Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 177 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
So, this cop gets busted at the border with booze and is put on “paid” leave earning over $93,000 per year for four years while her case is debated. HOLY FRIG, how do I get a job like that?

Plus...
She’s also been in therapy to deal with the “public humiliation and shame” brought on by constant media scrutiny over the case, including the fact she gets paid while suspended.”
And I’ll bet her visits to the shrink are paid for by the Winsor area taxpayers too.

If she hadn’t been suspended, he said Nesbeth would likely have been promoted by now, so she’s lost out on a $14,000 a year raise.”
Oh My Gawd, that’s like $270 per week. I haven’t received $14000 in raises in total over the past 15+ years. FRAK ME! How can I get her job??

But the truly scary comment in that article was:
Nesbeth was off duty at the time of the incident, unlike other officers who committed “much more serious” transgressions while on duty and still have their jobs.”

If I were a Winsor area taxpayer I’d be asking a whole lot of questions about that police force.

If she was a white male she wouldn't be fighting termination.

Crusin’ if you are correct that makes my last comment more poignant.
However, not knowing the particulars surrounding the other officers or their cases makes your statement not salient.

I worked in a government office where the commissioner routinely practiced reverse sexism. Male staff received harsher punishments then their female counter parts for the same infractions. Female staffers, especially those he’d work with before were given perks and promotions over equally qualified males.

However, not knowing the particulars surrounding the other officers or their cases makes your statement not salient.

I worked in a government office where the commissioner routinely practiced reverse sexism. Male staff received harsher punishments then their female counter parts for the same infractions. Female staffers, especially those he’d work with before were given perks and promotions over equally qualified males.

Yes but was there an Old boys club in the government office?

Well at the very least the media seems to think that evading liquor import duties is a more egregious violation of the public trust than three counts of breach of trust and obstruction of justice :(

She is not. I know male cops that have been let go for less and it took days, not years. At least one of them is innocent, but what are you going to do. Which reminds me, I need to look up my friend that used to be in HR at one of the forces, haven't talked to her in about two years. Time is going by really fast anymore :/

In most places that would be true but Windsor ain't most places

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/opinion/jarvis-are-cops-held-to-a-different-standard

That gal just has a very strong case of entitlement is all

I dunno, that link kind of proves my point, it lists 4 officers that victimized people in windsor (some physically) and had minor slaps on the wrist, the other 2 male officers were guilty of the same thing she did, a victimless crime of not paying taxes on imports. So it looks like to me as long as you don't steal from the government you're golden in windsor. I'm not saying she should keep her job, the others just seem to almost get away with murder.

I dunno, that link kind of proves my point, it lists 4 officers that victimized people in windsor (some physically) and had minor slaps on the wrist, the other 2 male officers were guilty of the same thing she did, a victimless crime of not paying taxes on imports. So it looks like to me as long as you don't steal from the government you're golden in windsor. I'm not saying she should keep her job, the others just seem to almost get away with murder.

The other offending officers are part of the club and she isn't.
The only big pass that she got on this is that CBSA brass deemed it worthwhile to have their members mysteriously loose all their notes about her offense and subsequent behavior after being caught

roadside car impounding should be stopped for the "stunting" charges. you are being punished before being found guilty.

roadside car impounding should be stopped for the "stunting" charges. you are being punished before being found guilty.

Still don't know how this "law" stands.

Still don't know how this "law" stands.

in respect to the opp dude. lets say he's found guilty. what happens to his 3 or more victims ? you cant take back whats already been taken.

in all other tickets you have a chance to defend yourself. Obviously they can haul a DUI off the road. but something as simple as speeding, or lifting a wheel off a ground ...

This doesn't eliminate the chance that his victims might sue him civilly. It's more of a slam dunk when there's a criminal conviction though.
All his victims had their charges withdrawn and were compensated for their expenses. I highly doubt they will sue. What I am sure of, is that Mahoney-Bruer will be suing...
Internal affairs and crown butchered this investigation from the beginning. There was no reason to rush the arrest, considering they had so much more on him.....

All his victims had their charges withdrawn and were compensated for their expenses. I highly doubt they will sue. What I am sure of, is that Mahoney-Bruer will be suing...
Internal affairs and crown butchered this investigation from the beginning. There was no reason to rush the arrest, considering they had so much more on him.....

I'd like to know how the judge came to this decision.

if all three drivers were compensated for their troubles, thats an obvious sign that he did it....lol

and this guy has been getting paid sincce 2009 ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom