Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 218 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I can't make it, I'll be doing the Thursday the 12th.

Anyone in this thread have some engine mount bolts for my 04 R6? Hully Gully here didn't convince me they knew which ones to order and said they are back ordered. I'd like to go no sliders, maybe I'll dig through my bucket ofextra parts for something that looks like it came from those spots when the sliders went in.

Only 8 bukcs a piece but not feeling like ordering waiting two weeks and being right they ordered the wrong one.

If you look at the parts fische and give them the exact part numbers, usually they are labelled when they show up if they are OEM. e.g. https://www.ronayers.com/

Apparently its normal for them to get quite warm. Just a rebuild and a new spring.

Thanks man! That was the site I was thinking of but couldn't remember. I am also talking with Sonic Cycle as he went to look to see if he had the bolts in a bike in his yard. I'd assume he does.

If you look at the parts fische and give them the exact part numbers, usually they are labelled when they show up if they are OEM. e.g. https://www.ronayers.com/

Thanks man! That was the site I was thinking of but couldn't remember. I am also talking with Sonic Cycle as he went to look to see if he had the bolts in a bike in his yard. I'd assume he does.
If you can't get bolts in time you could take off the sliders and cut them down to just the nub with spacer. Not perfect, but will get you through until you get the bolts.

That is a good option, I got things apart yesterday. Found out which bolts I need and if everything goes well I'll grab them after work and have the bike buttoned back up by end of the night.

If you can't get bolts in time you could take off the sliders and cut them down to just the nub with spacer. Not perfect, but will get you through until you get the bolts.

They seem to be running modified a lot this year. It is good for the complex as this means money from the drag events, but it isn't the most inspiring track layout there that's for sure. Hoping I get to run technical and long track before this season is done.

They just changed the layout to Modified due to a big drag event happening on Monday. I'm out.

They seem to be running modified a lot this year. It is good for the complex as this means money from the drag events, but it isn't the most inspiring track layout there that's for sure. Hoping I get to run technical and long track before this season is done.
I hear ya. I'm hoping to run anything other than modified some time this year....lol

Just an FYI, I've only ever heard of a last minute layout change at Calabogie once.

Haha, tempting.
How much does a day cost there? There's cheap places to sleep near the track?
There are a few places in town for about $120 per night. Most people camp at the track. The track fees are $245-$270 for weekday and weekend I think. It's a serious commitment.

There are a few places in town for about $120 per night. Most people camp at the track. The track fees are $245-$270 for weekday and weekend I think. It's a serious commitment.

That is quite the commitment. At that price, I'd rather go to CTMP and even that is questionable in terms of budget :(
I'll be doing tmp on the 15th but after that it'll be either 2 more gbm sessions or a single ctmp

That is quite the commitment. At that price, I'd rather go to CTMP and even that is questionable in terms of budget :(
I'll be doing tmp on the 15th but after that it'll be either 2 more gbm sessions or a single ctmp
Mosport and Bogie are totally different animals. Mosport is quite fast not overly technical, Bogie is more about linking all those corners. Mosport is alot of fun, and Bogie is very rewarding when you get it right. Once you ride at Bogie everything else is not as thrilling.

UPDATE.......New bolts at a grand total of $4 bucks at Facca Fasteners and a bunch of sweat while I had to do a little extra work to get things buttoned up.

No more sliders, risk of a bike flip or broken engine mounts.

Next step, some fiberglass repair on the one fairing mounting hole. I'm going to try the PA fiberglass repair kit. Worst case I'll zip tie the thing on.

Mosport and Bogie are totally different animals. Mosport is quite fast not overly technical, Bogie is more about linking all those corners. Mosport is alot of fun, and Bogie is very rewarding when you get it right. Once you ride at Bogie everything else is not as thrilling.

I agree. I like Calabogie so much I don't care to ride anywhere else. I have two days paid for at Shannonville this year so will do that but otherwise it will just be Bogie.

Back
Top Bottom