Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 194 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

It would likely need to be serviced at that point, at which point you may as well buy a new one or look for a better deal

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It would likely need to be serviced at that point, at which point you may as well buy a new one or look for a better deal

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ballpark, how much am I looking at spending to refresh it?
He originally posted for $500 and I got him down to $400 just now. If I can pick it up for $300-350 I'll likely take it. A new one is around ~$800 :(

Indeed it was. Blue coolant hoses 'cause red were out of stock. Shiny stator cover. Ohlins damper. Exhaust. Rim Tape. Delivered it to Ottawa myself.
Sounds like they bought new fairings though.
Her name was Persephone... google it if you don't know the name.

Really kind of wonder which bike I would be faster on -- the GSX-r750 or the RC8... good challenge for sure.

Last edited:
So a deposit is down on the R6! Selling my SV650 and hoping all will be sorted and in their new garages in a week or two. House reno/moving is making me be patient.

Or a Yamaha ;)
I think you mentioned you're not a fan of the i-4 scream but what do you think of the crossplane r1? Would you consider a R1? (2015 if funds allow)

I love the sound of the cross-plane R1. It's something I would consider as a track bike. Not the newer ones though. 2009-2011 would be in the price range I'm willing to lose at the track.

I love the sound of the cross-plane R1. It's something I would consider as a track bike. Not the newer ones though. 2009-2011 would be in the price range I'm willing to lose at the track.
I'm with you on this one!
I figure once I get bored of the R6, a crossplane R1 will be the next track toy!

I've only ever done a few laps on a 929 (way back in 2003) and a session on a S1000RR on the track. Other than that, my ZX6R is the fastest bike I've ridden on the track. I think I'd enjoy a litre bike. I loved the session on the S1000RR.

I've only ever done a few laps on a 929 (way back in 2003) and a session on a S1000RR on the track. Other than that, my ZX6R is the fastest bike I've ridden on the track. I think I'd enjoy a litre bike. I loved the session on the S1000RR.

Well, v2 => v4 > i3 > crossplane i4 > i4 > etc.
At least in my humble opinion.

S1000rr would be a blast for sure.. but after hearing that some joe buddy crashed the pro6 demo bike this year, I'm somewhat leary of trying it myself for fear of the bin.

Last edited:
Well, v2 => v4 > i3 > crossplane i4 > i4 > etc.
At least in my humble opinion.

S1000rr would be a blast for sure.. but after hearing that some joe buddy crashed the pro6 demo bike this year, I'm somewhat leary of trying it myself for fear of the bin.
Back when I test rode it the crash deductible was low. I forget exactly, but I know I didn't hesitate when Sandy told me. I wouldn't worry about binning it though. They put it in traction control max mode, and anti wheelie so you'd have to be really pushing or stupid to bin it.

the dude that crashed it was riding like a moron...there was absolutely no reason to be riding a borrowed bike that fast, and its actually a REALLY easy bike to ride as long as you are not stupid with the throttle ..i've ridden the demo S1kRR from pro6 and the thing was so much fun I had to go buy one. so if you ever get the chance to try one out I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure how one can get bored of a 600 on the track, especially on our smaller tracks, I don't even bring the 1000 to SMP or GBM, dont think i'd know what to do with it there :)

Trackin' ain't cheap!
cf8c12191f44b5016d910664589ff7e0.jpg

Found this quote about Hotbodies, hope it helps.

"IMHO it is cheap, quality is ok. Now don't get my wrong it will get the job done none the less. But I would do Sharkskinz over hot bodies, but dollar for dollar it's tough to beat hot bodies Even if the fitment is $hittier than a post op tranny from Northern Mexico."

Found this quote about Hotbodies, hope it helps.

"IMHO it is cheap, quality is ok. Now don't get my wrong it will get the job done none the less. But I would do Sharkskinz over hot bodies, but dollar for dollar it's tough to beat hot bodies Even if the fitment is $hittier than a post op tranny from Northern Mexico."

Hmm... if its tough to beat Hotbodies dollar for dollar at $700, then at $350 it's a no-brainer! Anyone interested in a group buy? I'm going to have them ship to states and pick up there.

Also, just had a quick word with Mitch Card and he's saying at that price, it's not something I should pass up. Quality is supposedly decent

Last edited:
$350 is a good price... it race body work, doesn't have to be fancy, with enough zip ties, everything fits.

Back
Top Bottom