no reason to come forward.

I don't need to look up MK Ultra.

If the dog takes a poo in the house 5 times over the year, i would scold it and say "no,no,no, BAD dog" ...every time.
I don't need to go outside the other 360 days and tell the dog how good he is.

More importantly, we aren't talking about the garbage man forgetting your house, these guys go into the force because they want to help people (presumably) and they swore an oath to set the highest example unless i'm mistaken.
These aren't minor infractions here, this thread has more serious crimes than most novels.

Here's another analogy to simplify things, if you own a business, hire a loss prevention officer and he's the only one stealing from you, should he be suspended with pay? keep his job if he says he's sorry? Or be charged as the thief he is?

Back
Top Bottom