Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 203 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I took the R6 to Adrian at Ace Moto Tech today and got the suspension set up for me. It certainly feels different, and better, than it did before, which I'm assuming is a good thing.... I really don't have a 'properly set up bike' to compare it to though....lol
When I bought it, I could clearly see the Ohlins rear suspension and damper and I was told it had upgraded springs in the front.....which I found out today isn't true. *Surprise surprise, people selling bikes on Kijiji sometimes exaggerate....
Oh well. It's set up as good as it's going to get. And even though it has stock suspension up front I still got a very good deal on the bike.
Can't wait to get it out on the track!!

I took the R6 to Adrian at Ace Moto Tech today and got the suspension set up for me. It certainly feels different, and better, than it did before, which I'm assuming is a good thing.... I really don't have a 'properly set up bike' to compare it to though....lol
When I bought it, I could clearly see the Ohlins rear suspension and damper and I was told it had upgraded springs in the front.....which I found out today isn't true. *Surprise surprise, people selling bikes on Kijiji sometimes exaggerate....
Oh well. It's set up as good as it's going to get. And even though it has stock suspension up front I still got a very good deal on the bike.
Can't wait to get it out on the track!!

" It's set up as good as it's going to get" ? As I'm re-watching MotoGP Qatar... We cannot afford to set up our bikes as good as they could get. haha... but good work. I'm sure your bike will handle very nicely now.

I mean, that while I own this bike, this is about as good as it's going to get....lol. I will never have Moto GP suspension....

I mean, that while I own this bike, this is about as good as it's going to get....lol. I will never have Moto GP suspension....

How long do you plan to keep this bike? Hopefully at least more than the previous track bike :p

How long do you plan to keep this bike? Hopefully at least more than the previous track bike :p
Should get at least 4 days out of this one... ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hey, I made some pretty good coin on that last R6!! Plus, I got a damn good deal on the current one!

For CTMP, should I go with Pro 6 or Riders Choice? I think Pro 6 is a tad cheaper
*shrug
Don't know. Both are fairly reputable so it's not like one is the greatest and one is the worst. Although personally I would lean more towards Pro 6. My only reason for this is that I've met staff from both places and I just liked the ones at Pro 6 more.

For CTMP, should I go with Pro 6 or Riders Choice? I think Pro 6 is a tad cheaper

Yeah, both are good. Pro6 has a mandatory "new to the track" thing (you're new to THAT track) where you must go out with a coach for a few sessions so they can show you the proper lines. Don't look on this as "Aw man... really? That's stupid..." because it isn't stupid. You should take it as an opportunity to learn from someone who really knows the track. If you have Joe or Richard don't be afraid to talk to them after each session.

And don't forget Pro6 charges $20-25 extra for the "new to this track" thing.

It's $30. All the more reason to take full advantage of the chance to learn.

Not saying it was a bad thing at all - just an additional cost.

Eh, after all the costs of a trackday, another $30 is not a deal breaker. That being said, I'd be more than happy to pay $30 for someone who knows what they're doing to show me some lines and provide some minor coaching. At the end of the day, my purpose at the track is to become a more proficient rider. Anything that facilitates that is a big :thumbright:for me

Eh, after all the costs of a trackday, another $30 is not a deal breaker. That being said, I'd be more than happy to pay $30 for someone who knows what they're doing to show me some lines and provide some minor coaching. At the end of the day, my purpose at the track is to become a more proficient rider. Anything that facilitates that is a big :thumbright:for me

There is no difference between them really.

RC makes the first session for green group a mandatory lead. All of my new riders are offered additional help at any further sessions. I've only been asked once.

The big difference between RC and Pro6 track day at CTMP is that the RC day is the Thursday before a CSBK weekend. This can prove to be hard from some people. Fast racers dominate the fast group. Slower racers take mid group. Everyone else gets pushed to green. It's a hard day for them to manage. It can be a frustrating day for someone new to CTMP.

That's a really good point. Definitely a good idea to avoid race practice days until you're comfortable with the track, any track, but especially Mosport big track.

Finally started up both my street and track bikes.

Is there any track-specific maintenance I need to double-check / make-sure before taking it out?

For the track bike, I'm doing the usual oil, WD-40'ing any joints (gear shifter, brake lever, etc.), filter, double-checking the chain slack and tires as well as changing the coolant to water-wetter.

sounds like you are set! Lubricating the clutch/brake/throttle cables doesn't hurt either

I recently watched all the CSBK races from last year. There was some great action! I went to Grand Bend for round 2 last season and am hoping to do the same this year. Anyone else planning on catching any of the races?

The grand bend races last year were decent. We met up with Dave and Michel there. Glad we had the ez-up in the truck from the trackday still... it was hot out. Sound system was terrible though.

Back
Top Bottom