Knowing (Used) Motorcycle Pricing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Knowing (Used) Motorcycle Pricing

The key is to find someone who really wants to sell, read ... to get rid of the bike, because that's a seller who will deal. There's a lot of disillusional people on used Ontario bike market who will sit on their stock (they think they are selling a golden egg) waiting for the uneducated idiot who walks in and give them more less their ridiculous asking price for their old bike. I think most stuff on Kijiji is really not for sale, it's just people checking how stupid the market is ...

People in the GTA ask way too much, generally speaking.

Deals can be found if you're patient, actively looking and willing to drive a bit. And by mean looking, I mean going to view the bike in person. Not many people will negotiate via email before you've seen the bike.

Get familiar with the market for your specific bike, do a couple weeks of searches. Don't limit your search to a specific city you might not be seeing a hidden gem. Prices will be lower where there is less of a demand.

It's a ten year old bike, pretty mainstream bike ... when new they cost probably what 7-8K OTD ... I would not call it a great price, rather just OK. Plus Colinwood is not GTA ...

It's a ten year old bike, pretty mainstream bike ... when new they cost probably what 7-8K OTD ... I would not call it a great price, rather just OK. Plus Colinwood is not GTA ...

The bike is way overpriced .... that was my point. :D

What would you pay for this bike?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
If you compare to what people are asking on Kijiji, that is not a bad price from a dealer and it's certified.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If you compare to what people are asking on Kijiji, that is not a bad price from a dealer and it's certified.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

LOL ... that's the reason why it's been for sale since summer 2015.

ppl think certified means a lot to the added price. It doesn't. If the bike is good, the cost of a cert is around $40. I'm not going to pay hundreds more just for the cert. Especially if I'm not going to buy it anyways if it wouldn't pass. I don't recall if I've ever bought a bike certified....don't think so, always got it myself.

ppl think certified means a lot to the added price. It doesn't. If the bike is good, the cost of a cert is around $40. I'm not going to pay hundreds more just for the cert. Especially if I'm not going to buy it anyways if it wouldn't pass. I don't recall if I've ever bought a bike certified....don't think so, always got it myself.
If bikes are like cars, they wouldn't have to even run to pass a safety.

Which leads to my next question: after purchasing, is there a timeline to have it safetied?

I can't agree more. I just bought used bike and some dealers are pitching safety cert as a value added feature ...

Which leads to my next question: after purchasing, is there a timeline to have it safetied?

Technically, yes. 10 days from your T sticker.
Realistically, no. Just don't get pulled over going on to your 52nd day of a 10 day temp sticker.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Technically, yes. 10 days from your T sticker.
Realistically, no. Just don't get pulled over going on to your 52nd day of a 10 day temp sticker.

Could I buy a bike in the fall and trailer it home, then in the spring trailer it to a shop for safety, then put it on the road?

Technically yes.
Just don't register it without having insurance. (if they even let you). Or else mto and/or insurance will consider you riding dirty until you insure it.

You can register the bike into your name without safety or insurance as unfit. You do need the safety and ins. to get plates to put it on the road. So a safety can be done years later. For example if you were using the bike on track only and then converting back to street use. Safety is good for 36 days.

Thanks.

My price range is <$5000, however I will go above that. Year range 2005-2009.

I see some 2005s for $3600, others for $4600, also 2007s varying by $1000 or more for the same mileage. This is all confusing. I want to know what are signs I should stay away, like in real estate when the add says "needs TLC".

2009? Sport bike? Less than 5k?

Not possible...

Unless it's a 250...which will.be very vclose to that price...check out the other outrageously overpriced bikes for sale thread..

Back
Top Bottom