KTM 2T, EFI; They have done it! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 2T, EFI; They have done it!

You said you weren't going to do that?! Good choice.

Ive said for years that if they bring out a fuel injected 2t that I would then buy a new bike, I guess the time has come. I'll give it a year and see how it works.
Yes but after selling both dirt Bikes and thinking about how little more I have to put down for a new bike and how I don't have to worry about the previous owner maintenance of lack there off I had to pull the trigger. It came down to finances and they happen to work out :)... or maybe I made them work lol

Back to topic, here is a good video in the subject.

https://youtu.be/e8LgPoCQVCk

You said you weren't going to do that?! Good choice.

Ive said for years that if they bring out a fuel injected 2t that I would then buy a new bike, I guess the time has come. I'll give it a year and see how it works.
I will probably do the same if the EFI has no issues.

Thanks KTM, sounds like I might be able to buy a yz250x used for a decent price next season.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yes but after selling both dirt Bikes and thinking about how little more I have to put down for a new bike and how I don't have to worry about the previous owner maintenance of lack there off I had to pull the trigger. It came down to finances and they happen to work out :)... or maybe I made them work lol

Back to topic, here is a good video in the subject.

https://youtu.be/e8LgPoCQVCk

Good choice! Did you name drop when you went in there? Be honest lol.

My 04 250 will be passed to Sarah and I'll restore it. Needs nothing but some shiny parts and she'll be happy.

Ill be glad to not have to open up a carb trail side and mess with jets the first few rides to get it right. Also not mixing gas! I think that's the most exciting part lol.

Nam's is a fx

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ewww. Just kidding Nam, the 4t is pretty sweet too but I am a 2t guy... can't help it.

Good choice! Did you name drop when you went in there? Be honest lol.

My 04 250 will be passed to Sarah and I'll restore it. Needs nothing but some shiny parts and she'll be happy.

Ill be glad to not have to open up a carb trail side and mess with jets the first few rides to get it right. Also not mixing gas! I think that's the most exciting part lol.
Lol please I know them way before you...

I probably would've bought the YZ250X like Dave and Paulo if it had FI. Hopefully Yamaha will follow suit with EFI, I am not a fan of the orange bikes.

I probably would've bought the YZ250X like Dave and Paulo if it had FI. Hopefully Yamaha will follow suit with EFI, I am not a fan of the orange bikes.

Once the bike is jetted it's pretty darn foolproof. I think I've fouled 3 or 4 plugs on my bike in 10 years. The whole draining the carb thing is a bit of a pain but if you do proper maintenance on your bike at the end of the season it takes a whole 15min to tear the carb off, and that's if you don't know what your doing.

ZX600, make sure you pull the linkage/swingarm/steering head off before you ride your new bike. I'll bet you a bag of chips there's nowhere near enough in there and the bearings will be junk after a season.

ZX600, make sure you pull the linkage/swingarm/steering head off before you ride your new bike. I'll bet you a bag of chips there's nowhere near enough in there and the bearings will be junk after a season.
Yea absolutely. Dave already recommended the same thing. Thanks

Once the bike is jetted it's pretty darn foolproof. I think I've fouled 3 or 4 plugs on my bike in 10 years. The whole draining the carb thing is a bit of a pain but if you do proper maintenance on your bike at the end of the season it takes a whole 15min to tear the carb off, and that's if you don't know what your doing.

Oh crap, I didn't drain the carb for my wife's dirt bike or the 530. Perfect example of why I need EFI.

I know it's not a big deal, but it's just a preference for me especially since I plan on trailering and riding in places with varying elevation.

Anyone planning on buying the 2018 EFI 2T?

Not me lol

Anyone planning on buying the 2018 EFI 2T?

Even if you have the dough and don't mind to be in the first wave, it will probably be difficult to obtain in Canada ... hard to believe it will not be very limited supply in our market.

Thanks for that. I've always used the term but couldn't answer why lol.

Well it's a good thing I didn't ask you when I was wondering! ?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Even if you have the dough and don't mind to be in the first wave, it will probably be difficult to obtain in Canada ... hard to believe it will not be very limited supply in our market.
I doubt that, the 2t ktm's sell very well here. Don't see why we'd get only a limited supply, at least any more so than any other year.
Honestly won't affect me anyway as I'm not in the market for a $10000+ dirtbike at the moment. Sure wish I was though.

I doubt that, the 2t ktm's sell very well here. Don't see why we'd get only a limited supply, at least any more so than any other year.
Honestly won't affect me anyway as I'm not in the market for a $10000+ dirtbike at the moment. Sure wish I was though.

The article says: "In the USA and Canada, the new 2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI will be available in very limited quantities in late fall,” said Joachim Sauer, KTM Product Marketing Manager.

The 2019 bikes should be readily available.

Back
Top Bottom